Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Fishhook
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jun 2011, 2:06 am

When and how did you find out the truth, if you ever believed?

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 3:27 am

Santa never made any logical sense to me. My parents used to say Santa was bringing me presents. But they all had tags on saying they were from aunt / uncles xyz so none were from Santa himself. My initial impression was that he was simply some sort of postman in a funny costume with a proclivity for climbing down chimneys. I then discovered my parents kept the presents "hidden" in their wardrobes so Santa was just a confusing lie.

One of my earliest memories is sitting on Santa's lap in a department store and him asking me what present I would like. I'd actually taken a fancy to one of the stores own decorations and wanted that and I got quite sulky when he wouldn't let me have it! :lol:

-froggo-
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 6:13 am

Apparently, as a two year old I was quite adament that Father Christmas would not be coming into my bedroom, since he was a strange man, and was eventually consoled by leaving a note out with instructions for my gifts to be left downstairs.

I was later convinced to allow them to be left outside my door.

I think I was 10 when I learnt the truth; my family give gifts to others and carry them in sacks, but when my sack matched the one I'd seen in the loft space I went to check it, only to discover that the sacks had been moved.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 2:56 pm

I think I was 8....I read about it on the computer. I found out that he was a guy in either turkey or England that gave presents to poor kids a couple hundred years ago.

Since I knew, I immediately told my then 4-year-old sisters :twisted: Maybe that's why they don't like me. :roll:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 3:01 pm

I was 9 when I came to the conclusion that Santa can't travel to every city in the world in 24 hours.

Noop
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Aug 2011, 3:26 pm

I read it in a book when I was 8 and I felt really empty afterwards. Felt better knowing it was actually my lovely parents paying for all my parents using their hard-earned money though.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

09 Aug 2011, 3:30 pm

Never believed in him in the first place. I had to pretend for my sister though.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 3:49 pm

I never believed in him. It was simply too impossible for a being such as santa claus to exist.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 3:55 pm

Santa is real. The easter bunny told me.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 4:01 pm

Jory wrote:

I talked to a few leprechauns that told me otherwise! :evil:

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 4:26 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
Jory wrote:

I talked to a few leprechauns that told me otherwise! :evil:

F**k leprechauns. How would they know what's real? They told me there was a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but all I found was a unicorn and a griffin. Idiots, all of them.