Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Do you want to see Transformers in a different light?
No, it's fine as it is 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Yes, get rid of the Bay humour and make it darker! 71%  71%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 7

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 6:10 am

Dark of the Moon may still be on general release, but if the franchise was ever rebooted and taken in a whole new direction, what would you like to see happen to the Autobots and Decepticons? These are just my opinions, so here goes....

No stupid toilet humour
Make the Decepticons truly evil and not weak and faceless monsters.
Less kiddie pleasing heroics from Bumblebee (Killing Soundwave, Ravage and Laserbeak ENRAGES me)
Less shaky-cam antics and bombast.
More screen time for the Bots and Cons.
More emphasis on the old school (Bumblebee as a VW Bug, Starscream to be conniving and backstabbing)
Dinobots - appease the fans and give Grimlock and co their chance in the spotlight!

Over to you, the people :D

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 10:23 am

Personally I like the Micheal Bay movies despite their flaws. I will be honest in Dark of the Moon which I think is probably the best of the 3, there were some kringing moments like John Malkovich and that korean guy and moments that drag like when Sam, Carly and the soilders are trapped in the building before Prime comes swooping in. Revenge of the Fallen, I don't like that much, but is still watchable.

Since Micheal Bay has now left the franchise, I wouldn't mind if they carried on from Dark of the Moon. Maybe Speilberg could direct or J.J Abrams. But if it was going to be a reboot then I really wouldn't mind. But I would love to still hear Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime. He also lent his voice to Prime in the new Prime cartoon which does not co exist with the movies, so it's possible he could do it again.

Whosinabunker
Toucan
Toucan

06 Jul 2011, 10:50 am

Transformers War for Cybertron, make that into a movie (or show), 'nuff said.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 11:08 am

Whosinabunker wrote:
Transformers War for Cybertron, make that into a movie (or show), 'nuff said.

Keep em' coming :D I personally want to see a rebooted trilogy that explains the origins of the Transformers, how they began the Great War, and finally coming to Earth to continue the fight. Instead of the "boy and his car" plotline, have both Autobots and Decepticons scattered across the earth, doing their own missions and gaining new allies, so it all ties in to the never-ending battle:

For example:
The Combaticons nearly starting WW3, but have to contend with The Aerialbots.
Shockwave and his bodyguards - Blitzwing and Astrotrain - secretly begin enslaving humans.
A small infiltration Autobot unit (Prowl, Wheeljack, Inferno, Sideswipe and Sunstreaker) operating in secrecy until they join Optimus and co.
Corrupt politicians ally themselves with the Cons' in an attempt to gain more votes in power.
The Dinobots are born, but become difficult to control.

These are some of the ideas i would throw in.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2011, 3:40 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing a movie adaptation of Beast Wars. It could be set in the same universe as the bay movies and have the maximals and the predacons go through time and crash land on earth many years before the Primes and Fallen do. The animals can be a mix of CGI and real life animals and when they transform it can be kinda like that girl robot that was at college with Sam in Revenge of the Fallen.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2011, 8:14 am

Regarding the Dinobots, i know mechanical dinosaurs would look out of place amidst human-beings, but i would LOVE to see them have an almighty smackdown with The Predacons (G1 sub group) in a rebooted future franchise.

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2011, 5:22 pm

Just heard that the franchise will continue and that theres a rumour that Jason Statham will be in a possible fourth movie.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 2:05 pm

tb86 wrote:
Just heard that the franchise will continue and that theres a rumour that Jason Statham will be in a possible fourth movie.

No truth to those rumours at all, Bay shot it down straight away. Let DotM finish up at the box office and see what happens next. I think Statham would be the perfect counter-point to Shia Labeouf, provided the franchise is taken in a different direction. For example....

Autobots still work with NEST in eliminating any remaining Decepticons scattered across the Earth.
Carly and Sam have moved far far FAR away.
Mr Statham debuts as a mechanic who repairs broken down cars.
One Decepticon unit (AKA The Stunticons - including Runabout and Runamuck) have remain hidden thus far and begin running riot after 5 local thugs pair up with them, the leader of the thugs has some beef with Statham due to mounting debts.
Upon hearing about this, Statham asks Optimus, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Dino and new bot's Cliffjumper and Hot Rod to be his team for the big race.
Statham gets to have a little bit of humour, not the stupid toilet humour from Bay!
The race, however, is all a cover-up by the Stunticons who are working for new Decepticon leader Thunderwing, who is intent on avenging Megatron.

Any thoughts?

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2011, 3:46 pm

Not that I’ve ever given much of a crap about Transformers, but anything that refuses to acknowledge the existence of Michael Bay is fine with me.

pete413
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Sep 2018, 1:55 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
Dark of the Moon may still be on general release, but if the franchise was ever rebooted and taken in a whole new direction, what would you like to see happen to the Autobots and Decepticons? These are just my opinions, so here goes....

No stupid toilet humour
Make the Decepticons truly evil and not weak and faceless monsters.
Less kiddie pleasing heroics from Bumblebee (Killing Soundwave, Ravage and Laserbeak ENRAGES me)
Less shaky-cam antics and bombast.
More screen time for the Bots and Cons.
More emphasis on the old school (Bumblebee as a VW Bug, Starscream to be conniving and backstabbing)
Dinobots - appease the fans and give Grimlock and co their chance in the spotlight!

Over to you, the people :D

Personally, I like your suggestions, but that is not how Hollywood sells tickets.
No toilet humor? no kiddie pleasing? only sell to older fans, who more shrewdly watch their money?

LOL.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 2:31 pm

I'm actually looking forward to the Bumblebee spin-off, but if another director could make a Transformers movie more entertaining than Michael Bay's stuff, IMO, Roland Emmerich could direct or Spielberg or JJ Abrams or even Ron Howard.

(I might be in the minority on this, but I actually liked Solo: A Star Wars Story. It was not a masterpiece mind you, but fun enough nonetheless.)