Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 5:11 pm

catwoman: i don't think that she is catwoman in this picture. i think that she probably doesn't immediately become catwoman just like how bruce wayne didn't immediately become batman in Batman Begins.

bane: i think he looks terrible. But, i could be wrong

what are your comments?

Last edited by imbatshitcrazy on 11 Aug 2011, 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 5:16 pm

Bane doesn't look too impressive in the spy photos, but I know enough not to judge out of context spy photos too harshly. I'll never forget seeing the first photos of Ian McKellen in costume as Magneto, and almost having a fanboy heart attack at how awful it looked. I saw the film and it turned out fine. I also thought that the first photo of Heath Ledger's Joker
(this one) looked terrible, and that also turned out fine. So I'll wait and see.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 6:06 pm

Jory wrote:
Bane doesn't look too impressive in the spy photos, but I know enough not to judge out of context spy photos too harshly. I'll never forget seeing the first photos of Ian McKellen in costume as Magneto, and almost having a fanboy heart attack at how awful it looked. I saw the film and it turned out fine. I also thought that the first photo of Heath Ledger's Joker
(this one) looked terrible, and that also turned out fine. So I'll wait and see.

^^^This, im still optimistic of Tom Hardy erasing the memory of the Joel Schumacher Bane. At least he's not coloured green and grunting.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 6:06 pm

I like batman's and bane's costume but not so sure about catwoman's costume....

Ookla
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Aug 2011, 10:55 pm

I have a difficult time getting excited about Catwoman, period. Except for a little dose of kinky sex appeal, I've never found her very interesting. And since Rachel died in The Dark Knight, I'm sure that opens the path to the same old will-they-or-won't-they sexual tension between Batman and Catwoman. (An angle that I feel comic writers played out years ago.) That said, I believe in Christopher Nolan. If anyone can make Catwoman interesting, it's him.

Any of you guys read Chris Sims's stuff on Comics Alliance? Just this week, he posted a great review of the unspeakable Halle Berry Catwoman. He also has hilarious reviews of the Burton and Schumacher Batman movies. Here.

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 4:48 pm

Jory wrote:
Bane doesn't look too impressive in the spy photos, but I know enough not to judge out of context spy photos too harshly. I'll never forget seeing the first photos of Ian McKellen in costume as Magneto, and almost having a fanboy heart attack at how awful it looked. I saw the film and it turned out fine.

can you send me a link of the picture you are talking about?

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 5:26 pm

imbatshitcrazy wrote:
can you send me a link of the picture you are talking about?

I did a Google Image search and couldn't find it. I wasn't expecting to. This was 1999, when X-Men was going into production. It was a picture of Ian McKellen in his Magneto costume, standing on what looked like some guy's back porch, with terrible lighting. It was the exact costume he wore in the film, but it looked awful, like a bad purple night gown. The point is that we can't judge out of context pictures like this too harshly. Heath Ledger's Joker also looked miserable when they released the first photos, but it was a great look in the film.