Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 1:09 pm

Moog wrote:

Quote:
Ironically, "nice girls" may be the only females who tolerate the dark triad male personality, forgiving these naughty boys and inadvertently giving them yet another chance to misbehave.

if being a pushover is being "nice", I'd rather be an a-hole :P

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 2:19 pm

Glue factory not withstanding, I'll relate to everyone here who cares a bit of wisdom a friend gave me years ago: Being nice and being assertive are not mutually exclusive.

What does that mean? It means you stand up for yourself and have boundaries. A few years ago when a friend of mine owed me a large sum of money, I got really angry that he hadn't paid it back. We had an argument, and I demanded he pay me back. Well, he did, and we're still friends to today...in fact, we're best of friends BECAUSE we can get angry at each other. It's healthy.

If you are nice, and that is all you are, you really aren't a complete human being in my opinion. You can be nice, and assertive, and confident. These are possible.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 4:45 pm

anna-banana wrote:
Moog wrote:

Quote:
Ironically, "nice girls" may be the only females who tolerate the dark triad male personality, forgiving these naughty boys and inadvertently giving them yet another chance to misbehave.

if being a pushover is being "nice", I'd rather be an a-hole :P

I'd rather be a nice girl that learns from her mistakes. "Pushover" isn't an incurable condition. :)

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 4:48 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
i'm a taurus and i am pretty sure i am not machiavellian *in the slightest*, so i'd be reluctant to assign a blanket of badness to one single sign. moving on...

i wonder if we could alternately call "nice girls" something like "naive, trusting girls"?

Black and white thinking?

I can't stand how "Nice" has been morphed into "doormat" when that's not really the case. It's something psychopaths and narcissists I'm sure have twisted into our daily routine of perceptions of what nice people really are.

If you fight back against a bully, does that mean you are not nice anymore?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 7:20 pm

TheygoMew wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
i'm a taurus and i am pretty sure i am not machiavellian *in the slightest*, so i'd be reluctant to assign a blanket of badness to one single sign. moving on...

i wonder if we could alternately call "nice girls" something like "naive, trusting girls"?

Black and white thinking?

I can't stand how "Nice" has been morphed into "doormat" when that's not really the case. It's something psychopaths and narcissists I'm sure have twisted into our daily routine of perceptions of what nice people really are.

If you fight back against a bully, does that mean you are not nice anymore?

yes i do not think "nice girl" is really the best phrase for the researchers to have used, just like "nice guy" is often misused.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 3:38 am

I've known some and met heaps of gangsters at the cannabis club I have attended. The biker site I visit is full of gang members and bad boys

I'm not one of them, but running with them, rubs off a confidence and sense of self, arrogance most of the time.

They are usually physically powerful, and therein lies the attraction. Not always good boyfriend material but prolly good for a romp and a chat about ADHD

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2011, 7:57 am

Its in our DNA, the "bad boys" would have been the knight or some ither type of protectors that love to fight, The "nice guys" would be the guys the cookers and the doctors and all around the type with out fighting. We need to find this DNA and kill it.

metaphysics
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 8:14 am

Moog wrote:
cdfox7 wrote:
A horse head in the bed now does that beat saying it with flowers? :lol:
Now about Machiavellianism, old Nick was a Taurus!! Need I say any more that now. :wink:

A horses head is worth three in the bed

Old nick? The Devil? Taurus makes sense... perhaps with Saturn looming powerful

Wonder if I can find a birth time for old Niccolo...

Astrology..Teach me please, I am so curious!! ! :heart: How can it affect him? Is that merely suprtstition?

Studied very basic things before....but..

P.S. I am Scorpio

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 8:25 am

mesona wrote:
Its in our DNA, the "bad boys" would have been the knight or some ither type of protectors that love to fight, The "nice guys" would be the guys the cookers and the doctors and all around the type with out fighting. We need to find this DNA and kill it.

Lolwut?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 9:03 am

Moog wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Too nice girls

Two Nice Girls is already taken

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HtG9ef5XI4[/youtube]

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 10:03 am

metaphysics wrote:
Moog wrote:
cdfox7 wrote:
A horse head in the bed now does that beat saying it with flowers? :lol:
Now about Machiavellianism, old Nick was a Taurus!! Need I say any more that now. :wink:

A horses head is worth three in the bed

Old nick? The Devil? Taurus makes sense... perhaps with Saturn looming powerful

Wonder if I can find a birth time for old Niccolo...

Astrology..Teach me please, I am so curious!! ! :heart: How can it affect him?

Some interesting features about the chart of Niccolo Machiaveli: http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Mac ... 2C_Niccolo

Sun in Taurus. Taurean Sun people tend to be interested in material security (among other things).

Saturn in Taurus would give him a preoccupation or possibly even an obsession (Pluto trines Saturn) with it, a fear of not having enough.

Saturn in the 4th house means that he might have had a tough childhood, possibly deprived, perhaps unloved, which could create insecurity and feelings of inadequacy, a need to create security at the roots. This adds another layer to the motivations behind his work.

His lot of fortune also lies in the 4th house, indicating that focusing on security, foundations and domestic affairs would bring success. He obviously had an intense interest in the security of nations states, or kingdoms/principalities (whatever), and became famous for his book, which is essentially about power, influence, stability and security (and the lack). (Scorpio/Pluto; Capricorn/Saturn)

Saturn is opposite the Midheaven:

Quote:
Saturn opposition Midheaven indicates limiting vulnerability on a deeply personal and hidden level, most likely due to childhood issues, which set these people up to be their own worst enemy in the work arena. These people gravitate toward work situations that inhibit through drudgery, rigid rules, or management decisions that stop their progress. The cause of these setbacks is not obvious and may appear to come entirely from outside the self, due to the subconscious, subliminal nature of the vulnerability.

Very relevant: http://astrologynotes.org/wiki/Saturn_o ... _Midheaven

Scorpio Midheaven:

Quote:
While their desires are clear to them, they can also be ruthless about achieving them. When they push themselves too hard and too far, they become exhausted and feel momentarily powerless. Then they need a safe place to revive and be re-inspired. These people are in touch with basic truths of human existence. Their awareness of their darker side allows them to respond to difficult situations skillfully and in an inspiring way.

These few elements may partially explain what underlies the content of The Prince

Oh, the Capricorn ascendant (Saturn therefore rules the chart) is rather significant too, but I don't have any more time.

Quote:
Is that merely suprtstition?

I don't think so.

Quote:
P.S. I am Scorpio

Cool :D

What an odd turn this thread took.