Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

AmazingMess
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Jun 2011, 3:50 pm

Hi, I'm 19 and in the process of self-diagnosis, but the reason I'm making this post is for my mom. I've been reading through the WP forums and I think there are a lot of people on here like her. She is also self-diagnosing for AS but she has more of the symptoms than me, including social anxiety. So, I want to help her get into talking about it with other people who can relate to her on this site, because I think it would help her a lot.
I don't want to tell too much about her because well, that's her info to give, but she's in her 50s and has two kids, me and my 10 year old brother (much fun : P), and is a single mom. She just recently started reading about Asperger's and she's been excited to find it's her box to fit in.
[ http://i871.photobucket.com/albums/ab28 ... an0002.jpg ]
So is there anyone else out there like her? Social anxiety, newly discovered aspie, single, mom, with kids, and maybe an artist? Let me know, and give some help an encouragement for my mom to get started on WP. Please and thank you. C: :cat:

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 6:33 pm

Cool picture.

It sounds like your Mother has done well for herself up to this point. I believe there are people here that she can relate to in lifestyle and there are plenty of talented artists. Tell her to look around and I think she'll discover that most people here are friendly and supportive. :)

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 4:32 am

Sounds like you're doing OK too. Hang in there.

At 19, there may be value in seeking out formal diagnosis - unless life's going smoothly for you. For your mom, it's not so clear cut, although there are positives for diagnosis, even when you're in your fifties.

AmazingMess

27 Jun 2011, 2:56 pm

Thanks for your replies (: (and for not throwing a kid out of your adult forum haha)
I'm kind of curious now to get a diagnosis, although I doubt I have the money for it at this point.