Joker
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 2:31 pm

I love women an men I dont think I could hate them

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

16 Jun 2011, 2:55 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:
Egocentrism FTW. :twisted:

:)

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 3:11 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
nick007 wrote:
I would also like to point out that it is a forum for men so it makes sense that some women may not like it. I accidentally clicked in the Women's section here a couple times & I was offended by a couple things but I let it go because that is a forum for women so it is not my place to be there & judge

sure, that makes sense. but people on here are "selling" the site as woman-friendly. and i would say it is not the case in every woman's opinion. some women might feel welcome there, but they may have different standards or ideas of what is acceptable.

you said before that you have never gone into the women's forum, though.

I am offended by this, you are indirectly accusing me and there other users who are promoting this forum of being manipulative and liars, and we're trying to "sell" the forum as woman-friendly, as if we are leading women to some 'trap'.

Look, if you have some kind of allergy against excessive testosterone, fine, don't join the men's forum, I bet that no one is forcing you to join it. Everyone is welcomed there, regardless of age and gender but you're not obliged to like it.

Stop spreading such false accusations and false publicity about us and about this forum. Let the users here browse it and form their own judgement.

i would say that you are doing the same thing, with false publicity. the way you were promoting the forum was not how i perceived it, so i also posted my opinion. people can agree or disagree with MY opinion, just like they can agree or disagree with YOUR opinion.

i used the word "selling" but i could replace it with "promoting" if you like. i am not bothered by either word. i have noticed that you have taken the time and energy to "promote" that forum here on WP. does selling involve a trap? "selling" seemed like the best possible word as i noticed that you (and others) have taken many opportunities to suggest that people go over to that site. but i can say "promote" instead.

i wouldn't have posted my impression except that you gave your impression first. if you would like people to avoid discussing that other forum then maybe stop bringing it up. i would not have introduced the topic, myself, as i have nothing invested in whether or not people go there, so it really doesn't matter to me. but maybe the truth of what the forum is really like lies in the middle somewhere, in between our perspectives.

of course nobody is obliged to like it, and i do not recall saying anything of the sort***. and i didn't say anyone was unwelcome there, just that i didn't like some particular comments being considered acceptable (which, surprise! happened to be about women), and that i didn't like the treatment of some specific people on there.

i also suggested that people could form their own opinions about it***

***you might want to actually go back and read what i wrote. it will help to prevent misinterpretation.

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 3:17 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
nick007 wrote:
I would also like to point out that it is a forum for men so it makes sense that some women may not like it. I accidentally clicked in the Women's section here a couple times & I was offended by a couple things but I let it go because that is a forum for women so it is not my place to be there & judge

sure, that makes sense. but people on here are "selling" the site as woman-friendly. and i would say it is not the case in every woman's opinion. some women might feel welcome there, but they may have different standards or ideas of what is acceptable.

I am offended by this, you are indirectly accusing me and there other users who are promoting this forum of being manipulative and liars, and we're trying to "sell" the forum as woman-friendly, as if we are leading women to some 'trap'.

Look, if you have some kind of allergy against excessive testosterone, fine, don't join the men's forum, I bet that no one is forcing you to join it. Everyone is welcomed there, regardless of age and gender but you're not obliged to like it.

Stop spreading such false accusations and false publicity about us and about this forum. Let the users here browse it and form their own judgement.

You choice to be offended based on your own perception of that comment. Oh BTW if your assuming that men only secrete testosterone then your wrong, females secrete testosterone as well as us males now!!

Edit am using a laptop with a crappy keyboard at the mo untill I finished fixing a computer, so there will be typos :P

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 3:22 pm

cdfox7 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
nick007 wrote:

You choice to be offended based on your own perception of that comment. Oh BTW if your assuming that men only secrete testosterone then your wrong, females secrete testosterone as well as us males now!!

Edit am using a laptop with a crappy keyboard at the mo untill I finished fixing a computer, so there will be typos :P

I said excessive.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 3:27 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
nick007 wrote:

i would say that you are doing the same thing, with false publicity. the way you were promoting the forum was not how i perceived it, so i also posted my opinion. people can agree or disagree with MY opinion, just like they can agree or disagree with YOUR opinion.

i used the word "selling" but i could replace it with "promoting" if you like. i am not bothered by either word. i have noticed that you have taken the time and energy to "promote" that forum here on WP. does selling involve a trap? "selling" seemed like the best possible word as i noticed that you (and others) have taken many opportunities to suggest that people go over to that site. but i can say "promote" instead.

i wouldn't have posted my impression except that you gave your impression first. if you would like people to avoid discussing that other forum then maybe stop bringing it up. i would not have introduced the topic, myself, as i have nothing invested in whether or not people go there, so it really doesn't matter to me. but maybe the truth of what the forum is really like lies in the middle somewhere, in between our perspectives.

of course nobody is obliged to like it, and i do not recall saying anything of the sort***. and i didn't say anyone was unwelcome there, just that i didn't like some particular comments being considered acceptable (which, surprise! happened to be about women), and that i didn't like the treatment of some specific people on there.

i also suggested that people could form their own opinions about it***

***you might want to actually go back and read what i wrote. it will help to prevent misinterpretation.

I can't win a debate where "proof" (proof of the forum's hostility against women or any particular member) isn't presented.

You're talking in puzzles and without names.

Once you provide links and names and events proving your claims, I ll debate with you again about this matter.

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 3:29 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
cdfox7 wrote:

I said excessive.

My current partner has excessive testosterone due to a health condition (polycystic ovary syndrome). In all honesty your point is moot.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 3:32 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I can't win a debate where "proof" (proof of the forum's hostility against women or any particular member) isn't presented.

