Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Arak-Nafein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jul 2011, 9:42 am

Does anyone else have this problem?

Any time I see an eye on TV, or look into someones eyes, or even really think about my eyes....they begin to water up. As I'm typing this my eyes are starting to irritate me......because I'm thinking about them. Even the mere mention of "eyes" in a discussion gets the waterworks starting. It's not crying, there are no tears.

If I get a piece of debris or ANYTHING in my eyes it drives me absolutely nuts. Like flailing around, stomping, pitching a fit, yelling, crazy, nuts. Even so much as getting an eyelash in my eye makes me extremely irritated.

I tried a contact once. (Only one eye, Amblyopia) & no-thank-you. Never again will I torment myself with putting something willingly into my eye. It didn't help anyways. No depth-perception for me!

Once, a friend "tricked me" into using those "ice drops" eye drops. (He was unaware of my sensitivity) I couldn't open my eyes for like 15 minutes.

I also have some mild sensitivity to light......but I'm wondering about the watering/irritated eyes thing.

Now my eyes are all watery & red from typing this out. :oops:

NUJV
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jul 2011, 9:47 am

YES. I thought I was alone. That made my eyes feel all tired and funny. Whenever I think about melting wax or oil, my eyes water too. I'm quite sensitive to light but my eyes are just generally sensitive to strain. I'm short-sighted as well, and wear glasses (contact lenses are too much bother as I can never get them in right and they feel strange when they're in.)

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 10:05 am

yes same here-also when I see eyes on tv or someone looks me in the eye my bottom lip quivers too.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

15 Jul 2011, 10:09 am

Only when I sing along with my iPod to block out more noise...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2011, 11:58 am

i have "weak" eyes in that i cannot handle bright light, i must always wear dark glasses around lights and at all times outdoors, 'cept for evening/night. in terms of sensitivity to foreign objects, i've gotten into the habit of putting lubricant eye drops in my eyes before i go bicycling, because if a bug or bit of dirt gets in my eyes, i have been known to peddle with one-eye closed all the way back home to the sink for eyewash- the lubricant eyedrops seems to help my eyes resist bugs and such better, IOW instead of getting stuck under my eyelids, the lubricant enables my eyes to naturally flush the bug away with blinking.

Arak-Nafein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jul 2011, 1:10 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i have "weak" eyes in that i cannot handle bright light, i must always wear dark glasses around lights and at all times outdoors, 'cept for evening/night. in terms of sensitivity to foreign objects, i've gotten into the habit of putting lubricant eye drops in my eyes before i go bicycling, because if a bug or bit of dirt gets in my eyes, i have been known to peddle with one-eye closed all the way back home to the sink for eyewash- the lubricant eyedrops seems to help my eyes resist bugs and such better, IOW instead of getting stuck under my eyelids, the lubricant enables my eyes to naturally flush the bug away with blinking.

Argh, just reading about bugs & eyedrops has gotten my eyes puffy, red & watery.. Just putting in eye drops makes my eyes bloodshot.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

15 Jul 2011, 1:13 pm

Arak-Nafein wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Argh, just reading about bugs & eyedrops has gotten my eyes puffy, red & watery.. Just putting in eye drops makes my eyes bloodshot.

Eyedrops are a huge relief to me :lol:

Arak-Nafein
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Jul 2011, 1:18 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Arak-Nafein wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Eyedrops are a huge relief to me :lol:

I've tried many brands & I've only found 2 that work for me.

Clear Eyes Redness Relief/Maximum Redness Relief

and

Those Ice Drops things I mentioned before.

The "Clear Eyes" takes like 20 minutes before they take effect (Due to the irritation caused by putting them in my eyes, even then it only helps the redness & some of the irritation. They still water up & debris still hurts like hell.) & the ice drops burn like hell for 15-20 minutes. I will NEVER put that Ice Drops crap in my eyes again. it felt like menthol-burn on my eyes. It was one of the worst experiences in recent that I can remember. They did work, tho.

I shouldn't have made this thread.....it looks like I've been crying my eyes are so FUBAR'd now.

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2011, 10:57 pm

WOW my eyes always hurt me almost everyday, I hate bright light, and I cannot wear contacts!