Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 8:10 pm

ruveyn wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Forget universal healthcare, how about universal conquest as a party goal? Would you vote for someone who desires to develop an active and self sufficient space industry and expand ever outward?

Conquest of what?

ruveyn

The uninhabited planets, planetoids, satellites, and volume of this solar system (and those of any other star systems within reach of nuclear pulse propulsion once it is legally able to be developed, which will probably not be the case until ships are constructed in space.)

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 8:12 pm

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Forget universal healthcare, how about universal conquest as a party goal? Would you vote for someone who desires to develop an active and self sufficient space industry and expand ever outward?

Conquest of what?

ruveyn

The uninhabited planets, planetoids, satellites, and volume of this solar system (and those of any other star systems within reach of nuclear pulse propulsion once it is legally able to be developed, which will probably not be the case until ships are constructed in space.)

Yoda says do not your breath hold until nuclear propulsion we have else blue turn you will. You will not see (nor I) nor your great grandchildren.

ruveyn

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2011, 8:20 pm

ruveyn wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
iamnotaparakeet wrote:

Conquest of what?

ruveyn

Yoda says do not your breath hold until nuclear propulsion we have else blue turn you will. You will not see (nor I) nor your great grandchildren.

ruveyn

Perhaps not, but there's still a lot which can be done within this solar system even without nuclear propulsion. As for the age issue, I am hopeful that telomerase gene activators may allow myself and my wife to live long enough to see some of the colonization of this solar system. Everything is a hope though, and I suppose more seriously things currently look more like crap than like diamonds, for now, but I hope that the current situation will not remain so bad indefinitely.