What kind of jobs can someone with Asperger's get?

Page 6 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

smlee4
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 May 2013, 9:01 am

1000Knives wrote:
Jobs from employers who are unscrupulous and will hire and fire literally anyone.

Doesn't file taxes as he makes people pay at cost for any food they buy at his restaurant they're working in, but takes it out of their pay, thus paying all his total employees under 10K a year since they're too ignorant/tired to cook.

Selling windows at carnivals, rather convincing people to get leads. Will hire you because, f**k, why not, and fire you because you have terrible social skills and also when people say "well I have cancer and can't buy windows" and you say "Oh, OK, I understand ma'am," the boss comes and says "You should have pushed that one harder!"

Working with your father who's ashamed of you and thinks you're too clumsy to work on restaurant machines with him, and thus never calls you about working for him, but complains about how his joints all ache from working so much.

Yup, some bosses can be unreasonable and take advantage of those who don't know how to stand up for themselves.

Erm, if u are in sales, u r expected to make money for ur boss, correct? if u don't push for sales, how do u earn ur commission?

The father is indeed working very hard. Hearing his complaints is like sharing his weal and woes? He's already very old, and still has work. Just let him voice out his troubles?

smlee4
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 May 2013, 9:05 am

Gazelle wrote:
I like talking to people on the phone so I do not mind that part of a job and even though it takes some courage at first, if I make the same types of calls on a similar subject and it is done repeatedly I become quite comfortable at it.

My issues are with co-workers, bosses and politics where it can get really nasty, ugly and back stabbing, etc. My lack of non-verbal skills maybe show up in these instances. I have had my share of dealing with vicious people when I was in junior high and beyond. It is not unique to someone like me who has NVLD and possibly ASD. Even many NTs are dealt a mean blow of bullying in junior high and beyond. :x

I enjoy repeating the same things over and over again too! When something new comes up, I frown in fact. Doing the same thing is relaxing and fun :) but over the years, I'm overcoming it and welcome challenges instead...

I saw on websites that, people like me with AS tend to speak the truth to counter office politics. Office politics is so common at work. I thought mine was a good way to handle politics. I did not realise it's how AS folks generally do :)

DizzleJWizzle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2013, 3:49 am

we need our own army to deal with the nt's and their master's they live in a pyramid system.. i'll know for myself