Soo...here is the deal, in a nutshell...

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Aspie_Gamer88
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Aug 2011, 9:38 pm

...Basically, I'm 23 years old. In a town about 30-40ish miles away from Fort Worth, TX. If you want pics, go here(my profile one is my most recent, which was last year)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/aldent2

Anyway, thats me.

I love comic books, video games, manga, anime,cartoons, listening to the news(sxephil on YouTube got me involved in that, and then Newsvine even more, with Slashdot following closely), listening to music, watching tv(in fact, trying to finish out my games collection so I can start on my tv show discs collection...I have quite a bit to go on both) and being on the internet, as well as occasionally playing basketball or baseball(well, me throwing a ball in the air and hoping I can hit it, which sometimes I can, sometimes I can't)

I also recently started doing more excercises, and will soon start working out, because, as you can see from the picture, I'm a bit on the hefty side(not huge, my biggest and current is 215)

I'm pretty quiet, and sometimes you have to tell me EXACTLY what you want me to do, and I do it in that specific order unless you specify otherwise. I also have a little bit of a bad attitude towards people, but mostly stupid people who don't use their common sense when doing things that, if done wrong, could hurt someone else(such as wreckless driving....OH DO NOT get me started on wreckless drivers)

I also started college at Weatherford College this past Spring, and this fall will be my 2nd semester(3rd if you include the US History 1 class I took during Summer 1 semester) to be a database/hardware programmer(I LOVE tech, and will soon start working on more hardware, software, and network hacks and programs....I used to do it a lot, but my skills have gotten rusty as of late because:(down below)

I just(like, Thursday before last) got out of a 2 1/2 year relationship, and I really cared for this girl. I still miss her, but she has been a lesbian all her life, and, thanks to her trying to be a good Christian, tried to ignore that, because for some reason, she fell in love with me. She couldn't deny this any longer, and left me(we're still friends, but we have barely anything in common aside from we both like reading and we like fantasy stuff) to pursue a life as an out of the closet lesbian.

I had been thinking about leaving her for awhile, because she has A LOT of pets(6 guinea pigs, 5 ferrets, 6 dogs, 2 rats, and possibly a chinchilla here soon) and she dropped out of college and REFUSES to get a job at anywhere but a pet store or somewhere where she will work with pet-type animals(which there is ONE pet store in our town, and she can't work there right now, because her drug addict aunts(one from each side of her family) work there. She is also partially blind in her right eye, so she can't drive, and lives with her grandma on her mom's side, who also can't drive, because she has some weird phobia of driving(not sure what you call that....not trying to offend anyone here) So she lives off of her SSD checks, $600 something a month, and refuses to get a job, essentially, while having all those pets(and believe me, the guinea pigs stuff alone gets f*****g EXPENSIVE) and wanting to buy herself tons of clothes, essentially on my dime(since I would be her primary caretaker had we gotten married)

But when this came about I was still upset, just not as much as I thought I would be about it.

So anyway, I think I'm about ready to move on, so I thought I'd throw a post up here, describing me. If you want some more info on me, add me on Facebook and we'll chat.

I would like to find an ASD girl who is faithful, preferably good looking but NOT at all required, looks don't matter to me as much as personality and compatibility with my interests, has some or most of my interests(and for the record, I can watch chick flicks..in fact, I used to love watching them with my now exes, so no worries there ladies ;D) and who is either working or in college or both, like myself.

I may not end up getting my degree, or it will go to a complete waste unless I can find something that I can work my own hours with at home, as the grocery store chain I will be starting out as a bagger for is GREAT(H-E-B) and I already love the company and we haven't even opened the store I will be working at(it opens in September) so I think I may have some advancement opportunities there, only time will tell.

