Man-hating posts vs. woman-hating posts

Page 6 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Mar 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,723
Location: United States

19 Sep 2020, 9:00 am

nick007 wrote:
If anyone has an allergy to testosterone; it's me & I like that place but I wish we had more active members. I'm curious as to where the site is being marketed as women friendly; I might of missed something
We recently had a mod with a far-left political mindset. She ruled the Love and Dating forum with an iron fist for years; her word was the law, and she seemed biased against men. Did that make WP women-friendly? Well... sort of... but kindness cannot be compelled.

She was the reason I nearly abandoned WP, except for AS-specific issues, but I think she's retired now, so I'm making a return. It wasn't entirely her fault, as she was merely fulfilling Alex's agenda, but she took things to the extreme, I think. That said, I like our new mod team; they all seem politically moderate and gender-unbiased.



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,605
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Sep 2020, 10:05 am

One important thing we should keep in mind is that this is an autism forum & us autistics are well known for misreading others & having others misread us. Us autistics tend to have lots of problems with others, especially when it comes to romantic relationships. Some of us including me, use this site as a way to help us blow off steam & release frustration. When we are very frustrated & upset we say things in worse ways, more blunt & less PC & we may even say things in the heat of the moment that we normally would not say or mean. I think a lot of the man-hating & woman-hating posts were due to this. It was the case for me. I've been accused of being a misogynist before on this forum & on other sites when I was making frustrated posts about things. In reality I'm kind of a feminist. I could name a bunch of women issues I care about & support, whereas a true misogynist would never want to be associated with feminism. Being labeled as a misogynist when I knew I was not, made me more frustrated & upset which caused me to be more blunt & less PC & say more things in the heat of the moment that I normally would not say or mean.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"

~King Of The Hill


madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 20 Nov 2016
Age: 47
Gender: Male
Posts: 936
Location: Jersey UK

19 Sep 2020, 11:51 am

I think that some of the woman who hate men, are lesbians who want all the woman to themselves!....
I think such woman brainwash their girl friends to prevent them from going a stray...
Perhaps it is also what some woman have in common. Perhaps some woman never really liked heterosexual sex.
Perhaps they begrudge being speared by a man organ. I don't know?

Hard to empathise being a man and not being a woman. Although, as a heterosexual man, the idea of being penetrated anally by another man doesn't appeal to me. Do i hate men because of this fear? nope. Do i hate homosexual men? nope. but there ya go.

In this life, you get manipulative woman as well as men.

Although i have to say that i know a lot of men who are lying manipulative sociopaths. Think its just how some men are driven, to exploit who they can for self gain. Not all men are like that though. Thank goodness...



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,388
Location: Australia

19 Sep 2020, 9:23 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
If anyone has an allergy to testosterone; it's me & I like that place but I wish we had more active members. I'm curious as to where the site is being marketed as women friendly; I might of missed something
We recently had a mod with a far-left political mindset. She ruled the Love and Dating forum with an iron fist for years; her word was the law, and she seemed biased against men. Did that make WP women-friendly? Well... sort of... but kindness cannot be compelled.

She was the reason I nearly abandoned WP, except for AS-specific issues, but I think she's retired now, so I'm making a return. It wasn't entirely her fault, as she was merely fulfilling Alex's agenda, but she took things to the extreme, I think. That said, I like our new mod team; they all seem politically moderate and gender-unbiased.



Agreed.
There needs to be a diversity of political opinions. :thumright:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,




Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,388
Location: Australia

19 Sep 2020, 9:27 pm

nick007 wrote:
One important thing we should keep in mind is that this is an autism forum & us autistics are well known for misreading others & having others misread us. Us autistics tend to have lots of problems with others, especially when it comes to romantic relationships. Some of us including me, use this site as a way to help us blow off steam & release frustration. When we are very frustrated & upset we say things in worse ways, more blunt & less PC & we may even say things in the heat of the moment that we normally would not say or mean. I think a lot of the man-hating & woman-hating posts were due to this. It was the case for me. I've been accused of being a misogynist before on this forum & on other sites when I was making frustrated posts about things. In reality I'm kind of a feminist. I could name a bunch of women issues I care about & support, whereas a true misogynist would never want to be associated with feminism. Being labeled as a misogynist when I knew I was not, made me more frustrated & upset which caused me to be more blunt & less PC & say more things in the heat of the moment that I normally would not say or mean.


I can't see a thing you said that I disagree with.
but I have only read through it once. :mrgreen:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,




Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Mar 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,723
Location: United States

19 Sep 2020, 11:05 pm

Pepe wrote:
Agreed.
There needs to be a diversity of political opinions. :thumright:
I agree. I'm very glad that mod is stepping down. I look forward to the new, more male-friendly WP.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,388
Location: Australia

19 Sep 2020, 11:10 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Agreed.
There needs to be a diversity of political opinions. :thumright:
I agree. I'm very glad that mod is stepping down. I look forward to the new, more male-friendly WP.


I have no idea to whom you are referring. :scratch:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,




Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


Syd
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,280

20 Sep 2020, 8:50 am

Aspie1 wrote:
I like our new mod team; they all seem politically moderate

Their political leaning is irrelevant. Their job is to enforce the rules of the website. They're supposed to keep their personal views and their duty separate. Frankly, their political affiliations are none of our business.



Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Mar 2005
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,723
Location: United States

20 Sep 2020, 9:35 am

Pepe wrote:
I have no idea to whom you are referring. :scratch:
That's a good thing. It means you either never posted anything controversial or flew under her radar. I'd rather not mention her by name; I might get issued a warning for doing that. Although overall, Alex is more to blame than she is. His politics is far-left, I do know that. She was "just following orders", while sharing some of his beliefs.

Syd wrote:
Their political leaning is irrelevant. Their job is to enforce the rules of the website. They're supposed to keep their personal views and their duty separate. Frankly, their political affiliations are none of our business.
They shouldn't, but they do. And oftentimes, people with any kind of authority bring their political beliefs into their role.



Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,388
Location: Australia

20 Sep 2020, 8:20 pm

Syd wrote:
Aspie1 wrote:
I like our new mod team; they all seem politically moderate

Their political leaning is irrelevant. Their job is to enforce the rules of the website. They're supposed to keep their personal views and their duty separate. Frankly, their political affiliations are none of our business.


I see. :chin:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,




Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


XFilesGeek
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Age: 37
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,658
Location: The Oort Cloud

21 Sep 2020, 3:55 pm

He's talking about me.

I asked Alex what he wanted me to do about Red Pill/MGTOW/Incel crap, and he told me to delete and ban as necessary.

Unfortunately, there are some male posters who equate not being able to constantly post negative generalizations about women with being "anti-male," but, fortunately, that's no longer my problem. I'm just here to watch the world burn.


_________________
"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)


blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Nov 2017
Age: 66
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,270

21 Sep 2020, 3:59 pm

And I think you were a terrific mod.


_________________
paralysis by over-analysis


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,388
Location: Australia

21 Sep 2020, 9:36 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
He's talking about me.

I asked Alex what he wanted me to do about Red Pill/MGTOW/Incel crap, and he told me to delete and ban as necessary.

Unfortunately, there are some male posters who equate not being able to constantly post negative generalizations about women with being "anti-male," but, fortunately, that's no longer my problem. I'm just here to watch the world burn.


As do I.
I also embrace the Federation's "Prime Directive". 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,




Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)