Autism magazine- Tracker, they take article submissions

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 2:56 pm

Here's a magazine I subscribe to that people might find interesting.

http://www.autismdigest.com/

It's all about helping, not eradicating. Temple Grandin is a regular columnist and they showcase a book by a woman with Aspergers who has written a parenting guide- that brings the total of parenting guides written by people who actually have Aspergers up to 2, counting Tracker's.

Note to Tracker: they take article submissions so this would be a good place to widen your audience.

Tracker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 10:55 pm

I dunno, I am not much of an article guy. That is probably more in the realm for Callista.

Although, when I finally finish editing my book, I will see if I can get it reviewed there.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 11:09 pm

Tracker wrote:
I dunno, I am not much of an article guy. That is probably more in the realm for Callista.

Although, when I finally finish editing my book, I will see if I can get it reviewed there.

Why not try, anyway, if you can come up with the time? Pull out a chapter of the book as a short. You've got a pile of moms here eager to see you reap rewards for your stellar efforts, and getting published would be a nice start ;)

Wreck-Gar
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2011, 11:20 pm

Tracker wrote:

Tracker, I just finished reading your book. I think you should try to get it published--or at the very least self-publish with a Kindle edition or something like that.

Tracker
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 1:24 am

Thanks, but the current version of the book isn't quite of publishing quality. That's why I am working on an updated version that will hopefully fix the problems.

Although if you want to see me reap rewards for my stellar efforts, I do have a donate button on my website :P Given my current job hunting results and diminishing funds, I certainly wont turn you down.

Wreck-Gar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 2:23 am

Tracker wrote:
Thanks, but the current version of the book isn't quite of publishing quality. That's why I am working on an updated version that will hopefully fix the problems.

Although if you want to see me reap rewards for my stellar efforts, I do have a donate button on my website :P Given my current job hunting results and diminishing funds, I certainly wont turn you down.

Done.

I read what you said on your donation page, personally I think you would be able to reach more people if you self-published via the ebook route. I think that as it is your book is kind of difficult to find. If I was not a member of this board I never would have read it. And if you self-publish you can chose the price, it doesn't have to be expensive. You an even still leave the free version up if you want.

Traditinal publishing is a total pain, you have to go about finding an agent, etc (I can give you more information on this as I am in the process of trying to get a novel published.)