Page 1 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jun 2011, 10:45 am

I just read a yahoo article "http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110622/ap_on_re_us/us_hate_groups_fertile_ground" talking about how white supremacist groups are becoming popular in the Northwestern united states. I feel that you should hate someone for their actions that theyve done in life not because of the color of their skin. Just because someone is mexican doesnt always mean their an illegal immigrant! And you cant hold that against someone until theres proof that they did cross illegally. And why some people hate chinese people ill never understand. i got news for you america, everything we buy was made by the starving hands and battery acid stained skin of young children in china, and they support our lifestyle.,its the U.S and chinese governments fault for bringing down our economy, not the people, the people are innocent! I just wish people would quit judging someone by their skin. the reason why i point out these two nationalities is because their the most commmon nationalities in my opinion to imigrate to america and are the most common ones who face racism, along with people who immigrated from India. Atleast in the area i live in it may be different in other parts of the country.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 10:47 am

Racism is bad. Yes.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 11:04 am

I really don't see the point in judging someone by skin pigmentation.

Anyways, I would recommend you take the article with a grain of salt because I highly doubt white supremacist groups are anywhere as prominent or popular as your article is claiming.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 11:47 am

Yep typical sensationalism. Racism is bad, what's new?

Barrett
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Jun 2011, 3:12 pm

Is it already Black History Month, again ??

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 3:17 pm

oddly, portland, the whitest big city in America is also one of the most tolerant in the world. It also houses within its metropolitan and throughout Oregon some of the virulent white pride groups in the nation. It's a mixed bag, but for the most part, it is a friendly state with many friendly lovable people throughout.

Burzum
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 3:34 pm

Inuyasha wrote:

I am not a white supremacist or a racist but this is a ridiculous strawman of racism. It has nothing to do with skin pigmentation, that is just a coincidental marker that makes it easier to differentiate between different genetic clusters. White supremacists hate blacks/mexicans/whatever because they believe they're less intelligent and more prone to violence, among other things, not because of their skin colour.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 3:43 pm

Burzum wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:

I am not a white supremacist or a racist but this is a ridiculous strawman of racism. It has nothing to do with skin pigmentation, that is just a coincidental marker that makes it easier to differentiate between different genetic clusters. White supremacists hate blacks/mexicans/whatever because they believe they're less intelligent and more prone to violence, among other things, not because of their skin colour.

thats sort of true, the skin color is only one of several identifiers. Dress, attitude, skin color and the way they speak are markers that allow us stereotype them as stupid, criminal, didn't graduate high school, is on welfare, has 2+ baby mama's, etc. Unless they are literally animated by some crooked idealism, the average racist is just a hater, associating bad things with other skin colors or facial features.

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 3:59 pm

What really concerns me is the British Nationalist Party in the UK. They are pretty much like that and want to ship all immigrants back to where they came from. That combined with other policies makes them basically a Fascist party. And they have 2 MEPs!

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 4:03 pm

@barrett
If there is anything wrong with black culture is that it is southern culture.
Fatalism, blaming others for you problems, laziness, criminality, superstition, glorification of violence
are all southern traits. Its Just stew out of the same pot. 14 generations of blacks folks and white folks living together.
the only difference between a white southerner and a black one,
is the one of you favors your common grandfather more than the other.

Their hungry thirsty roots??

http://jakobvirgil.blogspot.com/

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 4:06 pm

Sadly, the KKK supports the troops more than most activist groups.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 4:29 pm

minervx wrote:
Sadly, the KKK supports the troops more than most activist groups.

sadly or predictably if its stupid the KKK is fer it.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 4:40 pm

MarketAndChurch wrote:
oddly, portland, the whitest big city in America is also one of the most tolerant in the world. It also houses within its metropolitan and throughout Oregon some of the virulent white pride groups in the nation. It's a mixed bag, but for the most part, it is a friendly state with many friendly lovable people throughout.

