Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

greatarchangels
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 May 2011, 7:37 pm

I just read Secret knowledge/Hidden wisdom by Mark Pritchard AKA Belzebuub. The book was as engaging as a train wreck. Saying it was predictable would be a gross understatement, if you had known it was written by the religious right. Per this book, Mark’s belief that the truths he has created in his mind are indeed absolute truths and that everyone else must be made to believe in the same truths lest they perish. From not being allow to masturbate or have wet dreams to going to the Abyss if you ejaculate inside of your partner. If you are pro choice, gay, transgender, you are doomed for eternity. The only truth about this book is that it will set you back to the middle ages. That’s right this is just like all the all religions but worse because you made it sound like it was something else.

In many ways this has turned out to be my own exercise in letting go of anger. I now need to let go of the feelings of betrayal and disapointment on the teachers that run the movement. I could never live w myself knowing that I’m deceiving people by not letting them know from the beginning what they are all about. How can you to teach about Karma? Shame on you Gnostic Movement Teachers. Shame on you.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 8:28 pm

I am a gnostic
no wait the space is in the wrong place
I am agnostic
yeah that makes more sense.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 8:59 pm

JakobVirgil wrote:
I am a gnostic
I am agnostic

If you KNOW your are agnostic then you aren't.

ruveyn

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 9:14 pm

But if he thinks he might be agnostic then he is.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 9:14 pm

ruveyn wrote:
JakobVirgil wrote:
I am a gnostic
I am agnostic

If you KNOW your are agnostic then you aren't.

ruveyn

right right i'm a apatheist ? ingnostic?

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2011, 9:20 pm

Say ingnostic again and I will reply Gesundheit.

What for a tongue stumbler.

greatarchangels
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 May 2011, 10:30 pm

thx for agreeing w me. love your support

heylelshalem
Raven
Raven

01 Jun 2011, 2:18 am

if you want a good read on gnosticism read elaine pagels book "the gnostic gospels".

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 8:38 am

greatarchangels wrote:
thx for agreeing w me. love your support

Seriously, since you rebuke the cliquish claque, what you posted sounds to me very typical of many of the "Let us revive this THING that nobody really knows anything about and I will be Boss of it" movements. Some are less offensive than others, some may even be very good in intent, but like Esperanto [any Esperantists around?] they are artificial constructs based not on centuries of practical experience in the world but on an ignorant idealism, and thet are terribly dependent on the personality of those who invent them or run them.

Mind you, REAL Gnosticism is not without problems, and the divide between the Made Guys and the footsoldiers which seems to be a normal if not automatic result of the systems can lead to much of what you describe, even where it HAS interacted with the world for centuries.

greatarchangels
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Jun 2011, 12:59 pm

Well said. Buyer be aware kind of thing. Yet the gnostic movement blows monkey chunks. This is not the case in Latino America... they have gone under. It's all about their white entitlement.

Seriously, since you rebuke the cliquish claque, what you posted sounds to me very typical of many of the "Let us revive this THING that nobody really knows anything about and I will be Boss of it" movements. Some are less offensive than others, some may even be very good in intent, but like Esperanto [any Esperantists around?] they are artificial constructs based not on centuries of practical experience in the world but on an ignorant idealism, and thet are terribly dependent on the personality of those who invent them or run them.

Mind you, REAL Gnosticism is not without problems, and the divide between the Made Guys and the footsoldiers which seems to be a normal if not automatic result of the systems can lead to much of what you describe, even where it HAS interacted with the world for centuries.[/quote]

billie17
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Aug 2011, 4:40 am

I have also read Secret Knowledge, Hidden Wisdom by Mark Pritchard/Belzebuub, but don’t think it is similar to the religious right or has anything to do with ‘white entitlement’. The kind of spirituality taught in the book wasn’t invented by any one person, but the concepts of sexuality, enlightenment, karma, etc, can be found in both eastern traditions like Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, as well as western Christian tradition.

