Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 7:06 am

nikki15 wrote:
Everyone complains. And it's fine as long as you eventually do something to fix your problem.

I only have issues with people who whine and whine and never do anything about it.

^^THIS^^

If there is a problem complain about it by all means. But then go try to find a way to fix it.

If it doesn't work, complain about it (we all need to let out our frustration after all) but then go try another way.

If you're not willing to make an effort to fix it, don't complain about it. Just ignore it and be quiet.

There is a mug in a shop that I walk past every day, based on the ever present "Keep Calm & Carry On" - it says "Shut Up & Deal With It".
I think I'm going to buy it and use it at work. There are lots of people here that could use that message being reinforced (me included, sometimes!).

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 7:09 am

nick007 wrote:
I am often accused of complaining when I try to express an opinion, ask a questions, offer a suggestion ect

I get this quite a lot, too. I don't know why.

I mean, of course I complain sometimes.

But often when I am accused of complaining, I am actually not complaining - I just want to understand things better.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 7:20 am

NTs and Aspies complain about different things.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

15 Jul 2011, 10:36 am

Complaining has nothing to do with whether you're NT or Aspie. The amount of complaining you see is done on an individual basis.

Ellytoad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Jul 2011, 10:49 am

No, I'm usually the one who complains or talks distressingly about things that are uncomfortable to me but not bothersome to my mom. I can feel a single degree of difference in the air temperature inside the house, which means that I can tell instantly whether she tampered with the thermostat. And she quickly knows it... heh.

On her part, you should see her in the car when someone else flubs on the road, calling them names and generally making things unpleasant for me. They can't hear her, but she claims that it just makes things easier on her to let out steam. I think we have different priorities on what bothers us.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 12:04 pm

I was always told (by most people I have ever known) that I moan about everything. All the teachers and kids used to get onto me in school to ''stop complaining!'' I always wondered if it was an Aspie thing to complain a lot, but it looks like I'm wrong.

But I suppose there is no accurate answer to these little things, because probably next week I'd probably find a thread saying ''do you think Aspies complain a lot?''

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Jul 2011, 12:44 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I was always told (by most people I have ever known) that I moan about everything. All the teachers and kids used to get onto me in school to ''stop complaining!'' I always wondered if it was an Aspie thing to complain a lot, but it looks like I'm wrong.

But I suppose there is no accurate answer to these little things, because probably next week I'd probably find a thread saying ''do you think Aspies complain a lot?''

It may be that NTs misinterpret what we say or the way we say things

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 3:40 pm

Quote:
It may be that NTs misinterpret what we say or the way we say things

It might well be. I used to get very upset, because the only reason why I did complain a lot was because I got worried about things a lot, and it was my way of expressing how I was feeling.

Buck-oh
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Jul 2011, 5:56 am

Argentina wrote:
The worst thing is him telling me my feelings are not justified. Regardless of whether I complain a lot or not, everyone should have a right to the way they feel. And when I calmly explain to him my feelings and get told they are not justified, it is very painful.

Trying to apply "logic" to feelings is simply a way of tuning you out, and that is a big problem. He needs to respect your feelings about the situation, you need to respect his feelings about the situation, and then you both need to have a discussion about how to resolve the issue.