Hope Social Security isn't messed up!

Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 11:59 pm

jojobean wrote:
Well now they have a plan...at the last minute shove a budget through legilation that is going to cut SSI and services for the most vunerable. Given what little time is avaiable Obama has no choice but to sign it....or face default. And I thought they were morons...ohh silly me...they are parasidic.

Anyway, I dont think that we will default...but SSI will be cut considerably. It is nothing but a government run ponzi scheme.

Or if Obama has the balls I had believed he had, he'd just raise the dept ceiling himself, as the 14th amendment allows him to do.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

28 Jul 2011, 1:42 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
jojobean wrote:
Well now they have a plan...at the last minute shove a budget through legilation that is going to cut SSI and services for the most vunerable. Given what little time is avaiable Obama has no choice but to sign it....or face default. And I thought they were morons...ohh silly me...they are parasidic.

Anyway, I dont think that we will default...but SSI will be cut considerably. It is nothing but a government run ponzi scheme.

Or if Obama has the balls I had believed he had, he'd just raise the dept ceiling himself, as the 14th amendment allows him to do.

That would be nice. But it was him who set the budget date to be resolved on Aug 2...one day before SSI checks go out. It would be nice if he raised the debt ceiling and vetod the current budget proposal...but I dont think he is going to do that. I keep saying...one party acting like two WWF style,
This only proves my point.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 6:13 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

I'd imagine no one internationally would ever trust America with money, again.

Before they cut us off they will insist on higher interest payments.

Our creditors will increase their profits and Americans will pay them.

ruveyn

oldmantime
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 11:30 am

the real solution is not to either raise or not raise the debt ceiling. this contains my basic idea....

Neither the repubs nor the Dems have the solution to this debt problem we face. Raising the limit will only make those social security checks worthless. Not raising it may make it to where they don't go out at all. Either path could possibly lead to not only a detriment to our economy, but perhaps even civil unrest.

Obama does have the power to force us to pay the debts we've taken on per the 14th amendment. If you want to change that, and I think you should honestly, you'll have to change the amendment itself.

What we need to do is add to that 4th section of that amendment the words "except for those debts created through trickery or any other type of criminal behavior" or something along those lines.

After that we need to declare much of this debt fraudulently created as it was created through fraud. Fractional reserve lending on its own is fraud by means of the bank acting as though it has more money than it does, and then you add on top of that the rather predatory scheme of raising prices on things to the point where people have to go into debt to buy them and this whole banking system comes to look quite predatory.

What happened was they raised the prices through BS and speculation, then made it to where people could get into debt to "afford" the new higher prices, even though they really couldn't afford the debt at all, then they used this "income" to "vertically integrate" their businesses to create these "too big to fails". When they created these "too big to fails" they knew damn well we'd be dependent on them and therefore have to prop them up to keep our economy from crashing. Ergo, what actually happened was the bankers increased prices, deceptively "increased" people’s ability to go into debt to pay those prices, used this money to consolidate their power into huge entities that we thus became dependent on, and then decided that they should fleece us by using these monstrosities to threaten our economy knowing they would fail and put us all in a weak position. They knew that these lending institutions would fail and they knew that they'd get paid hordes by simply using this as a method to extort money from the American people.

This has created price inflation without wage inflation, which is a perfect recipe for a depression.

Ergo what they have done is treason, as it has led our country to the brink of and potentially to destruction/implosion, and it is also fraud, and extortion.

Ergo, the way to fix this is to put the usurers/Wall-Streeters in jail, declare the debts to usurers null and void but still pay the debts to all other types of non wall-street businesses and individuals, and change the 16th amendment to where the banks no longer have the power over our money supply. We need to return the power to print money to our government and limit it with a constitutional amendment in order to prevent destructive levels of inflation.

We should also consider changing the tax code and push the idea of lowering taxes hard. Right now my mom pays about a third of her paycheck every month to taxes. If she had that money she would be in a lot better financial condition and could invest in our economy. I am betting that many others are the same way.

This is not only the best strategy to improve our economy (we might have to add tariffs and whatnot into that too though), but it is also the best strategy for your side to win.

Both sides have been distracted from the real issue, dem and repub that is. The real issue is that much of this debt is debt that we truly do NOT owe. On top of that, if we were not paying interest to these usurers we would have an extra 500 to 700 billion a year to put towards things we need and not the pockets of usurers.

