Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Kimmy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jun 2011, 8:09 am

The movie coming out is called, "Dark Side Of The Moon" right? Well I've heard a rumor that Sam starts to turn into an Autobot in this movie, but it doesnt confirm or deny this on the movies wikipedia page. Can someone tell me if this is true?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2011, 5:29 pm

Um...the subtitle is "Dark of the Moon."

From the preview, the new movie looks much better than the second one.

I have no clue if Sam indeed turns into an Autobot...and how would he turn into an Autobot?

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2011, 5:36 pm

Sam turns into an Autobot?? Hmm... that echoes this classic movie moment :D
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHjlarr85nQ[/youtube]

Ookla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jun 2011, 10:49 pm

I put this in another thread about Transformers:DOTM, and I apparently killed that thread. :? I'll copy and paste it here, and see if I can kill this thread as well (there's a bit of info about Sam at the end):

I bought the new Transformers Vault book--which is excellent, by the way--and it has a rough plot for the new movie:

"It turns out that the race to the moon launched by President Kennedy was prompted to investigate Transformer activity. Optimus Prime's predecessor, Sentinel Prime, had developed a dangerously powerful weapon. Rather than risk it falling into Decepticon hands, Sentinel fled the battlefield only to crash his ship, the Ark, into Earth's moon. Optimus and the Autobots are briefed on this history by a firsthand witness--Apollo 11 astronaut Buzz Aldrin makes an appearance as himself in the movie.

The Decepticons and Autobots race to claim this lunar weapon, known as the Space Bridge, but a treacherous Sentinel Prime emerges alive, corrupted with visions of conquest. Optimus and Megatron must team up to defeat the turncoat before he can use the Bridge's powers of teleportation to transport Cybertron into Earth's orbit: the move would destroy Earth, releasing a massive wave of energy that Sentinel Prime plans to use to save Cybertron. The film's climax includes multiple battles with the largest cast of robot characters yet. Even Sam Witwicky acquits himself well in combat as a shape-shifting gauntlet built by the Autobots gives him some much needed defensive firepower against the Decepticons."

murasaki_ahiru
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jun 2011, 8:07 pm

Ookla wrote:
I put this in another thread about Transformers:DOTM, and I apparently killed that thread. :? I'll copy and paste it here, and see if I can kill this thread as well (there's a bit of info about Sam at the end):

I bought the new Transformers Vault book--which is excellent, by the way--and it has a rough plot for the new movie:

"

I ve got that book as well got last week. Nicely done love the foreword from Peter Cullen (<3 )

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 10:38 pm

I skipped the 2nd movie but I'm kind of interested in this one.

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 11:59 pm

Even if the plot's horrible, I'm still going to go see it in IMAX 3D and enjoy the eye and ear candy.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 3:40 am

Am I the only person who liked the second movie? Well apart from the fight scene that went on for like 2 hours and gave me motion sickness...

Bring on the third!

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 4:17 pm

I've read the film is suppose to be better than the first two and thats alright with me. I'm not expecting an oscar nominated film here but just a good decent one. There have been alot of positive reviews and also a few negatives saying that it's loud and not enough plot or something. I've read the review in the Sunday Mirror giving it 4 stars out of 5 and that good enough for me but other reviewers like Empire Magazine gave it 2 stars but I shouldn't really let something like that worry me. Remember when films like Spider-man, Iron Man and J.J. Abrams Star Trek came out. They had good write ups, but also a few bad ones, but to this day they are considered great films. Hell Empire Magazine only gave Iron Man 3 out of 5 stars, and look how good that film turned out. I faintly remember reading the Daily Mirror years ago when they reviewed Spider-man 2 and was only given 3 out of 5 stars and look how good that turned out, and they even gave 5 whole stars to Spider-man 3. Considered a bad movie and the Mirror seemed to like it. Maybe they'll feel the same about DOTM, but I seriously doubt that, 4 stars is good enough for me but still I seriously doubt it. i'm not a Bay fan. The only films of his I've seen from start to finish are the 2 Transformers movies and only the first one was awesome.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Jul 2011, 12:31 am

I'm starting to believe Michael Bay is the highest paid second unit director. I was bored with the movie. I actually yawned during the explosion scenes... and there were plenty of them. So many in fact that I just sort of zoned out...