Anywho back to the girl. Like I said earlier, ASD(I will date NTs, just figured I will probably get more ASDs looking on here) and either in college, working, or both, possibly willing to travel(I live with my parents still, for now, so they are paying for my gas for now, so I can't go too many places aside from work and school(which is a town away, in Weatherford)

Also, if you're interested in providing looks(again, not required) I'd like at least the following criteria met:

A) My weight or smaller, if not, not TOO much bigger than I am(preferably nothing over like 235ish) and willing to excercise and diet the weight off with me(I don't want my girl to croak on me because she is overweight or whatever,not a selfish reason)

B) I LOVE girls with solid hair colors, but if it is mixed, I like that too. I just like solid colors more for hair color. Again, hair color not a big issue.

Also, pics if possible, if not very descriptive descriptions.

Will post again later.

EDIT: Also, no PERMANENT online relationships please. A few months of bad planning or just not having a ride or whatever is fine, but a year of online only or more is ridiculous. Also, preferable if you have a car or a ride with no life so they can basically take you anywhere, anytime.

Last edited by Aspie_Gamer88 on 04 Aug 2011, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 9:57 pm

I'm taken, but I just thought I'd drop in and say hi :) I didn't know there was anyone from the Weatherford area on here. I went to Poolville schools and my parents' house is near Springtown. I'm up in Denton now. If you just want a friend or someone to talk to, PM me and I'll add you on facebook.

Aspie_Gamer88

04 Aug 2011, 11:06 pm

Giving this a bump for the night, because I'm going to be on facebook and youtube rotting my brains out for the rest of the night

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 1:29 am

Aspie_Gamer88 wrote:
...Basically, I'm 23 years old. In a town about 30-40ish miles away from Fort Worth, TX. If you want pics, go here(my profile one is my most recent, which was last year)

Anyway, thats me.

I love comic books, video games, manga, anime,cartoons, listening to the news(sxephil on YouTube got me involved in that, and then Newsvine even more, with Slashdot following closely), listening to music, watching tv(in fact, trying to finish out my games collection so I can start on my tv show discs collection...I have quite a bit to go on both) and being on the internet, as well as occasionally playing basketball or baseball(well, me throwing a ball in the air and hoping I can hit it, which sometimes I can, sometimes I can't)

I'm going to be honest with you. Some women like comic books, video games, manga, anime, cartoons, and all of that, and it's ok for you to like those things, but you generally shouldn't use them to define yourself to women because most women aren't the least bit interested in that stuff, and even the ones who are generally want a man who isn't reminiscent of a 12 year old boy. You can still like and engage in these things, but when telling a woman what you like, I would not make them the focal point of who you are. It might be wiser to emphasize what you like to do in the context of what you are working towards in life.

Aspie_Gamer88 wrote:
I also recently started doing more excercises, and will soon start working out, because, as you can see from the picture, I'm a bit on the hefty side(not huge, my biggest and current is 215)

This is good. Women generally like men who are physically active to some degree.

Aspie_Gamer88 wrote:
I'm pretty quiet, and sometimes you have to tell me EXACTLY what you want me to do, and I do it in that specific order unless you specify otherwise. I also have a little bit of a bad attitude towards people, but mostly stupid people who don't use their common sense when doing things that, if done wrong, could hurt someone else(such as wreckless driving....OH DO NOT get me started on wreckless drivers)

It's ok to be quite as long as you can speak to the women you like and be sure to tell her you're just quite sometimes and your silence isn't due to lack of interest in her. As far as wreckless drivers and such, women generally like men who are conscientious so that's a plus.

Aspie_Gamer88 wrote:
I also started college at Weatherford College this past Spring, and this fall will be my 2nd semester(3rd if you include the US History 1 class I took during Summer 1 semester) to be a database/hardware programmer(I LOVE tech, and will soon start working on more hardware, software, and network hacks and programs....I used to do it a lot, but my skills have gotten rusty as of late because:(down below)

This is also a plus. Women like men who are ambitious or self driven and work towards their dreams in life.

