I saw the most amazing thing a couple days ago

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jul 2011, 11:19 pm

A couple of days ago i was going to a usual doctors appointment with my psychiatrist. While i was sitting in the waiting room a 19 yr old boy walked in and sat down, he was attended by a nurses aid of some sort, it was one of those people who attend autistic people when they go to appointments, as soon as he sat down she moved across the room, and when he went to sit downn next to her she said "oh No, you sit over there, your fine there" because she wanted nothing to do with him, i felt so bad for the poor kid but never said anything. then a severely autistic 16 yr old boy came in unattended by his mother, and he was having a typical autistic fit, yelling loudly random things, making noises, stomping etc, and the woman at the desk was giving him horrible nasty looks and acting like A total Bi#@ch like the 19 yr olds aid. then, then the severely autistic boy burst into laughter, and when the 19 yr old boy asked why he was laughing, a young child spoke up and said in disgust, "hes autistic" . and then, An amazing thing happened, the 19 yr old boy stood up and looked us all in the eye, and said, "there is nothing wrong with Autism, im Adhd, ocd, and i have an anxiety disorder, i am who i am and i have nothing to be ashamed of". before that boy left he shook hands with everyone in the room, and said nice meeting all of you have a wondeful day. i admired him greatly, and i only hope that in a situation like that ill have a strong spirit like his to do the same

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 11:38 pm

Good for the boy for sticking up for himself. That really made my day. I have the same attitude that he does. :D

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 11:41 pm

I take my hat off to this individual (if i were wearing one that is) :salut:

Last edited by Titangeek on 25 Jul 2011, 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 12:38 am

Double-post :shameonyou:

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

fallen_angel
Raven
Raven

25 Jul 2011, 12:39 am

Oh thanks for sharing, that made my day as well. But I wouldn't call a 19 year old guy boy, he's a young man for me. That was really amazing what he did and he should encourage us to speak up for others as well. I'm glad to hear he inspired you :)

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 1:50 am

That sounds cool.

If I were in a situation where I didn't know anyone, I might be inclined to stand up for HFA.

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jul 2011, 6:00 pm

gailryder17 wrote:
Double-post :shameonyou:

yeah haha i just wanted the younger ones to see this as well. ill remember this when you double post ;)

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

25 Jul 2011, 6:03 pm

That made my day as well. Totally took my mind off of my dad... Oh crap, I'm thinking about my dad again. :|