Page 2 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 10:32 pm

Fallout 3 & New Vegas are my favorite games ever.

I don't play video games a tremendous amount but those games hold my attention like none other, I've played thru each of them twice and started round 3. I've never played the old school ones, I'd love to but if nothing else my computers are so f****d that it wouldn't be worth my while to play any games on em.

SonofStorms
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jun 2011, 2:58 pm

love the Fallout series...even played the one they did for the PS2 (my least fav. tho)....didn't know that there was anything released for VB....even downloaded the pnp version but i can't get anyone to test it with me....and yes I've played Wasteland too....sadly i dont have any of the DLC for 3 or NV yet ($$ issues) but I've played each one at least 6 times already....

SirLogiC
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jun 2011, 11:37 am

I never played the fallout games (1+2) back in the day. Got them at gog.com but they are just too old and awkward to play nice now, couldn't get into them :(

I thought F3 was ok but it felt a little generic, that and the town design was horrible (big town and little town :S ). The combat was fun, if a little easy. The main story was ok. Did not really feel like F2, what I played of it.

F:NV felt like F2, it had the towns and the towns were actual hubs. You could do things at them. You got maybe some better equipment. The towns had their own theme. Playing on hardcore mode added a lot to the combat too. It was still fairly easy but no longer could you run in and slam down stim packs and survive anything. Most of the stability issues should have been patched though there may be the odd crash, nowhere near as bad at release though. Biggest problem I saw with it was it probably needed a few more months work. That and having to work with the oblivion game engine, which was built for PC and console. Being on console forces limitations on it. Navigating menus can be annoying on the PC version :(

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 7:35 am

I absolutely love Fallout!! !

My faves in order:

Fallout 2
Fallout
Fallout: New Vegas
Fallout: Tactics
Fallout 3

The game series incorporates all my favorite things... Art Deco/Googie design, 50s Americana, Cold War History, Retro-futuristic sci-fi, pop-culture satire, and gratuitous sex & violence!

PS

and you get a dog too! :D

V10L3T
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jun 2011, 6:57 am

I've only ever played New Vegas and i love it. i thought Honest Hearts DLC was ~awesome~ but dead money was lame. it would have taken 20 minutes if it wasnt for the poison clouds and speakers. the upcoming dlc sounds awesome!!

Woodsman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jun 2011, 3:21 pm

Fallout 1-3 were-and still are- the best rpg games on the market. And then comes fallout new vegas. The most glitched game I have ever seen. whats there to like? Falling through the map every few minutes? Being mauled by somthing thats about 10 levels higher than you? Hoplessly fleeing from a mob of ghouls, or better yet, being utterly desroyed by a feral ghoul reaver? I think not.

Ravenitrius
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 1:30 am

Man, I never seen these glitches you mention of in New Vegas. It also helps if you tone down the difficulty from hardest to "easiest"

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2011, 6:02 am

Ravenitrius wrote:
Man, I never seen these glitches you mention of in New Vegas. It also helps if you tone down the difficulty from hardest to "easiest"

Part of the difficulty thing goes to the fact that monsters don’t scale with the player.

Personally, I think monster scaling defeats the entire purpose of an RPG and character levels.

There should be things you can’t kill and places you can’t go until your character is very advanced…

Deathclaws and cazadores scare the crap outta me, and that’s a GREAT THING!

As for glitches, well New Vegas runs pretty great for me on PC. The only “too glitched to play” game I’ve encountered is Mass Effect. I guess it was just a toxic combination of hardware and software…

My only real beef with New Vegas is that the climax was a bit anti-climactic. Fallout 3 definitely had a better end with Liberty Prime and project purity… (Not a big fan of Broken Steel—STORIES NEED AN ENDING!).

One great thing about New Vegas is the hardcore mode/survival/crafting system. It’s a bit complicated, but it adds a lot of depth to the game.

Another great thing about New Vegas is how well it lends itself to role-play (imagine, a RPG that lets you role-play!).

I think I may try to play through New Vegas again while I have time this summer. I’ll probably do a Cowboy type again (no armor, pistols only—so much fun!). Maybe, Jack Beauregard, NCR Secret Service, illegitimate son of Tandi Aradesh and latest in a long line of Republic fixers… :twisted:

I’m holding off on DLC until they get cheap and bundled!

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 12:36 pm

^^ Yaye greetings everyone. I am very sorry to bother you all, however I believe that a happy sale has blessed Steam, and I believe Fallout New Vegas is now available for purchase for approximately £8.99, and in addition the two happy content packs are available for £2.24 each.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 2:25 pm

^^^ WooHOO!! !!

Thanks for the tip. I just got both DLC for $5.98...

That should spice my second game up nicely. :D

(I already violated one of my roleplay rules by using the cowboy repeater... but that's okay. new rule: only cowboy weapons! :twisted: )

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2011, 2:40 pm

GoonSquad wrote:
^^^ WooHOO!! !!

Thanks for the tip. I just got both DLC for $5.98...

That should spice my second game up nicely. :D

(I already violated one of my roleplay rules by using the cowboy repeater... but that's okay. new rule: only cowboy weapons! :twisted: )

^^ Yaaaye happies GoonSquad. ^^ Also, I believe that enjoy very much the happy mod named Project Nevada and wonder if you may enjoy this friend also. I am veyr sorry if you shall not enjoy this little mod. ^^ I believe I have posted a happy link for this mod below.

Link to Project Nevada Mod

Woodsman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jul 2011, 8:08 pm

HOW DARE YOU INSULT MASS EFFECT! THAT IS THE BEST GAME IN THE WORLD! story is great, characters are great and plot development is great. The only reason people hate mass effect is because kids cant listen to the story and just do the shooting parts. The shooting is only about 10% of the game. And I have never found a single glitch in that game, either? What do you mean?

Woodsman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jul 2011, 8:08 pm

and yes, IM REALLY ANGRY

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2011, 8:06 pm

Woodsman wrote:
HOW DARE YOU INSULT MASS EFFECT! THAT IS THE BEST GAME IN THE WORLD! story is great, characters are great and plot development is great. The only reason people hate mass effect is because kids cant listen to the story and just do the shooting parts. The shooting is only about 10% of the game. And I have never found a single glitch in that game, either? What do you mean?

This is madness! I love Mass Effect, and neither the in first nor second did I find any bugs or glitches.

As for Fallout, I bought Fallout 2 from GOG recently, and have only played an hour of it, but so far I think it's pretty good. I like the combat of Fallout 3 more though, but I've tried torrenting it at least 5 times and none of them ever worked, same for New Vegas, and I don't have enough money for either (and would rather buy other games first), so I can't play either of those.

But right now I'm in the mood for adventure games, so it might be awhile before I'm back in an RPG mood. :lol:

Dingo7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2011, 8:38 pm

I think its time to go play some fallout Vegas now that there is nothing to do... currently fetching cazadore eggs for the arena... i hate those things with a passion...

Dingo7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Jul 2011, 8:38 pm

I think its time to go play some fallout Vegas now that there is nothing to do... currently fetching cazadore eggs for the arena... i hate those things with a passion...