Aspie_Gamer88 wrote:
I just(like, Thursday before last) got out of a 2 1/2 year relationship, and I really cared for this girl. I still miss her, but she has been a lesbian all her life, and, thanks to her trying to be a good Christian, tried to ignore that, because for some reason, she fell in love with me. She couldn't deny this any longer, and left me(we're still friends, but we have barely anything in common aside from we both like reading and we like fantasy stuff) to pursue a life as an out of the closet lesbian.

I had been thinking about leaving her for awhile, because she has A LOT of pets(6 guinea pigs, 5 ferrets, 6 dogs, 2 rats, and possibly a chinchilla here soon) and she dropped out of college and REFUSES to get a job at anywhere but a pet store or somewhere where she will work with pet-type animals(which there is ONE pet store in our town, and she can't work there right now, because her drug addict aunts(one from each side of her family) work there. She is also partially blind in her right eye, so she can't drive, and lives with her grandma on her mom's side, who also can't drive, because she has some weird phobia of driving(not sure what you call that....not trying to offend anyone here) So she lives off of her SSD checks, $600 something a month, and refuses to get a job, essentially, while having all those pets(and believe me, the guinea pigs stuff alone gets f***ing EXPENSIVE) and wanting to buy herself tons of clothes, essentially on my dime(since I would be her primary caretaker had we gotten married)

But when this came about I was still upset, just not as much as I thought I would be about it.

So anyway, I think I'm about ready to move on, so I thought I'd throw a post up here, describing me. If you want some more info on me, add me on Facebook and we'll chat.

Well you seem to have a very healthy attitude about all of this. I commend you. You are also financially aware. That's also a plus.

Aspie_Gamer88 wrote:
I would like to find an ASD girl who is faithful, preferably good looking but NOT at all required, looks don't matter to me as much as personality and compatibility with my interests, has some or most of my interests(and for the record, I can watch chick flicks..in fact, I used to love watching them with my now exes, so no worries there ladies ;D) and who is either working or in college or both, like myself.

I may not end up getting my degree, or it will go to a complete waste unless I can find something that I can work my own hours with at home, as the grocery store chain I will be starting out as a bagger for is GREAT(H-E-B) and I already love the company and we haven't even opened the store I will be working at(it opens in September) so I think I may have some advancement opportunities there, only time will tell.

Optimism, another plus. There was a boy who bagged groceries at a local super market here when we were both 15. He is now the store manager.

Aspie_Gamer88 wrote:
Anywho back to the girl. Like I said earlier, ASD(I will date NTs, just figured I will probably get more ASDs looking on here) and either in college, working, or both, possibly willing to travel(I live with my parents still, for now, so they are paying for my gas for now, so I can't go too many places aside from work and school(which is a town away, in Weatherford)

Also, if you're interested in providing looks(again, not required) I'd like at least the following criteria met:

A) My weight or smaller, if not, not TOO much bigger than I am(preferably nothing over like 235ish) and willing to excercise and diet the weight off with me(I don't want my girl to croak on me because she is overweight or whatever,not a selfish reason)

B) I LOVE girls with solid hair colors, but if it is mixed, I like that too. I just like solid colors more for hair color. Again, hair color not a big issue.

Will post again later.

EDIT: Also, no PERMANENT online relationships please. A few months of bad planning or just not having a ride or whatever is fine, but a year of online only or more is ridiculous. Also, preferable if you have a car or a ride with no life so they can basically take you anywhere, anytime.

I wish you luck in finding this girl. I wouldn't limit yourself to girls on the spectrum though. They're hard to find and a lot of NT girls would probably not be opposed to dating you just because you are on the spectrum.

Artros
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 2:52 am

Oh, and here was I thinking that wreckless driving was generally perceived as a pro. I've certainly attempted to avoid wrecking a car.

All puns aside, I agree with Chronos that you shouldn't limit yourself to people on the spectrum. Also, I hear that girls dislike it when you talk about your ex too much. While your story was certainly illuminating, I think it might not be best to talk too much about her, even if it's a long rant.

