Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1378 of 2001 [ 32002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1375, 1376, 1377, 1378, 1379, 1380, 1381 ... 2001  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2019, 11:46 am

Pepe wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Pepe wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I have a serious aversion to daylight and sunshine because my eyes are very sensitive. I decided to research "the darkest place on Earth", where I could live in peace without blinding migraines, and discovered that the darkest place is considered to be Rujkan, Norway. I was all set to move there when I googled and discovered this horrific insult:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2017 ... ch-the-sun

WHY??? JUST, WHY???! ! !

8O :evil:

What insult?

BTW, wrap-around sun glasses don't do it for you?
How to albinos cope?

I do have wrap-around polarised sunglasses but they aren't sufficient, and my difficulty with daylight and reflective glare is so extreme that I need to wear them in the house on top of my reading glasses. Even with curtains shut, or on foggy / cloudy / overcast days, ambient lighting makes me tense and ill. I pretty much survive by candle light because I don't like electric lightbulbs either. It's frustrating because I know I'm not alone, especially as an autistic person, but yet there is a misconception on weather reports and in mainstream psychology that everyone loves sunlight or needs a blue sky to be happy. I have Seasonal Affective Disorder against sunshine, but you'll never hear that this is a phenomenon. People say it is "reverse" SAD, as if loving sunshine and fairing poorly in the dark is an automatic norm. It makes me feel alone and hopeless when I hear that even the dark haven of Norway finds it necessary to fight nature, installing mirrors and rays of blinding sun. Even if the people voted for this, I'm sure it wasn't unanimous.

Rant over. :(

Wow.
This is the first time I have heard about such sensitivity.
Presumably, you have heavy tinting on the windows in addition to block-out curtains.

It is not my intention to make light (oh dear, sorry for the pun :wink: ) of your situation but I believe you will see the humour in my query.
Have you been tested for "Renfield's syndrome or Renfield syndrome"?
I.E. Vampirism? 8O

I hope you are feeling better today.

Kitty4670 wrote:
I was in my bathroom for a very long time, I had constipation & it made my stomach hurt sooo much.

I hope everything came out all right. <comfort>

Everything came out, I also had diarrhea :oops: :cry: :cry: My stomach REALLY REALLY HURT.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2019, 11:48 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Learning that my grandfather had a stroke that ended up paralyzing the left side of his body a few days ago. He's not doing well. >.<

I’m sorry ((hug))

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2019, 11:51 am

Sorry about that.

{{{HUGS}}}

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2019, 2:23 pm

My cat was bad, I opened the front door to get my packages, Piper usually stay inside, she almost was off my porch, I grabbed her, she stand still for me, I think it was a test. Good thing I didn’t fall down, I hurt my leg a little bit & got anxiety

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2019, 4:44 pm

(((Cecil)))

I know how that feels. I have had many wonderful kitties and miss them all.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2019, 8:19 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:

Everything came out, I also had diarrhea :oops: :cry: :cry: My stomach REALLY REALLY HURT.

Want to hear a rooly sad joke?

Q: Did you hear about the elephant that had diarrhea?
A: No? It's all over town. :scratch:

So, so sad.
Pepe sad again. :(

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2019, 9:05 pm

Job interview

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 9:49 am

IstominFan wrote:
(((Cecil)))

I know how that feels. I have had many wonderful kitties and miss them all.

I have had four over my life and they are all special to me. I think about funny and sweet memories about the three I have lost all the time.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 10:35 am

Fricken tree rat , squirrels using my roof as a early am racetrack. 3-4 but that doesnt account for the 15 of them ... living immediately in the trees around my house...Augh.....! :evil:

where ever you go ,there you are

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 11:50 am

I think my coworker likes me. He really seems to enjoy my company, compliments me a lot smiles a lot around me and said we should work together in the future. However he's so much younger than me and it's impossible for us to be together. :(

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 12:42 pm

Overt facts pointing to a meth distribution house has reopened after 2 weeks of stiff , police intervention, 3 doors away from my home. Run by a very grandmotherly type . Using religious facade
Of taking care if homeless people . To justify all the late night in out activity at her house.
Having to live in a highly secure environment . Is feeling like living in the prison they should be in .
But with store priviledges if your very careful. Sighes .

where ever you go ,there you are

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 7:57 pm

Something in my nose is itching me & making me sneeze

BDavro
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2019, 8:02 pm

Deleted

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 12:17 pm

Mother

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 2:11 pm

A friend of mine is visiting from Japan (hasn't been back to the US in several years), and our plans to hang out today failed miserably. I had forgotten how flaky he is about sticking to plans, so I was sorely disappointed to get a last minute cancellation this morning. He supposedly wants to try again tomorrow, so I sent a clear, polite message for him to confirm with me tonight so I'm not working myself up AGAIN for the drive/visit (both extremely stressful) for absolutely no reason. I rarely socialize or get out of the house, so it is a REALLY big deal for me to do anything like this. Changes in plans and cancellations exhaust me!

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2019, 10:34 am

Anxiety