Glenn Beck & Lyndon LaRouche: What is the Connection?

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2007
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,629

30 Jun 2011, 10:57 am

Here in the PPR Section of WrongPlanet, we do have regular visits from an acolyte of Glenn Beck. As far as I know, no follower of Lyndon LaRouche has similarly blessed us with wild conspiracy theories and ludicrous claims.

I've started to notice some strong similarities between information that Glenn Beck's acolyte provides us, and a lot of the pronouncements of Lyndon LaRouche.

For example, Glenn Beck's favourite boogeyman is George Soros, the "puppet-master," whom Glenn Beck casts as the protagonist in an updated Elders of Zion. And, here:

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/archi ... dosier.pdf

is the George Soros dossier, circulated by the LaRouche Political Action Committee.

Both Lyndon LaRouche and Glenn Beck have been noted to use anti-Semitic memes.

About 30-40 years ago, members of Lyndon LaRouche's cult followed Frances Fox Piven (a specialist on urban poverty) around the country to disrupt her speaking tours, and she was nearly pushed down a flight of stairs by someone calling her a fascist and CIA agent. Now, Glenn Beck has placed this elderly Jewish woman on his list of most despicable Jews, alleging that she "sows the seeds of revolution." And, Glenn Beck's followers make open threats of violence against this elderly woman, right on Glenn Beck's website.

Lyndon LaRouche has declared that we are at the onset of hyper-inflation:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2mbpvtuCi4[/youtube]

Then, Glenn Beck follows up with similar wild, scary predictions of hyperinflation:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt156878.html

And, Glenn Beck's acolyte on WrongPlanet continues to defend to defend Mr. Beck's scary predictions, well beyond any reasonable limits of reasonableness.

It is clear that Glenn Beck has a cult-like following, as has Lyndon LaRouche.

Since Glenn Beck lifts a lot of his material directly from Lyndon LaRouche, I'm wondering what the relationship is? Does Glenn Beck simply read and regurgitate LaRouche's ideas, to save time on research? Or, is there some actual collaboration? Do some of Glenn's employees have membership in the LaRouche organization?



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 83
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,726
Location: New Jersey

30 Jun 2011, 3:03 pm

pandabear wrote:
Committee.

Both Lyndon LaRouche and Glenn Beck have been noted to use anti-Semitic memes.



Beck and LaRouche both breathe oxygen. We have them dead to rights!

ruveyn



HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 963
Location: United States

30 Jun 2011, 7:09 pm

I do not think there is a connection between them.

HOWEVER, it makes sense that Glenn Beck is one of those people gullible enough to read one source and believe it. So he might have read this somewhere and picked up on it, not knowing it might be LaRouche's writings. I believe there is a difference.


_________________
"You just like to go around rebuking people with your ravenous wolf face and snarling commentary." - Ragtime


pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2007
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,629

30 Jun 2011, 7:17 pm

Well, yes. The main difference being that Glenn Beck doesn't make weird accusations about the British royal family being involved in drug trafficking. Glenn Beck certainly weeded out this material, but there are too many other similarities to have been purely a matter of coincidence.

It looks like a fair amount of Lyndon LaRouche's conspiracy theories originated from Erich Ludendorff

http://lyndonlarouchewatch.org/larouche-british17A.htm



HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 963
Location: United States

30 Jun 2011, 7:29 pm

You made me remember something about conspiracy theories, but this needs a little background first.

There is this extremely terrible website called whale.to, which is a repository for everything whack and stupid. They have the entire text of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion with a man who said it was written by Jesuits. There is a page that says the owners of the Detroit Lions and the Pittsburgh Steelers are actually Knights of Malta.

Guess what I found. LaRouche seems to be posted there.

I think there is some liberal conspiracy behind this one. Someone has to tell them!


_________________
"You just like to go around rebuking people with your ravenous wolf face and snarling commentary." - Ragtime


Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,576
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

30 Jun 2011, 8:29 pm

I think crazy people tend to think alike.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 963
Location: United States

30 Jun 2011, 8:36 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I think crazy people tend to think alike.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


They tend to overlap.


_________________
"You just like to go around rebuking people with your ravenous wolf face and snarling commentary." - Ragtime


pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2007
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,629

30 Jun 2011, 8:37 pm

Ah yes. Aspartame (aka Nutrasweet). Since Glenn Beck is a Mormon, he won't have any beverages that contain caffeine. But, he is perfectly willing to poison himself with Aspartame.

:lol: What a moron :lol:



Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,745

02 Jul 2011, 12:02 am

pandabear, in all honesty it is more likely you are an anti-semite than Glenn Beck. The bogus anti-semitism charge was just something concocted by the lackey's of George Soros because they are afraid of Glenn Beck.

