Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Mike1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2011, 8:32 am

Ban-Dodger wrote:
Well, just as long as you`re an open-minded individual to continuous-learning, I have no complaints, but my first paragraph is just a cautionary statement for your benefit. Many people out there in the «social-realm» of things are often very quick to try and tear you down upon making any kinds of such statements but, despite their offensive attitudes, the psychological-studies of their behaviours can be quite interesting. You will also keep your sanity better if you take the approach that what-ever we know now could just as easily become obsolete tomorrow (history is a repetitive force after all).

I'm the type of person who likes to absorb as much information as possible, neither accepting it nor rejecting it, just contemplating it. I can usually build off of it later on and get closer to unlocking the secrets of the universe. Although I keep absorbing more information I don't think I'll ever have a complete understanding of the universe, but I can keep getting closer.

JHenry2848
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jun 2011, 7:11 am

Stuff like that is done as a natural coping mechanism. You don't need to seek instructions on the internet. If you're not currently relying on daydreaming as a stress releaver its probably because you dont currently need to and not because you don't know how to.

KayTJewels
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jun 2011, 11:10 pm

Mike1 wrote:
I don't talk very much and I don't have many friends so I was wondering if I could create my own best friend using my conscience. I want to make it very detailed so that it will be similar to a real person, kind of like a second personality. Is there any way to create a voice inside my head that will be friendly with me and not torment me? I know that most people who have a voice inside their head are tormented by it and want to get rid of it. Is there anyone who enjoys having a voice inside their head? I think that creating a voice inside my head might help to ease my depression a little. I always entertain myself with my own thoughts, but I think it would be nice to create the illusion that I'm talking to someone. Does anyone have any knowledge about this topic?

Funny i went my whole life thinking everyone had four others in thier head, and here is someone wishing to create just one. I can't imagine what it would sound like to look inthe mirror and not hear a buzz of convosations pick up on the inside. I have D.I.D, Dissostive Identity Disorder and we often talk in the mirror to one another. Although at times it can be frustrating when they wont go away and you cant think past thier thoughts and you walk by the mirror and it gets loud, i would like to say I am no longer tormented by them. I do Enjoy thier company and can't imagine what is sounds like in the mind of someone with out others in thier mind.

I wouldnt suggest the creation of "Others" Check into "Internalized Imaginary Companions" before you explore further into a garden of snakes in your brain . You are made as you should be

Mike1
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2011, 5:08 pm

KayTJewels wrote:
Funny i went my whole life thinking everyone had four others in thier head, and here is someone wishing to create just one. I can't imagine what it would sound like to look inthe mirror and not hear a buzz of convosations pick up on the inside. I have D.I.D, Dissostive Identity Disorder and we often talk in the mirror to one another. Although at times it can be frustrating when they wont go away and you cant think past thier thoughts and you walk by the mirror and it gets loud, i would like to say I am no longer tormented by them. I do Enjoy thier company and can't imagine what is sounds like in the mind of someone with out others in thier mind.

I wouldnt suggest the creation of "Others" Check into "Internalized Imaginary Companions" before you explore further into a garden of snakes in your brain . You are made as you should be

Just out of curiousity is it kind of like in Spider Man when the Green Goblin has conversations with himself in the mirror or is it not that intense? I guess I can entertain myself enough with my thoughts without having a second personality. It would probably get kind of annoying having someone else in my head all of the time and it would probably make me more paranoid. Being alone isn't that bad. I don't really want to mess anything up in my mind that I can't easily fix.