Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MyDogSasha
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 May 2011, 11:22 pm

alot of friends i have are online friends.....but alot of times we talk for a while and its all good and then after a while they just stop talking. why do they stop talking to you? this just happened....and i really liked talking to that person. now they just dont really talk to me anymore....

do you have mostly online friends? is it a bad thing...because they dont really care like a rl friend...?

TheInfamousArgyle
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

31 May 2011, 11:36 pm

Meh... I don't really make friends with people online, mostly because it's hard to talk to them, because there's no emotion being conveyed through tone of voice or expressions, and because I can't really be interested in some unknown person behind a screen... They disappear too easily, but that's all I know about online friends.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 11:01 am

MyDogSasha wrote:
alot of friends i have are online friends.....but alot of times we talk for a while and its all good and then after a while they just stop talking. why do they stop talking to you?

It confuses me too. I don't know what context you're referring to but I've had people just stop talking in the middle of an online conversation many times, and I've also had people talk to me for months and then just cease contact.
If this is instant messaging or e-mail, why don't you send them another message after a while if they don't contact you back? They may have simply got involved in something else and forgotten, as I have done myself in the past.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2011, 1:15 am

I have a lot of online friends, but not as many as I used to because I was to attached to the internet.

If I stop talking with someone, it is because the subject has died, I forgot to reply, or their are not my kind (we don't get along).

If others do, idk, sometimes I may be boring, and sometimes I offend people without even knowing I did.