Once you provide links and names and events proving your claims, I ll debate with you again about this matter.

why do you want to debate about it? either way, we have now effectively driven a larger amount of traffic to the site while people go and look for whatever it was that i was talking about. do i get any commission payments for that? :D

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 3:34 pm

cdfox7 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
cdfox7 wrote:

I said excessive.

My current partner has excessive testosterone due to a health condition (polycystic ovary syndrome). In all honesty your point is moot.

Ok fine, point taken, white knight.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 3:40 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

why do you want to debate about it? either way, we have now effectively driven a larger amount of traffic to the site while people go and look for whatever it was that i was talking about. do i get any commission payments for that? :D

non, nous sommes une association à but non lucratif ;).

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 3:45 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
cdfox7 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
cdfox7 wrote:

I said excessive.

Ok fine, point taken, white knight.

mmm...my sweet darling lover refers to me that sounds like that red sh1te :roll:
Now I do digress, so is it check mate, to the hostile takeover then? ROFL :lol:

Edit All this talk of mergers and acquisitions bring back memories of my business school studies at university now 8)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Jun 2011, 4:05 pm

If anyone has an allergy to testosterone; it's me & I like that place but I wish we had more active members. I'm curious as to where the site is being marketed as women friendly; I might of missed something

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

BenReillyUK
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Sep 2020, 11:56 am

It seems the hating posts are hating that which doesn't want them.
Not surprising really.
There is someone for everyone, I am certain of that.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2020, 11:26 pm

Just kidding around. ;)

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2020, 3:28 pm

There may be many reasons why some woman hate men (misandry) and why some men hate woman (misogyny).
Although, i would say that such behaviours are perhaps like racism.

I.E. a prejudice that is developed either from a person's experiences in culture influences, upbringing, peers etc.
I would say that any form of prejudice is unhealthy.

I would also say that in some cases, people who label people as guilty of misandry / misogymy can also at times to be the one who is showing prejudice and using such terms as a form of character assassination against their victim (who may or may not be guilty of the projected offence, to a lesser or greater degree).

I think by nature there is always a separation between each sex, by nature, as being born as one sex or the other does automatically place a person into one of two main categories (not taking into consideration the more complex other denominations of sexual identify, not to cause offence but to simplify this subject).

I think those who are born men, who identify with the sex they were born with, will be part of a great number of men who will never fully know what it is like to be a woman, and in this alone perhaps causes enough difference between the people of the other sex, to be hated.

I also wonder if sexual orientation is why some woman hate men. For example, i know of some gay woman who hate men, although i am not sure if there is much hatred for woman among men who are homosexual.

I also guess that within most cultures around the world, for many centuries if not milenia, woman have often been given a lower place in society, and this history of inequality may be what drives woman to hate men.

Yep, i figure its an identity thing, those who identify with their sex so much that they want to start wars against past oppressive behaviour subjected to millions of people who they never met.

Who knows. personally i do not hate woman or men.
I only hate people regardless of their sex, based on how a person has mistreated me in the past.

As a person with ASD, i think that it may be easy for some to harbour unhealthy thoughts about people of the opposite sex who they may have been unsuccessful with in the past, i.e. hate woman cause you cant get any love?

I would say that that also isn't a fair position to hold, as a person's lack of success with the opposite sex is often more to do with a persons own short comings rather than all members of the opposite sex who they have been unsuccessful with.

I think that such cases, which are probably more common than people would think, could have likely be avoidable with the right support service in place for people with Autism Spectrum Disorder etc. Especially if such services help the individual to be more successful with their dating adventures.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2020, 4:19 pm

My experience of man hating women and women hating men is...

Most women who hate men have been abused and take it out on all guys.

Most men who hate women either want someone to control or have been rejected.

If someone is abused, it makes sense for them to have irrational phobias. Whichever way around it is. It isn't right but it makes sense on an emotional level.

If someone is rejected: get over it. And wanting to control another person is bad.

It's like my being a cat person versus most 'dog people' I know. Most 'dog people' I know don't like that cats aren't instantly giddy and wanting attention as soon as they see them. Cats are kind of 'I don't care'. And you can't train a cat.

I'm a cat person because I've had strangers' dogs leap on me and I've had strangers' dogs chase me down the street. So I have a phobia of them. Not based on abuse, obviously animals aren't abusers, but based on aggression and being chased when I didn't want to be chased.

If a woman hates men just cos she has always been romantically rejected, that is straight up misandry and she needs to get over hating an entire gender & work on herself being a more desirable partner & lose some of her narcissism. If a woman wants to control the men in her life by physically abusing them or forcing them/manipulating them to have sex with her, someone needs to report her or if it's 'just' desire she needs to work on herself before she does damage.

If a man hates women because a woman raped him or manipulated him into sex or used to beat him up, honestly that is perfectly understandable - although not right - and he needs to get counselling and work on having healthy self esteem before he goes anywhere near women romantically. And the women he does date after that should be the gentlest of ladies (gentlewomen?) who are prepared to 'go slow' with him and take things at his own pace and realise he's going to be a bit delicate.

Reverse the genders and this is still the case. Because one is a victim. And one is just a person who's been rejected or even a person who longs to control others.

Also I find that people who are either generally straight or entirely straight have a pattern of tending towards very binary, very segregated kind of conversation about 'men this', 'women that'. A lot of what 'men are' or 'women are' is just cos you happen to be dating another gender, but if you were to date your own gender, you would experience it from your own gender because things like for eg cheating on a partner or nagging a partner or rejecting a potential partner etc are human traits/relationship traits.

It would be helpful to have entirely platonic friends of other genders or to work on being close to your family. That way you see men and women who aren't potential partners and you're close to them so you care about the gender from that pov and can't hate all of them.