Man-hating posts vs. woman-hating posts

Page 1 of 6 [ 93 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 8:56 am

I find it funny that some people get really worked up about the latter but applaud the former. Like TheyGoMew's rants for example. Name one guy here that she doesn't hate and I'll name a Victoria's Secret model I've fuçked.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 9:09 am

Woman-hating posts are too common. Man-hating posts, on the other hand, are refreshing like a breeze of Spring. Obviously, they are only bitter because of our lack of success on relationships. Just blame your mistakes on the opposite sex and you're free from any feelings of guilt.

Personally, since my lack of success results mostly from my lack of trying (why trying when failure is the only possible outcome?), I prefer the self-hating or self-aggrandizing ones. Egocentrism FTW. :twisted:

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 10:16 am

Magnus_Rex wrote:
Woman-hating posts are too common. Man-hating posts, on the other hand, are refreshing like a breeze of Spring. Obviously, they are only bitter because of our lack of success on relationships. Just blame your mistakes on the opposite sex and you're free from any feelings of guilt.

Personally, since my lack of success results mostly from my lack of trying (why trying when failure is the only possible outcome?), I prefer the self-hating or self-aggrandizing ones. Egocentrism FTW. :twisted:

+1

I've indulged in self-loathing to the extent that it could almost be considered narcissism... :roll:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Jun 2011, 10:23 am

It's because this site is biased against men. It's great that we have a Women's section but when a guy supports having a Man's section; he's labeled a misogynist. I've gotten PMs from more than a few women here calling me one & if you guys seen my post; I highly doubt you can make a decent argument for it. Do any of you guys really think I'm hateful towards women :?:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 10:34 am

nick007 wrote:
It's because this site is biased against men. It's great that we have a Women's section but when a guy supports having a Man's section; he's labeled a misogynist. I've gotten PMs from more than a few women here calling me one & if you guys seen my post; I highly doubt you can make a decent argument for it. Do any of you guys really think I'm hateful towards women :?:

please show me where anyone has ever called a man a misogynist for wanting a men's forum on WP. you can quote it, or a link will do fine. i'll wait here while you go and find that.
oh, right. nobody has ever said that. you are creating an enemy where there isn't one. if someone has called you a misogynist, i don't know what they found offensive (fairly or not - i have no idea), but i assure you it has nothing to do with you wanting a men's forum.

i could just as easily say that the site is biased against women because so many woman-hating threads have flourished, and people have had to fight quite hard to bring those posts down. but i don't believe it to be true - i think that it's all a matter of perspective and we can't judge an entire site based on individual posts - just like we can't judge an entire gender based on individual actions.

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 10:35 am

nick007 wrote:

Can you post a link to the thread? In the threads I've seen you in so far you seem to be a nice well-rounded individual.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 10:39 am

I have gotten more than a few PMs calling me one when I made that post in the WrongPlanet.net discussion section about wanting a Men's section

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 10:54 am

nick007 wrote:
I have gotten more than a few PMs calling me one when I made that post in the WrongPlanet.net discussion section about wanting a Men's section

i absolutely guarantee it had nothing to do with you wanting a men's forum. you may have offended someone in the way you asked or someone may have (over?)reacted to an argument you made, but i can say with total certainty that nobody would be calling you a misogynist for simply wanting the forum to exist.

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 11:04 am

Found it, http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt137683.html

I looked through it, nick007 didn't (in my opinion) say anything misogynistic in nature in that thread. Annoyed yes, misogynistic no.

Nick007, could the pm's be in relation to another thread?

I think, regardless of content being similar to the adult section or not, men should have their own space. Women have space to talk about periods, down there issues, relationship issues, being raped and other issues that women can feel uncomfortable discussing with males present.

It would be a good idea to give men a space for them to do with as they wish, just because a few people used it in ways that were deemed to be improper doesn't mean that getting rid of it was justified.

A pole relating to this: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt146377.html

Last edited by LostAlien on 15 Jun 2011, 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 11:04 am

hyperlexian wrote:
nick007 wrote:

i absolutely guarantee it had nothing to do with you wanting a men's forum. you may have offended someone in the way you asked or someone may have (over?)reacted to an argument you made, but i can say with total certainty that nobody would be calling you a misogynist for simply wanting the forum to exist.

I did not get PMs till I made that post. Some women have said that the only rezone me & others wanted the section was so we would have a place to hate on women. I think that judgmental attitude towards men is just as hateful as what they were claiming I was. I'm going to shut-up now because I really do NOT want to start any drama here.
BTW I believe most women & men on this site are very nice but however there are some members here that are giving others a bad rep & it makes this site look kind of biased sometimes. It might help if mods were more on the ball about enforcing rules here

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 11:20 am

here's the thing... WP is a privately-owned site and alex is the king. he doesn't want a men's forum for whatever reason, and he is not surveying the membership to find out what we think about it. people have argued ad nauseum and nothing is going to change based on those arguments. it's great people want to fight for what they think is fair, but alex has his own agenda for the site.

i don't think that alex hates men, so i doubt that he closed the men's forum based on his own biases. when he decided to close it he wouldn't have listened to women complaining about the EXISTENCE of a men's forum any more than he is now listening to men complain about the LACK of such a forum.

i wonder sometimes about the proportion of male vs. female members? is it possible to find out that statistic?

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 11:25 am

Just letting you know Nick007 http://www.menandautism.com/ doesn't seem to work. I clicked it to make sure it works and it didn't work, it may need to be fixed.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 11:49 am

check my signature

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 11:51 am

They are both as boring and pointless as each other.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 11:52 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
check my signature

Your link won't work either. The site must be having some problems. I don't know what's going on but it was working last night

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 12:14 pm

*shrug* Men are seen as the more powerful sex in westernized society so hating on them seems more acceptable. I don't know why. :shrug: