i cannot keep up with full-time college/university.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jan 2005, 4:19 pm

i used to attend college full-time which students do between 5-9 a semester with tons of homework, tests etc but i could not keep up because like many colege students i did not have parents sending me money regularly and part-time jobs ar hard to get especially if you a male and everybody including the so called work study employers on campus wants experience and i have to put up with going without food and i drop subjects until i get tired of it and now I go to a different college on a part-time basis. since full-time colleges only caters for students that get money from thier parents regularly

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2005, 5:13 pm

I don't know what it's like to be in that position exactly, but I've heard of people who were in that position.

First of all, I think that you should try to do what others expect you to do, study hard.

The hardest thing for anyone to do in college is to try to have a balance between their study time, and their time to have fun. If you want to keep up your cumulative GPA, you will need to study a lot just as much as you want to have fun.

Hard work is the key to being recognized, and having other professors admire you. I hope you take this into consideration.

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2005, 5:18 pm

I've had to drop out of college twice (I took a year out and then went back) cos it was hard coping with full-time uni, with full-time workplacements and 2 kids.

I am going to try again when the kids are a little older- one of my problems with college is I have a bit of a social phobia ( slight understatement there), but I am determined to work on it.

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jan 2005, 5:52 pm

larsenjw92286 wrote:
I don't know what it's like to be in that position exactly, but I've heard of people who were in that position.

First of all, I think that you should try to do what others expect you to do, study hard.

The hardest thing for anyone to do in college is to try to have a balance between their study time, and their time to have fun. If you want to keep up your cumulative GPA, you will need to study a lot just as much as you want to have fun.

Hard work is the key to being recognized, and having other professors admire you. I hope you take this into consideration.

i am currently attending college part-time

Scoots5012
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2005, 6:48 pm

With work and classes when I was at the UW extension, the most I could handle and still get good grades was 12 credits/semester.

Now that I am in oshkosh and away from work, I think next semester will be a good test for me since I now have 16 credits on my schedule.

sephardic-male
Toucan
Toucan

16 Feb 2005, 2:23 pm

i am never gping to college full-time i leave that to kids whose parents give them money regularly and don't have to put up with anti-male descrimination and "experience required" trying to find a part-time/student job and going without food