Aspie affection giving me hell, how to fix?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 5:02 am

So, a couple weeks ago, I logged on and found all my messages had been deleted. Inbox and sent. And o course I don't remember the nice gir; who I was talking to's username.

and, there is the other issue: I got an email today saying someone had messaged me. Excited, I went over to check it out. It says I have 0 new messages, and the message obviously isn't showing up. I decided to search for the user, but the search option, along with the tools option, My membership, and plugins is blued out, I can't click it.

also, when I search through profile search, it gives me a huge full page error.

I'd love to contact them but I can't. Ideas?

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 4:41 am

No ideas? There isn't a contact button for the site either. :/

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 4:53 am

You may find you are struggling for help. None of the moderators have any special access to that site. I'm not sure if any of the other mods even have an account there, I don't.

The only person who could likely help you is Alex. I notice he hasn't logged into his WP account for over a week.

Sorry. :shrug:

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 4:59 am

Yeah, I was hoping someone had had the same problem, or that alex would come along. It says I've had 2 views to my profile since may 29, so i clicked, and it says it can't find any users who viewed my profile, so that didn't help either. :/

edit: oh. It logged me out when i tried to see the users who viewed my profile. Odd. Now I can see them, but not the person who supposedly left me a message,

GriffinGuitar12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jun 2011, 1:46 pm

It's a pretty crappy site IMO (though that doesn't mean you have to think the same thing). I've gotten two different responses on there - one from a European girl I only knew for about 3 days before she freaked out on me, and the other from a girl who was pretty cool but she got a BOYFRIEND without letting me KNOW about it first!! :x Urrgghh!! ! Most of the people I've looked up on there don't even check the site that frequently. I quit with online relationships!! It's better for me to find someone in my area, I think. Aspie or not (there are nice, sympathetic people I'm familiar with who don't have Asperger's, ya know ;) ) I don't care (at this point, at least) HOW long it takes!! Yeah it's a drag, but if I find someone I think it'll be well worth the wait in the end!! ! My advice, Em, would be for you to do the same, I know you know plenty of Aspie guys irl (myself included :P but I think you and I would both prefer at this point to be friends) If you feel like online dating is the better choice for you, though, please don't let me stop you from doing so! I just wanted to get this off my chest, and I apologize if I offended anyone (including you) in the process.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2011, 6:19 am

I have the most interesting women on AA.

Messaging isn't working right now.

I'm trying to encourage Alex to fix it.

- Emerson

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 3:45 pm

Thanks for all the advice guys. :)

(and no, I wasn't offended)

and Mr.Mark, Yes, *please* encourage him to fix it. :)

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 3:53 pm

Wow, I just re-read my post.

It should say I have MET the most interesting women on AA.

8O

- Emerson

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 11:08 am

Messaging seems to be working again.

Thanks Alex!

:D

- Emerson

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 3:57 am

...and now it's broken again.

:(

- Emerson

HoodedShadow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jun 2011, 9:25 am

I emailed Alex about this posting here as well to warn people.

There is either site script error or server side database error causing the script to give out all info about its users (who meet search keywords) including email address and MD5 hash (encrypteded) password.
If you are using the website make sure you don't use same password anywhere else, and if you do change your password into something else.

For obvious reason I wont go into details about this, I have emailed the details to Alex though, however haven't gotten reply to emails yet.

Email address: http://www.google.com/recaptcha/mailhid ... 0lSIA-uw==

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 9:31 am

Hey you know what I'm noticing, on the Membership Level Comparison Chart, 'Send message to mailbox' is not available for free.

- Emerson

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 10:32 am

I'm actually tbh starting to think this whole Aspies Affection site is pointless, it's really like he doesn't really want to take notice of it anyways, besides I don't really need it or want to use it now since I have someone that already makes me so happy. :)

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 5:15 am

superboyian wrote:
I'm actually tbh starting to think this whole Aspies Affection site is pointless, it's really like he doesn't really want to take notice of it anyways, besides I don't really need it or want to use it now since I have someone that already makes me so happy. :)

Congrats!

The site really needs an overhaul. The whole thing is errored out right now, and it says I have another message. I wonder how someone could have even sent a message right now, the whole site is un-navigatable. Maybe that in itself is the error, that I'm getting emails saying I'm getting messages.