The wrong planet photography club.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

deadinhead
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 6:46 am

DO YOU WANT TO JOIN THIS CLUB?
All you have to do is take a photo related to the changing themes each week or two weeks...
for e.g. if I or any other member were to post saying the theme was nature and then you, if willing to participate, would take a photo/photos relating to nature and post them here.
obviously the theme would be constantly changing and may not be as general for example someone may post a photo of an unusual object the colour of green.
anyway Im getting carried away here when I dont know if anyone would want to join.SO IF YOU DO POST BELOW. :D
OH! and I almost forgot
the theme this week : water

p.s If you want to share your photos that are not related to the theme then you can use the perpetual photography thread (found in random discussion) which is a great thread :)

COCONUT-MOON TURTLE!

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 7:14 am

I have interesting photos of water. How do you post a photo here?

deadinhead
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 7:22 am

you click the little icon (square with mountain and sun) and the paste in the image url.

COCONUT-MOON TURTLE!

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 7:32 am

This is my dog Jackie, biting the waves as they crash against the rocks at the Canadian lake shore.

Um, why's it not working? My link is http://picpaste.com/IMG_0272-DildjSJ9.JPG but it won't accept it. It keeps changing it to http://wrongplanet.net/images/broken_link.gif and I don't know why.

I give up I don't know how to do this. Feel free to give me advice.

Thanks for the advice cornflake, here we go trying again:

[img][img]http://picpaste.com/extpics/IMG_0272-DildjSJ9.JPG[/img][/img]

Last edited by MollyTroubletail on 17 Jun 2011, 8:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

deadinhead
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 7:36 am

I dont know.If you had that posted elsewhere if you right click the image and find the label ''properties'' then you should see image url: then copy and paste that.

COCONUT-MOON TURTLE!

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

17 Jun 2011, 7:55 am

MollyTroubletail wrote:
Um, why's it not working?
I don't know why it's not working: it seems pretty standard - but if you copy/paste the text in the "phpBB link" box as displayed on PicPaste below your picture (click on "Show links to this picture" first) you get this:

The disadvantage is that it displays here as a thumbnail, but displays larger when clicked.
(ETA: if you then click on the picture in PicPaste you finally get the image displayed in its original resolution - massive, in this case :lol: )

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 8:00 am

Thank you cornflake! Maybe there's a way to post a pic larger than a thumbnail too. If anybody knows how, please tell me.

P.S. if you say "it's pretty standard" that makes me feel like a dummy for not getting it.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

17 Jun 2011, 8:11 am

MollyTroubletail wrote:
P.S. if you say "it's pretty standard" that makes me feel like a dummy for not getting it.
No, not at all. :lol:
I just meant that the URL you first used, along with the [img]...[/img] tags, looks like any other image posted here - except that it doesn't work for some reason...

Shameless plug: have a look at PhotoBucket. They provide a correctly formatted phpBBS link all ready to paste into your message which works fine, and it displays your image exactly as saved on PhotoBucket.

Be aware though that the WP forum software will always resize a picture if it's too large for the forum screen layout, which usually messes with the aspect ratio. It's easiest if your links point to resized pictures: 640x480, say. PhotoBucket has tools available to do this if you don't have them.