Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

pinoy_pac_fan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Aug 2006, 2:36 am

Hello, evryone. I watched this Martin Scorsese movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio a few days ago, and i just wanna ask evryone, what do you think was Howard Hughes' illness, why did he act that way. It's kinda weird coz I see a little bit of myself in that guy.

Did he have AS? or was it OCD or Schizophrenia or something. Thanks, guys.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2006, 7:56 pm

From what I've heard, Hughes had OCD, but the lines that distinguish OCD, AS, HFA, etc. are always kinda blurred. The title character in the show "Monk" is supposed to be OCD, but some people here thought him to have AS instead. I really liked the film, btw. Good stuff. And I'm not into airplanes at all. Heh.

pinoy_pac_fan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Aug 2006, 1:19 am

Veresae wrote:
From what I've heard, Hughes had OCD, but the lines that distinguish OCD, AS, HFA, etc. are always kinda blurred. The title character in the show "Monk" is supposed to be OCD, but some people here thought him to have AS instead. I really liked the film, btw. Good stuff. And I'm not into airplanes at all. Heh.

ok. thanks, Veresae. The scenes where Hughes washes his hands a lot, and the time when he locked himself up in his projection room for days, and not being really too friendly to most people, except for the very few ones who he trusted and made him feel nice, it reminded me so much of myself. Weird. :?

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2006, 12:11 am

pinoy_pac_fan wrote:
[ok. thanks, Veresae. The scenes where Hughes washes his hands a lot, and the time when he locked himself up in his projection room for days, and not being really too friendly to most people, except for the very few ones who he trusted and made him feel nice, it reminded me so much of myself. Weird. :?

Heheh, yeah, well people with OCD can have all that without having AS. Like I said, it's blurred. I loved the doorknob scene, myself.