I don’t think that the book is pretending to be anything other than what it is. It does explain obscure spiritual concepts in clear and plain language, which I guess can be confronting if you have never studied ancient texts before, but personally I find this useful and a strong point of the book.

BTW, there are a couple of people that have started a smear campaign against Mark Pritchard; Joanna Gillan and Ioannis Syrigos, which has led to a lot of misinformation being spread around on the web. I think that a lot of it has to do with the fact that they were asked to leave the Gnostic movement for misconduct, and weren’t allowed to return despite trying to for over a year. IMHO it’s fine for people to disagree and have different opinions on things, but there should still be respect for others, hatred doesn’t solve anything.

Knifey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Aug 2011, 5:40 am

Philologos wrote:
But if he thinks he might be agnostic then he is.
lol.. you crack me up.

gottalove22
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Sep 2011, 8:01 pm

Righto billie17. Great book by Mark Pritchard(Belzebuub). Hard to find one decently honest and direct on the occult and esoteric, demystifying centuries of mythical traditions (from maya to egypt) with concepts of sex, enlightenment, psychology, the soul etc. Something I don't think archangelthegreat quite understood as he seems to be posting this ad in multiple places, electryfing his personal intimate concerns or fears of sexuality.

I agree, definitely a lack of respect there on Ms. Gillan and Mr. Syrigos' part and their tagteam.. pushing their hatred and twisted ideas against honest spiritual groups. Leave them be.

Some people and their addictive tangents and rants to smear and spread hate.. just like the professionals..

NobelCynic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2011, 8:52 am

greatarchangels wrote:
Shame on you Gnostic Movement Teachers. Shame on you.

This sounds like you are judging all gnostic teachers based on one guy. I never read Mark Pritchard's book and I am not much interested in the opinions of someone who named himself after the prince of the demons. :roll:

In addition to the book Heylelshalem suggested, you might take a look at
this site if you would like to know what gnosticism is really about

Rooney7
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Sep 2011, 2:56 pm

Well said billie17 and gottalove22. I agree with you. I have also read Secret Knowledge, Hidden Wisdom by Mark Pritchard(Belzebuub). It is an esoteric book very profound. As billie17 right said “It does explain obscure spiritual concepts in clear and plain language”.

Unfortunately some people, as Joanna Gillan and Ioannis Syrigos have “devoted” their lives to spread a smear campaign and many untrue allegations against Mark Pritchard. It’s a miserable situation. Shame on them!

Judith_27
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Sep 2011, 10:11 pm

This book is about spirituality, and some people may agree or disagree with it. The author does not try to convince anyone of what he says. What he talks about has been talked about by many different cultures all around the world.

This book deals on so many subjects, from reincarnation, to karma, to the wheel of life (Samsara) to initiations, enlightenment to how to achieve internal peace, internal change, etc.. And yes it also deals about sexuality, how could it not, it is one of the most important aspect of life.

That "greatarchangels" does not agree with what is written is fine but to go ahead and call people liars, religious right, that it sets you back in the middle ages, and insinuate deception and spread such a negative and false light on the author IS really NOT on.

I've read the book, and what I liked about it, is from the get-go the author just tells you NOT to believe in what he says, but to gain experience and form your own knowledge from your own experiences.. And to be wary of beliefs old or of making new ones - that it leads to a dead-end.

So truly I don't know where the deception is.. I guess perhaps when someone wants to believe only, and when that person reads something that does not agree with his/hers beliefs and the they choose not to challenge themselves and look for truths, and just get stuck on the belief part, then a huge denial, or not wanting to face what else could possibly is too much for them.

It makes me think of the allegory of the Cave by Plato.. It seems very fitting here somehow.

Anyway, it's a good book, but then you have to be interested in spirituality first, and I guess have read a few books already and have some experiences on the subject. But it's clear and does not pretend to be anything else than what it is.