SQ: 72/80 (Extreme Synthesiser)
Aspie test: about 150/200 Aspie, about 40/200 NT

Aspie_Gamer88

05 Aug 2011, 8:28 pm

Chronos wrote:
Aspie_Gamer88 wrote:

Anyway, thats me.

1. I'm going to be honest with you. Some women like comic books, video games, manga, anime, cartoons, and all of that, and it's ok for you to like those things, but you generally shouldn't use them to define yourself to women because most women aren't the least bit interested in that stuff, and even the ones who are generally want a man who isn't reminiscent of a 12 year old boy. You can still like and engage in these things, but when telling a woman what you like, I would not make them the focal point of who you are. It might be wiser to emphasize what you like to do in the context of what you are working towards in life.

Aspie_Gamer88 wrote:

2. This is good. Women generally like men who are physically active to some degree.

Aspie_Gamer88 wrote:

3. It's ok to be quite as long as you can speak to the women you like and be sure to tell her you're just quite sometimes and your silence isn't due to lack of interest in her. As far as wreckless drivers and such, women generally like men who are conscientious so that's a plus.

Aspie_Gamer88 wrote:

4. This is also a plus. Women like men who are ambitious or self driven and work towards their dreams in life.

Aspie_Gamer88 wrote:

I had been thinking about leaving her for awhile, because she has A LOT of pets(6 guinea pigs, 5 ferrets, 6 dogs, 2 rats, and possibly a chinchilla here soon) and she dropped out of college and REFUSES to get a job at anywhere but a pet store or somewhere where she will work with pet-type animals(which there is ONE pet store in our town, and she can't work there right now, because her drug addict aunts(one from each side of her family) work there. She is also partially blind in her right eye, so she can't drive, and lives with her grandma on her mom's side, who also can't drive, because she has some weird phobia of driving(not sure what you call that....not trying to offend anyone here) So she lives off of her SSD checks, $600 something a month, and refuses to get a job, essentially, while having all those pets(and believe me, the guinea pigs stuff alone gets f***ing EXPENSIVE) and wanting to buy herself tons of clothes, essentially on my dime(since I would be her primary caretaker had we gotten married)

5. Well you seem to have a very healthy attitude about all of this. I commend you. You are also financially aware. That's also a plus.

Aspie_Gamer88 wrote:

6. Optimism, another plus. There was a boy who bagged groceries at a local super market here when we were both 15. He is now the store manager.

Aspie_Gamer88 wrote:

Will post again later.

7. I wish you luck in finding this girl. I wouldn't limit yourself to girls on the spectrum though. They're hard to find and a lot of NT girls would probably not be opposed to dating you just because you are on the spectrum.

1. I'm not really putting it out there to define me, I'm kind of like a multilayer cake. there are many different sides to my interests. These are the ones I will be doing in my free time+ drinking(although I don't drink much, and mostly either at home or at restaurants with mini bars,so they wouldn't have to worry about me going to an all out bar and getting smashed with some girl, ladies ;D) I also like to cook(although I am not very good..,...my mom just recently started teaching me how this past year, and I just haven't had time/energy to make anything past tacos.....hoping to take a culinary course after I finish my Associates and get into a good job, then onto my Bachelors and potentially my Masters afterwards....I love to eat!! !(my favorite is bread, ladies ;D)) I also like to play basketball or head out to the batting cages, and sometimes golf(although I suck at it) and tennis(also suck somewhat at this) Another thing I like to do is read a good book. I also like being out on the town, walking around looking around the different shops, and I'm a coffee addict(although it must have quite a bit of sugar and creamer =S) I don't dance much, but thats because I don't know how and feel because of that I look like an idiot, but when I dance at home by myself or with friends, I always have fun. I also am looking into going on more Mission trips with my church(Baptist, but I'll do any denomination, as it Church of Christ are the only 2 I've joined in, and I like Baptist better so far)

2. YAY!! ! I like to go running/jogging/walking in the morniung with my basset hound, Hunter =D

3. I can speak to them, I just have to get to know them first, and I let EVERYONE, not just women I'm interested in, know that my quietness isn't due to a lack of interest, up front.

