Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 9:05 am

Can someone suffering from borderline personality disorder go from a very well liked person to a very disliked and hateful person becuase off personality changes?

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 9:28 am

Would you mind giving us more details about this situation? It's hard to answer your question because it's a bit vague. I don't want to give the wrong answer based on incorrect understanding of your question.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 9:29 am

Sounds quite possible. My psychiatrist told me to look into Borderline P.D. cause she thinks I might have it. Since I was 16 my moods have swung wildly from cheerful and nice to nasty as anything at times. I thought this was better attributable to bipolar disorder though?

I don't know,. I never actually looked up Borderline P.D.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 9:33 am

Looked it up. Do you have it? I personally don't think I have it because most of the time I have an extremely stable sense of self, though that has lessened somewhat the more I socialize and the less I think things over to myself.

I think mood swings, as part of bipolar disorder or something else, explain extreme mood changes better unless there are other symptoms you haven't named. But of course I'm no expert.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 9:43 am

What i am trying to say is that maybe it effects your personality. like for a few years you could be a very nice well liked person then a few years down the line everyone might hate you becuase of personality changes???

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 11:10 am

I did become a really grumpy callous cynical nasty person, at least in my home life, around age 20 when I did so badly at college I had to stop out. But I'm much better now.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2011, 1:51 pm

I know a girl who has BPD and she drove me away because of her intense behaviour. I had to block her from my facebook because she kept writing really weird stuff on mine and my friends' wall that were scaring us... so yes, I suppose people with BPD can drive people away, maybe not intentionally though...