Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

oddness
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jul 2011, 5:16 pm

Do you say stupid things when you're trying to be intelligent or funny and then realise the reason people didn't understand was because you were talking nonsense. For example I often get facts wrong when I quote then to people and they usually say I though it was actually ... then I feel stupid because I realise I was talking rubbish and if I'd have thought about it for a minute or two before saying it I would never have said it or I would have said the correct fact not a wrong one.

Also do other people/NTs remember these mistakes that I make because I remember them many times a day for the following few weeks, and if they do remember them do they just think I sometimes say some odd things or do they think I'm stupid.

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 5:20 pm

I don't get things factually wrong, but I can relate to saying stupid things when you're trying to be funny, or just trying to find something to say during an awkward lull in the conversation.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2011, 7:17 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
I don't get things factually wrong, but I can relate to saying stupid things when you're trying to be funny, or just trying to find something to say during an awkward lull in the conversation.

+1

In fact, after looking through all my sent messages on OkCupid earlier today (only 4-5 attempts in 8 months), I think I understand why I only got one reply until now. My "ice-breakers" were somewhat stupid, but the real offense is that they sound too... unnatural. Like most of my conversations, now that I think about it...