4. Well thats good.I just hope they can deal with me having a toolbox constantly in the house due to my taking things apart. =\

5. I'm trying to forgive and forget, as well as not burn any bridges here, so this is a good thing that someone else thinks this as well.

6. Well, the guy I trained under today and Tuesday(same guy(today was 2nd day of training of 3)) is basically me except black. And when everyone else was having trouble with $200- orders with 2 baggers with experienced cashiers, I was clocking them all with it being only me with an in training cashier(her first day & 2nd days of training as well) with $500+ orders, as well as I told the guy to talk to the store manager, Kim , about calling me in when they need me except on school days, since I live literally 5 minutes away from the store and have experience as a cashier(need a refresher course though) in grocery, produce, truck unloading, meats and seafood, dairy, frozen and non-food items, so they could put me in other departments if they needed to and I'd be fine with that. Hoping to ride this thing to the top.

7. This I know, and I am not. I'm simply putting myself out to girls on the spectrum, to see how it goes. I actually had lunch with a good NT girl friend's family and her today when my family and I were out for Italian, and they walked in, so we bumped our tables together, and since I was in my families car and not my truck, the friend, Jennifer, and I went over to Starbucks and had a couple of fraps together, talking about church stuff(thats how I know her)

Artros wrote:
Oh, and here was I thinking that wreckless driving was generally perceived as a pro. I've certainly attempted to avoid wrecking a car.

All puns aside, I agree with Chronos that you shouldn't limit yourself to people on the spectrum. Also, I hear that girls dislike it when you talk about your ex too much. While your story was certainly illuminating, I think it might not be best to talk too much about her, even if it's a long rant.

Oh I know, I was just letting girls know why I might seem a bit.....distant, or detached, at first. I figured since I am not good at conveying my emotions without spilling them all out at once, so I figured it would be good to get that out of the way on here first.

Anyway:

LADIES: Please post??? Available ones anyway, or eve if you are just seeking a new friend. Feel free to add me on Facebook, although let me know on here when you do so I know who it is.

Aspie_Gamer88

06 Aug 2011, 8:35 pm

Bumping this for the night and possibly the next few days, as I have church and lunch with friends tomorrow, then a concert of a local band to attend, then more training hours Monday, then cashier training on Tuesday, more bagger training hours Wednesday, and then I suppose I'll use most of Thursday and Friday morning to catch up on rest before training again on Saturday.

...In other words, I may not be able to be back on til Friday. Hoping I can check at least once a night though.

Aspie_Gamer88

07 Aug 2011, 9:44 pm

Bump.

Ok, wtf??? No answers after a full night???

Thats weird, even for WrongPlanet.

Aspie_Gamer88

11 Aug 2011, 12:56 pm

Bumping this again....

This is getting to be BS.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 1:07 pm

You might want to try posting in the correct thread, which is also in Love and Dating. See the stickied thread toward the top: Eligible Odd-bods! The Premier Aspergian Singles List? That's where you should post.

Just trying to be helpful. {I'm 20 years older than you and live in New England}

Aspie_Gamer88

12 Aug 2011, 9:55 am

mv wrote:
You might want to try posting in the correct thread, which is also in Love and Dating. See the stickied thread toward the top: Eligible Odd-bods! The Premier Aspergian Singles List? That's where you should post.

Just trying to be helpful. {I'm 20 years older than you and live in New England}

Thank you!! ! I did not know this. =)

meeple
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Aug 2011, 8:31 pm

way to go getting a job at H.E.B.! they are a great company to work for, with room for advancement, and excellent benefits.

Freak-Z
Toucan
Toucan

15 Aug 2011, 1:26 pm

Chronos wrote:
Aspie_Gamer88 wrote:

Anyway, thats me.

