My girlfriend thinks she might be pregnant?

Page 5 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

ChrispyBiscuits
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2011, 7:18 am

It feels like its been weeks now, im trying to ignore her texts but its becoming harder to not reply, im unsure what I should do, part of me wants to go back to her, but I shouldn't.. I really want thing to be the way they used to, we were so happy together but now everything is f***ed up..

Outside of jacks town we both board at the same school, but I attend a different school during the day. The reason I do this is because my parents were moving out and they would only trust me staying at a boarding house, all my friends went to a public school, so I boarded at this private school and attended the public school during the day, its a better school anyways, and its free.

I could completely avoid her by moving out of the boarding house and into my sisters house who recently moved near my school, I could do it so easily but im unsure what I should do... I wish I knew exactly what is going through her head... :'( I dont want to leave her...

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 8:38 am

Edited --- just read back a page, had not realised there had been an update explaining this 'Jack' individual.
In that case, I tend to agree that ignoring her texts is the best option.

Last edited by Graelwyn on 19 Jul 2011, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trigas
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 8:50 am

Graelwyn wrote:
Why are you ignoring her texts?
If you still like her, why are you not replying and attempting to fix this situation?
You will find situations in every relationship where you hit a problem, and maybe things seem like they have crashed down around you, but you have to learn to overcome these things by communicating.
If she is texting you, she obviously still cares, and wants to fix things, and to me it suggests that her original text, saying that you were over, was a 'heat of the moment' thing, done out of perhaps confusion or upset.

Maybe you should reply to her, and then you might find out why she said you were over, and why she reacted as she did (if she hasn't told you already), and there is no reason things cannot return to how they were, indeed, you might find sorting it out makes the relationship stronger than before.

shouldn't be his problem to "fix" imo

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 8:56 am

Trigas wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
Why are you ignoring her texts?
If you still like her, why are you not replying and attempting to fix this situation?
You will find situations in every relationship where you hit a problem, and maybe things seem like they have crashed down around you, but you have to learn to overcome these things by communicating.
If she is texting you, she obviously still cares, and wants to fix things, and to me it suggests that her original text, saying that you were over, was a 'heat of the moment' thing, done out of perhaps confusion or upset.

Maybe you should reply to her, and then you might find out why she said you were over, and why she reacted as she did (if she hasn't told you already), and there is no reason things cannot return to how they were, indeed, you might find sorting it out makes the relationship stronger than before.

shouldn't be his problem to "fix" imo

They should, imo, be trying to fix it together.
And since she texted him, she seemingly wishes to attempt to fix things between them, so to speak.
Since they are both responsible for having the pregnancy scare, since both engaged in sexual activity, then both are equally responsible for hitting that original issue. But that is merely my opinion on the matter.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 8:58 am

ChrispyBiscuits wrote:
It feels like its been weeks now, im trying to ignore her texts but its becoming harder to not reply, im unsure what I should do, part of me wants to go back to her, but I shouldn't.. I really want thing to be the way they used to, we were so happy together but now everything is f***ed up...

Tough it out, man. You deserve better than some two-timing bint who will lay herself out for any man-jack with a smooth story and a few quid to burn.

If she really loved you, then you would still be her one-and-only. Instead, you are obviously her second choice - a convenient stand-in for whenever Jack is out of town.

You deserve better.

Trigas
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 9:00 am

Fnord wrote:
ChrispyBiscuits wrote:
It feels like its been weeks now, im trying to ignore her texts but its becoming harder to not reply, im unsure what I should do, part of me wants to go back to her, but I shouldn't.. I really want thing to be the way they used to, we were so happy together but now everything is f***ed up...

Tough it out, man. You deserve better than some two-timing bint who will lay herself out for any man-jack with a smooth story and a few quid to burn.

If she really loved you, then you would still be her one-and-only. Instead, you are obviously her second choice - a convenient stand-in for whenever Jack is out of town.

You deserve better.

this ^

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 9:06 am

I made the error of not reading back a page, and missing the OPs last post.
I had not realised that she had been with another guy, in which case, I tend to agree that her texts should either be ignored entirely, or responded to with the simple statement that you do not wish to have further contact with her.

