Style of dating based on your first love.

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 5:03 am

I have recently realised that every person i have ever dated fits a certain mold. If i was to do a line up of all my ex's you could mistake them for cousins.

I look back to the first boy/ man i ever fell in love with and i can see that all my partners since have had similar characteristics.

Do other people have the same thing?

So I'm never in a rush

OddFinn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 6:07 am

They don't look alike, nor are they similar persons. But... my first love was older than I. And I mostly have pursued women older than myself.

I broke that circle with the woman who is now my wife. But at first it was really difficult for me to date someone younger.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 6:15 am

All my boyfriends have been greatly different from one another.

They I met a guy who seemed to be all three of them morphed into one :lol:. Didn't end up dating him in the end though.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 6:33 am

If anything stuck, it was the fact that she was older. Other than that she was the opposite of what I value in a partner in most aspects. :P

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 7:32 am

no, they were each different. ranged in height from 5'4' to 6'8', pale to black skin and hair, thin/obese/muscular/average, etc... completely different jobs & hobbies, all different personalities.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 11:18 am

Mine have all been completely different, too. Although, as one weird similarity, I've dated and/or had knee-weakening crushes on several guys who all had the same birthday. I'm not sure what it is about November 19th.

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 11:20 am

All of mine have been different really. Although, they've all been somewhat outside the mainstream. Eccentric, 'alternative', or just plain batty.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 11:21 am

blueroses wrote:
Mine have all been completely different, too. Although, as one weird similarity, I've dated and/or had knee-weakening crushes on several guys who all had the same birthday. I'm not sure what it is about November 19th.

8O

Yes it is.

I'm not kidding.

But naturally I'm not suggesting you have a crush on me, it's just lulz...

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 11:28 am

Grisha wrote:
blueroses wrote:

8O

Yes it is.

I'm not kidding.

Paging Moog for some astrological insight here!

Oh no, Grisha. I just looked at your profile and now I suddenly feel the need to avoid you as much as possible! That's a shame ...

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 11:39 am

blueroses wrote:
Grisha wrote:
blueroses wrote:

8O

Yes it is.

I'm not kidding.

Paging Moog for some astrological guidance here!

Oh no, Grisha. I just looked at your profile and now I suddenly feel the need to avoid you as much as possible! That's a shame ...

Not necessary!

There are no cosmic forces powerful enough to overcome my un-sexiness - it's my superpower. 8)

I would be interested in what Moog would have to say though...

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 11:47 am

I've only been in love twice. Hardly a big enough sample size to compare/contrast. However, what I can say is the personalities of these two individuals are like night and day.

K-R-X
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jul 2011, 11:52 am

Quite a bit yes. But then I'm back with my first love here, ten years later. So there were definatly unresolved feelings there.

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 1:06 pm

Not in looks, but they all have very similar qualities.

I think it's just the type of person you're attracted to, though.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 6:11 pm

All different. The first was I think because he reminded me of my dad because he was built like a mountain. The second had personality but not physically attractive (like Seth in Superbad and I had a crush on him all through high school). Another was nice looking and I made out with him but then he tried ordering me around. I didn't go for that and he just disappeared. My last had personality, very talented and skilled but was also would rather party than take care of responsibilities.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Jul 2011, 7:25 pm

I only had two relationships. My girlfriend rite now is very different from my ex & that's a good thing because my ex had lots of problems however I had been trying to find a girl who was like my ex because I thought I would have a better chance with someone like that because I'm far from perfect & I liked helping people with problems. Looking at things logically; I'm a lot more compatible with Megz rite now than I was with Emily then. Me & Emily really connected & were great friends but when it came to a relationship; I felt like a parent with her because of her issues. I feel like me & Megz are more in the same level but in different ways & our strengths & weaknesses balance each other out instead of causing disaster

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 4:13 pm

I have no one "type", except maybe they ranged from slightly to extremely more intelligent/intellectually-driven than average, and same goe for leftism, with the exception of my current beau.
Physically, they were totally dissimilar, but then I don't give two hoots about looks.

to his Interest."