I'm going to be honest with you. Some women like comic books, video games, manga, anime, cartoons, and all of that, and it's ok for you to like those things, but you generally shouldn't use them to define yourself to women because most women aren't the least bit interested in that stuff, and even the ones who are generally want a man who isn't reminiscent of a 12 year old boy. You can still like and engage in these things, but when telling a woman what you like, I would not make them the focal point of who you are.

Why not? some men use a liking of sports and getting drunk to define themselves. Most women? bit of an exaggeration. Comic books, video games, manga, anime, and cartoons come in many different forms. Depending on where you look I'm sure they will be some women who have some sort of interest in one or more of these things.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 1:46 pm

Freak-Z wrote:
Chronos wrote:
Aspie_Gamer88 wrote:

Anyway, thats me.

I'm going to be honest with you. Some women like comic books, video games, manga, anime, cartoons, and all of that, and it's ok for you to like those things, but you generally shouldn't use them to define yourself to women because most women aren't the least bit interested in that stuff, and even the ones who are generally want a man who isn't reminiscent of a 12 year old boy. You can still like and engage in these things, but when telling a woman what you like, I would not make them the focal point of who you are.

Why not? some men use a liking of sports and getting drunk to define themselves. Most women? bit of an exaggeration. Comic books, video games, manga, anime, and cartoons come in many different forms. Depending on where you look I'm sure they will be some women who have some sort of interest in one or more of these things.

Lets see its as if a woman was looking for a bf and in order to do so she provided a list of her favourite chick lit books order by how inspirational she found them. How many males do you know that are familiar with chick lit books(let alone have read some), the amount of responses this woman would get is limited/non existant.

Most females dont care about watching sports/videogames so mentioning videogames/sport as one of your main interests isnt a wise move imo since it shows that you probablyt dont have much in common.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

Freak-Z
Toucan
Toucan

15 Aug 2011, 2:06 pm

spongy wrote:
Freak-Z wrote:
Chronos wrote:
Aspie_Gamer88 wrote:

Anyway, thats me.

Lets see its as if a woman was looking for a bf and in order to do so she provided a list of her favourite chick lit books order by how inspirational she found them. How many males do you know that are familiar with chick lit books(let alone have read some), the amount of responses this woman would get is limited/non existant.

Most females dont care about watching sports/videogames so mentioning videogames/sport as one of your main interests isnt a wise move imo since it shows that you probablyt dont have much in common.

Do you know most women? or most men for that matter? I'm sure there are lots of men who like some chick lit books as well as women who are into video games. If you don't have much in common with a person then you probably shouldn't be dating them in the first place. Best advice is too look somewhere where people with similar interests to you usually hang out.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2011, 2:52 pm

Freak-Z wrote:

Do you know most women? or most men for that matter? I'm sure there are lots of men who like some chick lit books as well as women who are into video games. If you don't have much in common with a person then you probably shouldn't be dating them in the first place. Best advice is too look somewhere where people with similar interests to you usually hang out.

OP is complaining about a lack of response, chronos was giving him some tips about how to make his post more appealing to some women and you asked why was she saying that so I tried to explain her reasoning.

You should allways try to be yourself at all times I agree with that, but there are certain ways of presenting yourself that are more appealing to the opposite sex than others and chronos was trying to make his post more appealing.
ie:
For example for some reasons unrelated to this post I try to have considerable facial hair at all times, I let any person that asks about it know that Im not going to change that for anyone but since I´m aware that facial hair is not something people my age like(I get asked why I like having and when Im considering cutting several times a month/at times week) I try to highlight other features of myself instead of focusing on something that for most people is a turn off.

You may like videogames that´s cool and something thats quite common among males but there are plenty of guys out there that like videogames and have partners that don´t because they´ve found other common grounds with their partners.

Best place is too look somewhere whee people have similar interests I agree with that but if OP was so focused on videogames he could have gotten a better response at videogame forums

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html