Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Fragmental
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 Aug 2006, 3:52 am

Hello - I am new here, and by here I refer not only to this forum, but to the whole concept of Asperger's as well. I was told some time ago (about a year ago I believe) that I have AS, but have always operated under the mindset that the label was ultimately useless as it offered nothing in the way of a solution to any of my problems. At the time I was in desperate need of solutions, and had a surplus of labels. Hence, I chose to ignore my doctor's advice on educating myself about this condition. However, the more I learn about it the more it seems to reflect the majority of my personality. I hold no grand hopes of major personality reform through idle conversation (my experience in that area has been fruitless at best). I do, however, believe that interacting with and/or observing like-minded people may help me gain insight into aspects of my own personality.

I hope at least some of that made sense. Over the years I've learned to talk mostly normal, but for some reason my written words seem to come out largely devoid of...well, life I suppose.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2006, 7:42 am

Hi!

Welcome to Wrongplanet!

I'm glad you joined this forum and you know a lot about AS as well.

I hope you enjoy posting here!