Glenn Beck has a problem with certain individuals because of their behavior not their religion or ethnic heritage.

If we followed your argument, I could accuse you of being a mormon hater, simply from your bashing Glenn Beck.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,576
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

02 Jul 2011, 12:13 am

Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear, in all honesty it is more likely you are an anti-semite than Glenn Beck. The bogus anti-semitism charge was just something concocted by the lackey's of George Soros because they are afraid of Glenn Beck.

Glenn Beck has a problem with certain individuals because of their behavior not their religion or ethnic heritage.

If we followed your argument, I could accuse you of being a mormon hater, simply from your bashing Glenn Beck.


And what's so terrible about Soros' behavior?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,745

02 Jul 2011, 12:15 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear, in all honesty it is more likely you are an anti-semite than Glenn Beck. The bogus anti-semitism charge was just something concocted by the lackey's of George Soros because they are afraid of Glenn Beck.

Glenn Beck has a problem with certain individuals because of their behavior not their religion or ethnic heritage.

If we followed your argument, I could accuse you of being a mormon hater, simply from your bashing Glenn Beck.


And what's so terrible about Soros' behavior?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Well wrecking several countries economies and causing chaos to profit from it come to mind. That includes wrecking the British currency briefly, he isn't known as the man whom broke the bank of England for nothing.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,576
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

02 Jul 2011, 12:23 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear, in all honesty it is more likely you are an anti-semite than Glenn Beck. The bogus anti-semitism charge was just something concocted by the lackey's of George Soros because they are afraid of Glenn Beck.

Glenn Beck has a problem with certain individuals because of their behavior not their religion or ethnic heritage.

If we followed your argument, I could accuse you of being a mormon hater, simply from your bashing Glenn Beck.


And what's so terrible about Soros' behavior?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Well wrecking several countries economies and causing chaos to profit from it come to mind. That includes wrecking the British currency briefly, he isn't known as the man whom broke the bank of England for nothing.


I admit, I know little about Mr. Soros and his non-political activities. Anyone here better versed than myself who can argue a counterpoint?
I do know that there are a lot of baseless conspiracy theories out there about this man, and I don't want to be snookered into believing one of them.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,745

02 Jul 2011, 12:30 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
pandabear, in all honesty it is more likely you are an anti-semite than Glenn Beck. The bogus anti-semitism charge was just something concocted by the lackey's of George Soros because they are afraid of Glenn Beck.

Glenn Beck has a problem with certain individuals because of their behavior not their religion or ethnic heritage.

If we followed your argument, I could accuse you of being a mormon hater, simply from your bashing Glenn Beck.


And what's so terrible about Soros' behavior?

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


Well wrecking several countries economies and causing chaos to profit from it come to mind. That includes wrecking the British currency briefly, he isn't known as the man whom broke the bank of England for nothing.


I admit, I know little about Mr. Soros and his non-political activities. Anyone here better versed than myself who can argue a counterpoint?
I do know that there are a lot of baseless conspiracy theories out there about this man, and I don't want to be snookered into believing one of them.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


While pandabear tried to come up with a bogus thread to claim I didn't know what I was talking about, fact of the matter is that Soros is a pretty spooky individual.

He has a habit of dumping what he owns of a certain currency and make a huge production out of it, sparking a huge panic that causes said currency's value to practically collapse, then before the currency starts to recover he buys a bunch of it dirt cheap, lets the value of the currency increase again, and then sells it again making millions if not billions.

While I don't mind people making money, I do mind people creating a crisis to profit off the resulting hardships of others.

Additionally he has a lot of ties to Obama, and top it off he has been donating money to certain "tax-exempt" organizations that suddenly decided to declare war on another media outlet in a highly partisan manner, somehow the IRS has not dropped the tax-exempt status which is extremely dishonest. If you are a tax-exempt organization you are not supposed to be engaged in partisan behavior, yet NPR (which also gets tax-money), and mediamatters are doing this.



Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Apr 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 40,576
Location: Spokane area, Washington state.

02 Jul 2011, 12:35 am

Well, if you don't like individuals profiting from deliberately wrecking businesses, then you should by all rights despise Mitt Romney, who basically was nothing more than a corporate raider prior to entering politics.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer



Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,745

02 Jul 2011, 12:37 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Well, if you don't like individuals profiting from deliberately wrecking businesses, then you should by all rights despise Mitt Romney, who basically was nothing more than a corporate raider prior to entering politics.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer


From what I understand the business was already wrecked when Mitt Romney got it, though he didn't do said business many favors. As I've said before, I think of Mitt Romney as being as sleezy as a used car salesman. Only way I'm voting for him is in the General Election and I'm praying that someone defeats Romney in the primary.