ChrispyBiscuits
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2011, 9:13 am

I wish things were different...

Trigas
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 9:16 am

ChrispyBiscuits wrote:

Unfortunately your not the only one sir :(

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 9:18 am

ChrispyBiscuits wrote:

There will be other girls who'll want you first.
Not just when some other guy isn't around.
Forget her.

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 11:06 am

Fnord wrote:
ChrispyBiscuits wrote:

You deserve better.

Much as I don't like Fnord's attitude toward women, I do agree with him here. I think the OP can do much better and find someone who isn't messing with him. I agree he should hang tough and continue not to communicate with her and focus on himself right now, and when the time is right he can form a better relationship with someone who is less into playing games.

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

ChrispyBiscuits
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2011, 12:15 pm

If she wants to do this, then fine, its over, im done with her.

Unless she decides that she wants me and just me, tell of everything that was going on and is going on between her and jack, not lie to me and stop being manipulated by jack... or stop talking to him forever... then I would be willing to try things again.. and only then.

thank you all for being very kind and helpful to me, It is really appreciated.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 1:26 pm

Trigas wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ChrispyBiscuits wrote:

You deserve better.

this ^

actually, i also agree. Fnord and i don't see eye-to-eye on humanity in general, but about this one girl... well, she is trouble and not worth any of it.

Northeastern292
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 3:50 pm

ChrispyBiscuits wrote:
The reasons get deeper than that, theres this other guy called jack, he loves her and she promised that she would not date anyone while she was away from him, attending school elsewhere, although, she did decide to date me and break it with jack, then during the holidays we went to jacks town and spent alot of time together, then I finally met jack. My ex girlfriend then tells me that she once masterbated infront of jack but regreted it. The fact that she did that, and the fact that I know that she would obviously still has some feelings for jack and that he loves her, made meeting him very akward to my mind, but he seemed to be an alright guy, but I could tell what kind of a person he was, he is a manipulative fake prick, I saw through his guise...

anyways, he said he was leaving forever to england, never to come again one friday, on that day I was leaving to go visit my family long way east, while im there, she says she might be pregnant over a text and alot of things, from reading inbetween the lines I could tell she was with jack, they lied to me, jack did not leave friday, he wasn't leaving for another two weeks, now they are both in jacks town, for two weeks without me, and she just breaks up with me. She does say although, that she would love to go out with me in the future, I just cut out all my comunication with her at that point, and changed our relationship on facebook ect ect.

Im not going to go out with her, I feel that my trust had been completely betrayed, betrayed to the ground, then she basicly asks if we could go out in the future? after jack leaves forever? I dont think so, I think thats selfish that she thinks she can get things the way she wants, thats not on, thats not commitment, when you have a boyfriend, you owe him some commitment, breaking up with him to play with some guy then getting back together is a cheap little shortcut and I dont think thats very fair, its very selfish as it satifies whatever her emotion and romantic needs are, but kills me inside, then try to act like it never happened. NO THAT IS NOT OKAY.

sorry, felt like I had to vent a little.

Dang, I feel as if I have been in your exact shoes. My ex, when she broke up with me had this to say via Facebook chat:

Quote:
well um the bridge was crossed twice already of doing things. okay i will just tell you, because if you want to be any type of friend to me again, you need to know this. first of all, a week and a half after we broke up, i made out with a friend, and did some other things over the span of three days. and last week, i kissed another guy, and went out to a party and drank with friends last weekend.

In essence, my ex was flat out lying to me our entire relationship.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2011, 5:51 pm

Northeastern292 wrote:
Dang, I feel as if I have been in your exact shoes. My ex, when she broke up with me had this to say via Facebook chat:

Quote:
well um the bridge was crossed twice already of doing things. okay i will just tell you, because if you want to be any type of friend to me again, you need to know this. first of all, a week and a half after we broke up, i made out with a friend, and did some other things over the span of three days. and last week, i kissed another guy, and went out to a party and drank with friends last weekend.

In essence, my ex was flat out lying to me our entire relationship.

this email only includes things that she did after you two broke up, so it's not an example of her lying to you during the relationship. did she lie about things during your relationship or cheat on you?