Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 7:39 pm

ruveyn wrote:
marshall wrote:

No. I just think capitalism alone fails when there is not enough resources to go around and there becomes a huge separation between people of wealth and people who have absolutely nothing. I'm not saying places like the US or Canada are at this point right now. It is however where the philosophy of Ayn Rand eventually leads when there is a huge economic structural problem that society cannot adapt to. I'm sure you'd love for the US to become a banana republic. :roll:

Please stop with the zero sum nonsense. Capitalism, when it functions correctly cures the scarcity by creating a plenty. Henry Ford cured the shortage or scarcity of automobiles. The solution was the model-T.

ruveyn

When you have a situation where jobs are being shipped away and the real-wages are shrinking despite growing profits at the top there is a zero-sum game going on.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2011, 8:24 pm

marshall wrote:

When you have a situation where jobs are being shipped away and the real-wages are shrinking despite growing profits at the top there is a zero-sum game going on.

Repeal the minimum wage laws and some of the jobs will come back.

But that is not the solution. The solution is to promote innovations so new kinds of jobs are required to be filled.

ruveyn