Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

04 Jun 2011, 9:42 am

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/06/03/s ... -tsa-bill/

Interesting, some states have decided to put the kabosh to TSA touching and x-raying folks. I hope this goes national. I am glad to see texas do something FOR maintaining the rights of its citizens.

what do you think??

Tantricbadass
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jun 2011, 11:52 am

I couldn't imagine the madness that came over people to give the TSA the right to molest people to fly.It just shows how the American government loves big business.Businesses are for regulation and they are not the machines that keep our economy going.This is one of the few things I proud of my state for.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2011, 11:30 pm

Problem is if they is another attack on a plane there are going to be people yelling where was the tsa. They have a tough job. I would go through the body scanner though.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2011, 12:04 am

Quote:
I couldn't imagine the madness that came over people to give the TSA the right to molest people to fly.It just shows how the American government loves big business.Businesses are for regulation and they are not the machines that keep our economy going.This is one of the few things I proud of my state for.

The TSA is a federal agency under Homeland Security, not a private company. It is still another government bureaucracy to feed as it grows which is just as bad, though.
This whole airline security thing was, of course, a kneejerk reaction to 9/11 that we’re going to be saddled with for a long time. I personally resent the invasive cattle stampede method of going thought post 9/11 airport security. I’ve never been felt up by TSA yet but I can assure you it would put me in a dark mood.

9/11 was the result of our failure to act meaningfully against international terrorism in the decades preceding. In my opinion and that of many others we still don’t act in a meaningful enough way against terrorism.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

05 Jun 2011, 9:34 am

Raptor wrote:
Quote:

The TSA is a federal agency under Homeland Security, not a private company. It is still another government bureaucracy to feed as it grows which is just as bad, though.
This whole airline security thing was, of course, a kneejerk reaction to 9/11 that we’re going to be saddled with for a long time. I personally resent the invasive cattle stampede method of going thought post 9/11 airport security. I’ve never been felt up by TSA yet but I can assure you it would put me in a dark mood.

9/11 was the result of our failure to act meaningfully against international terrorism in the decades preceding. In my opinion and that of many others we still don’t act in a meaningful enough way against terrorism.

Ya in Iseral(sp) they have this device that one person at a time walks into with their luggage and it is a blast proof dedonator when a person with a bomb walks into this thing....it will blow them up, but no one else. It solves several problems at once. The terrorist gets no glory...so it is a deterent in that way and the problem of prosocuting is solved too, and it is non evasive and not harmful to the innocent folks that walk in there. It is pure genius onb both a security and a psychological level. If the DHS really cared about the US citizens' rights and security they would use these things

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2011, 11:54 am

jojobean wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Quote:

Ya in Iseral(sp) they have this device that one person at a time walks into with their luggage and it is a blast proof dedonator when a person with a bomb walks into this thing....it will blow them up, but no one else. It solves several problems at once. The terrorist gets no glory...so it is a deterent in that way and the problem of prosocuting is solved too, and it is non evasive and not harmful to the innocent folks that walk in there. It is pure genius onb both a security and a psychological level. If the DHS really cared about the US citizens' rights and security they would use these things

That would be fine with me but the ACLU would have a fit.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2011, 12:22 pm

The problem is what if someone with a bomb had to bring the bomb on the plane because terrorists have their family. They would get murdered even though they weren't guilty.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2011, 1:35 pm

thewrll wrote:
The problem is what if someone with a bomb had to bring the bomb on the plane because terrorists have their family. They would get murdered even though they weren't guilty.

You make a good point.
There will always be "what if’s", though. You can "what if" just about anything enough to find fault with it from one prespective or another. In this case at least the bomb would go off in a chamber that would contain the blast which is better than bringing down an airliner full off passengers. I know it seems callous but it boils down to a trade-off between one innocent individual and 200 of them.

What I don't know yet is how exactly this bomb exploding chamber works in terms of how it makes any bombs present explode.