Do you get irritated when people touch you?

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Guilted_Lady
Raven
Raven

27 Jul 2011, 1:31 pm

My brother likes to poke me, and it makes me really angry. Nobody seems to get it but me. There are other times when I don't want to be touched so I will refuse hugs, ect.. During these times, even if it's only someone brushing my skin as they pass I get really irritated.

?Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.?

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 1:51 pm

Yes. People who like to poke others in the side should be punched in the mouth as hard as possible. I got in trouble once for screaming at my mother after she kept doing it after I asked her to stop. What the hell is with NTs and their belief that annoying the living hell out of others and making them miserable = fun and hilarity?

Zexion
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2011, 2:05 pm

Sometimes. It's mostly when I don't know or don't like the person or when people just touch me to tease me.

Squirsh
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2011, 2:05 pm

Every so often I'll be in a mood where I want to hug people lots but most of the time I feel like I want to curl up and scream when people touch me. Until about the age of 12 or 13 I'd regularly scream and hit people for touching me. Not so bad these days but I still hate unwanted touch. When I was younger kids at school thought it was hilarious to poke me until I lost my temper. Being poked is extremely painful, I'm very sensitive to touch. I try telling people this and they think I'm exaggerating. I think a lot of people are just too rude to care how their actions affect other people. People brushing past me feels really uncomfortable but it doesn't make me angry.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 2:15 pm

It doesn't bother me when people touch me. If I am talking to somebody and they gently tap my arm as they talk, it's usually a friendly gesture and I don't mind. I don't think anything of it really. And once my cousin was getting her shoes on, and she held onto me, and it didn't bother me. I like being touched anyway. I don't like being completely left alone. My body isn't an antique that is forbidden to be touched, you know.

But there is one exception. I don't like people in supermarkets touching me or standing close to me. I get claustrophobic and have to get away. Once I was standing in a supermarket waiting for a friend to hurry up and choose something, and an older woman came up from behind me and gently put both hands on my waist, and said, ''excuse me please, dear.'' It was friendly of her to say excuse me and not push, but I really don't see why the hell she had to put both hands on my waist. Only really gently, not enough to seem weird or anything, but it really irritated me. Sometimes when people are too polite irritate me.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 2:16 pm

Zexion wrote:
Sometimes. It's mostly when I don't know or don't like the person or when people just touch me to tease me.

I think that's true for everyone.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 2:18 pm

Naturally, of course.

Guilted_Lady
Raven
Raven

27 Jul 2011, 2:18 pm

Blah.

?Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

27 Jul 2011, 3:11 pm

I get very irritated when people touch me. The only person who can and not suffer a slap is my mother.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 3:14 pm

Sometimes. If I don't like them, it bugs me. I can contain my displeasure though. I found when I am listening to music with headphones, I'm a lot more startled and irritated if someone touches me.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 6:25 pm

It does. Back in school, classmates figured out that touching me interfered with my functioning because it would be uncomfortable or rarely even painful. They brushed me or pretending to jump into me at about every occasion. But as it was only touching or accidental brushing, the teachers and counsellor explained that they saw no reason to interfere and that it shouldn't bother me because apparently, it wouldn't bother others. That was so wrong.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 6:51 pm

I hate it when people get made at me for pulling away when they touch my arm or try to put an arm around me. Suprise hugs are the worst it would be less bothersom if they just walked up and kicked me in the ass. The pain in the butt goes away pretty quickly but the weirdness from a touch on my forearm is enough to throw off my train of thought for a good amount of time. I have been accused of being arogant, stuck up, and even repressing memories of past child sexual abuse for not wanting to be touched. NT's act like I have spit in their face or something for refusing to be touched. :roll: They can't believe someone does not want to be touched or even looked at. It is beyond the way they think or something I guess. :?

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 7:18 pm

I don't get it. Why would it ever not be annoying if someone were to poke me? How is that socially acceptable to anyone, aspie or not?

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 7:44 pm

I get irritated, even angry if poked, prodded or tickled, or even touched lightly sometimes. It feels so uncomfortable to me, almost painful, but I assumed poking and prodding would be painful to anyone. I don't mind hugs if they are expected and with someone I know and trust, and nor do I mind a good back rub now and again however.

rpcarnell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jul 2011, 9:20 pm

I don't like to be touched either, not even by my relatives.

Miskadoodle
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jul 2011, 9:38 pm

I don't get why people think it's acceptable or funny to poke people, either. I don't know anyone who enjoys it.

I don't necessarily mind being touched, but I'm always surprised by it. Like it gives me a jolt when someone touches me - I'm not expecting it, it surprises me, but like a lot of people, it's only unwelcome when it's a stranger. The few exceptions are super crowded places like malls, I get so stiff and uncomfortable when people brush past me, and when my roommate drags me out to a nightclub - oh dear God. I cannot *stand* it when people, especially guys, even get near me then. I have no idea why, but in that setting I totally abhor the thought of a guy invading my personal space and touching me, even if it's harmless. *That's* when I get the 'what's wrong with you?' looks. I don't do well in night clubs, so I tend to avoid them.