Taking back the power to print our own money also prevents the credit agencies from having any say or power over our finances. We will have to limit the printing capacity with a balanced budget amendment to the constitution that allows no borrowing by the government, otherwise the credit agencies gain control and so do the banks, and by limiting the amount that can be printed, otherwise the money becomes worthless.

We also need to make the tax code less of a mess.

people who don't make money don't pay taxes. if you want to increase revenue then you have to increase the general wealth of the people. There is much more to this problem that simply whether nor not the checks go out. many of us would have jobs if we merely had the right opportunities for example.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 1:08 pm

This is horrible. My in laws are in SSI and they are going to suffer too. In fact that may even effect us. Time for me to be obsessed with money again a lot more and gotta tell my husband this. Maybe cut entertainment.

I only hope this won't happen.

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 2:57 pm

You can get a good idea of what happens to a country when it defaults on its debts by looking at Argentina. Argentina defaulted and the country immediately went down the drain. Crime became the only method of making a living, so even smart people become criminals. All education became worthless-the students there spend more time cutting each other to ribbons (and their teachers, too) than doing anything resembling learning. 50% of Argentina doesn't have enough food to sustain basic needs. http://www.themodernsurvivalist.com/ this guy is from Argentina and lived it, read his book.

nikki15
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2011, 11:45 pm

I just wish these stupid politicians would just grow up and DO THEIR JOBS!! !! !

Man!! !! I don't think I've ever been so mad or scared in my life. Not just for me, but for everyone who relies on SS payments. How did these idiots ever get elected? I really need my check, now more than ever because I have to pay my own tuition for the first time ever among other bills. And I wish the idiots in Washington would just COMPROMISE and come up with a deal before it's too late.

:cry:
It's like they want to screw us into the ground.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 12:18 am

^^^^^^^^
"Compromise" in federal budget terms means BS'ing numbers to cover up more spending. We have done that so long they exhausted that option. We must have a solution that drives down the deficit even if it means austerity measures.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

David23
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jul 2011, 12:55 am

I am ashamed that the people representing our country are so engrossed in fighting like 2 year old babies, they would rather plunge the world into ruin, rather than agree on anything... This is what we've become.

BTW I'd much rather vote an Aspie for president, than one of the moron NTs who rule us now. We would so run this country better. 8)

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 7:12 am

David23 wrote:
I am ashamed that the people representing our country are so engrossed in fighting like 2 year old babies, they would rather plunge the world into ruin, rather than agree on anything... This is what we've become.

BTW I'd much rather vote an Aspie for president, than one of the moron NTs who rule us now. We would so run this country better. 8)

relax. The checks will be issued on time in the month of September.

ruveyn

David23
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jul 2011, 10:15 am

ruveyn wrote:
David23 wrote:

ruveyn

Oh I'm not talking about just the checks, I'm going for the WHOLE ENCHILADA. :D

My Tweets sometimes get out of hand... Disregard any offensive ones... It's all in good fun/ludicrousness ;)

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 10:46 am

David23 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
David23 wrote:

ruveyn

Oh I'm not talking about just the checks, I'm going for the WHOLE ENCHILADA. :D

The WHOLE ENCHILADA is bound to go broke around 2030 no matter what. Our population is aging and the demographics will make it impossible to sustain Social Security as we know it.

ruveyn

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 2:55 pm

John_Browning wrote:
^^^^^^^^
"Compromise" in federal budget terms means BS'ing numbers to cover up more spending. We have done that so long they exhausted that option. We must have a solution that drives down the deficit even if it means austerity measures.

Austerity measure don't work, and are in fact failing in other countries that are implementing them now.

The concentration of wealth needs to be recycled. We clearly have a demand problem right now, not a supply problem.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 6:43 pm

ruveyn wrote:
David23 wrote:

ruveyn

So no one is getting their SSI checks in August?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 7:25 pm

I just can't believe some members of congress would risk defaulting on loans just to prove a point. This is crazy!

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

31 Jul 2011, 7:34 pm

actually if things go through...the Senate is supposed to vote on a bill early tomrrow by Harry Reid that actually got through the house and is hopefully going to be on Obama's desk by Monday night....hours before the deadline.
They seem optisistic about it though. It is a trillion dollars in cuts and trillion dollar debt level increase.

This could have been adverted if we went back to Clinton tax rates, but big corperations dont want to pay taxes and want tax loopholes for their corperate jets and crap like that. We have the lowest amount of taxes coming in per income amount in the history of the US, we also have the largest debt in the history of the US. Seems like a dirrect correlation to me.