That's because it's easy to think you are tolerant and act tolerant if you don't actually have to practice tolerance and put your views to the test. For example: it would be kind of similar to me forming an opinion of Maoris or Sherpas even though there aren't enough of them around southern California to get a good assessment of what they tend to be like.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 4:56 pm

John_Browning wrote:
MarketAndChurch wrote:

That's because it's easy to think you are tolerant and act tolerant if you don't actually have to practice tolerance and put your views to the test. For example: it would be kind of similar to me forming an opinion of Maoris or Sherpas even though there aren't enough of them around southern California to get a good assessment of what they tend to be like.

I think a startling example of this bit of sociology is that eng and chang bunker

They lived in NC married white women, owned slaves and had children in the confederate army.

Barrett

23 Jun 2011, 5:41 pm

@ JakobVirgin

yada yada....... yep, white southerners are poor and stupid. Yep, all stereotypes are indeed completely meaningless except of course those against rednecks. We all live in trailers and like to eat cheez-whiz from a can on Wonderbread whilst watching NASCAR. We get it... northerners are so superior cause they live in suburbs next to strip-malls and send their kids off to safe air-conditioned schools with mostly other white kids. ooo..... such a tolerant one indeed.... lol

Oddly enough though, "Hillbillies," "Poor-Whites," and "Rednecks" are the one ethnic group that it is still completely permissable to mock and stereotype. Mabye you could make a case for model-minority Asians as well?

Yet, I don't view the constant jibes against poor-whites who are apt to be in the KKK as anything besides some trendy-contempt or false-academic-superiority. Poor-whites look about and see everything they have and their proportional representation in neer-every public organization being eroded further and further, so why not be upset? Nothing more than academic-snobs taking the piss out on some people because they can out of learned contempt.

I'm not simply bemoaning the erosion of white-male privilege, but just trying to understand why relatively uneducated whites would be disillusioned with the "Obama-Nation."

Now, I'm going out back to try and pop off birds with a 9mm pistol. Then, I might ride my ATV about the heath and cause further environmental damage. Then, I'm going to play my Larry-the-Cable-Guy cd.

JakobVirgil
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2011, 6:12 pm

Barrett wrote:
@ JakobVirgin

yada yada....... yep, white southerners are poor and stupid. Yep, all stereotypes are indeed completely meaningless except of course those against rednecks. We all live in trailers and like to eat cheez-whiz from a can on Wonderbread whilst watching NASCAR. We get it... northerners are so superior cause they live in suburbs next to strip-malls and send their kids off to safe air-conditioned schools with mostly other white kids. ooo..... such a tolerant one indeed.... lol

Oddly enough though, "Hillbillies," "Poor-Whites," and "Rednecks" are the one ethnic group that it is still completely permissable to mock and stereotype. Mabye you could make a case for model-minority Asians as well?

Yet, I don't view the constant jibes against poor-whites who are apt to be in the KKK as anything besides some trendy-contempt or false-academic-superiority. Poor-whites look about and see everything they have and their proportional representation in neer-every public organization being eroded further and further, so why not be upset? Nothing more than academic-snobs taking the piss out on some people because they can out of learned contempt.

I'm not simply bemoaning the erosion of white-male privilege, but just trying to understand why relatively uneducated whites would be disillusioned with the "Obama-Nation."

Now, I'm going out back to try and pop off birds with a 9mm pistol. Then, I might ride my ATV about the heath and cause further environmental damage. Then, I'm going to play my Larry-the-Cable-Guy cd.

sorry did I make the widdle white man crwy.
anyway I did not say that southerners were any of those things you listed.
I said they are indistinguishable from black people.
Your people never had any privileges to lose.
If we traced the families of trailer parks and meth labs all around this great country
those family trees would end up in the south and would branch less than most.
Its hard to dig your way out of ignorant squalor it take generations.
black folks are color-coded your people can blend.
Northerners are superior because they have better math scores and graduation rates.
Northerners are superior because they don't blame black folks for their own lack of talent.
The south was a snakepit of Tories during the revolution and confederacy of cretinous traitors in the civil war.
The very idea that the filthy racist back-assward south is more american than New York city
strains at credibility. Its a damn third world country down there. hardly america at all.