Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 4:25 pm

I was so hyped to see this film, but when the reviews came out I started to get less enthusiastic, but still went to see it anyway. In my opinion it wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. I think Green Lantern would rank along the lines of say Spider-man 3, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and Superman Returns because those films are considered bad but to me they're OK. So Green Lantern is an OK movie and I'd probably get it on DVD.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 4:46 pm

IMO for The Fantastic Four and Superman Returns the villain(s) were absolutely awful. Does Green Lantern at least offer a good villain?

Infoseeker
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jun 2011, 6:30 pm

Is it worth paying extra to see in 3d...?

Because I read in a critic review it was not made to be watched 3d; it was added after.
But did not go on to say if that it was worth watching in 3d overall or not

DNForrest
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2011, 9:33 pm

Infoseeker wrote:
Is it worth paying extra to see in 3d...?

Because I read in a critic review it was not made to be watched 3d; it was added after.
But did not go on to say if that it was worth watching in 3d overall or not

It was decent in 3D, nothing on Avatar, but certainly a lot better than previous post-production jobs I've seen (it doesn't look like a bunch of Paper Mario characters).

My biggest gripe was the soundtrack. It very much had the score of a movie in which the production company had no faith.

neerdowell
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jun 2011, 7:29 am

I saw it in 3d and it was decent. The movie was fun. I wouldn't call it great but it was fun and that is enough for me. To be fair though I like most movies I see so my opinions are not always the best