Anyhow there was only one scene I truly enjoyed involving Simmons' butler Dutch (portrayed by Firefly favorite Alan Tudyk). If memory serves he's asked to translate Russian into English, or visa versa, and says something like "I can't understand Cyrillic! It looks like the keys you never press on a calculator!" The way it was delivered by Alan Tudyk got a huge LOL from me. :)

Ookla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jul 2011, 10:49 pm

I saw it this afternoon, and it was what I went to see: Big, loud, dumb fun. I enjoyed it, and it was easily superior to Revenge of the Fallen. No Decepticon testicles, dogs humping, marijuana brownies, senile old Autobots--in other words, all the things that made ROTF so painful at times. There was still a lot of unfunny humor, but the big battle scene at the end was so awesome that I'll forgive it.

The audience I watched it with was decidedly non-geeky. I seemed to be the only one who caught Sentinel (Leonard Nimoy) Prime's Star Trek joke. I laughed out loud and everyone sitting close turned to look at me. :?

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 3:11 pm

I saw it yesterday and thought it was fantastic! I also noticed something in the movie before anyone else. The sign for Chernobyl. See I can read Cyrillic so I worked out what it said before anyone else!

The only thing I didn't like about the film was 1. that Chernobyl's worker town of Pripyat was laid out completely wrong and had the wrong kind of architecture... (of course only a derelict building nerd like myself would notice that though!) and 2. that Sam had a different girlfriend... I think it was something to do with the actress not wanting to do a third movie or something but still I thought it was a bit weird since he was SO in love with her in films 1 and 2.

Apparently I was the only one who liked the humour too because no one else except me was laughing...

And no I didn't spot the Star Trek joke :(

Ookla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jul 2011, 10:35 pm

Jellybean wrote:

It was the scene where Sentinel Prime is standing atop the building alone, doing a villainous monologue, and he finishes it with "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Classic Spock reference.

Megan Fox didn't return for this one because she told an interviewer that Michael Bay was "like Hitler on set." Apparently he didn't appreciate the comparison.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Jul 2011, 2:40 am

Ookla wrote:
Jellybean wrote:
It was the scene where Sentinel Prime is standing atop the building alone, doing a villainous monologue, and he finishes it with "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Classic Spock reference.

Which is ironic considering the reason he spoke it in Star Trek was so that he could help his friends escape a megalomaniacal villain... but in T3 it was spoken by his character: a megalomaniacal villain to help himself. I think they should have reversed the line to add a little more weigh to it, "the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many." Megatron would've said that...

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2011, 7:23 am

Quote:
Jellybean wrote:
And no I didn't spot the Star Trek joke

Megan Fox didn't return for this one because she told an interviewer that Michael Bay was "like Hitler on set." Apparently he didn't appreciate the comparison.

Yes I did sort of think that sounded familiar when I heard it but I couldn't think where I had heard it before! That makes more sense now! And yes, I too have been told that Megan Fox likened Michael Bay to Hitler. Apparently it was Stephen Spielberg who told him to fire her. It sounds like the rest of the crew were relieved to be honest!

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2011, 2:02 am

I had the opportunity of seeing it yesterday evening, and i thoroughly enjoyed it. It's also vastly superior to the crapness of Revenge of the Fallen, but why oh why did it have to be two hours long? Total Fim gave it 3 stars, praising the back-story but criticising Rosie-Huntington Whitley's acting.

The good:
Less of the stupid toilet humour.
Laserbeak being an absolute bad-ass when he assassinates all the people connected to the Russian and US space missions.
Sentinel Prime's Spock reference.
The highway battle/chase between Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Dino and The Dreads. (Poor Simmons!)
Megatron's rendezvous with Starscream, Soundwave and Laserbeak in Africa. (All hail Megatron!)
The Wreckers. (Better and less-annoying than the Twins)
Decepticons ACTUALLY killing humans.
Starscream's nose-dive towards the Autobot shuttle before he destroys it.
Megatron desecrating the Abraham Lincoln Statue in Washington.

The bad:
Ironhide's death (Shocking)
Starscream dieing in a ridiculously gay manner. (Sam blinding his optics, REALLY?!?)
Bumblebee killing Soundwave and Laserbeak. (That literally ENRAGES ME. Little yellow bastard....)
Brains and Wheelie (Ugh, annoying to the extreme)
Ken Jeong's paranoid conspiracy theorist.
Shockwave being made to look weak before he dies.
Megatron doing nothing until he attacks Sentinel near the end.

Still, DotM is 10 times better than RotF.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty