Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,042
Location: Los Angeles

08 Aug 2011, 11:51 pm

Do you feel the need for this? I put up a sign on my door saying "Knock first (and wait for permission) or Keep out!" and my mom just knocked and then came in and I told her there's a reason that I put up the sign. Her refute? She owns the house, therefore she does not always need to knock.

I felt like saying "I need my privacy, so if you can't respect that, well then, what the hell is wrong with you?" and I wanted a lock on my door. Anyone felt this frustration?


_________________
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice


chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,823
Location: Hell :)

09 Aug 2011, 1:46 am

That stinks, I used to have that problem...for a few years, it was so messy and it smelled like different various rotting foods that they were too scared to enter. :lol: Now they usually respect that rule of mine to not enter...usually because I yell. My room is my only sanctuary, and I used to have meltdowns/threaten them if they ever got near it in the past.


_________________
Go die in a ditch if you're a b*tch, if you're a jerk, go to work, if you're just mean, flee the scene, and if you're rude, go ahead and intrude because you're probably just like me.


HoodedShadow
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2011
Age: 28
Gender: Male
Posts: 209
Location: Finland

09 Aug 2011, 10:04 am

Yes, I have wanted a lock for ages but I'm still not getting it.
Looks like I have to just move out, I'm getting old enough for that anyways.. Just need some money..


_________________
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt164561.html - My introduction
Diagnosed aspergers
Email or PM me!
Email address: http://www.google.com/recaptcha/mailhid ... 0lSIA-uw==


gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,042
Location: Los Angeles

09 Aug 2011, 2:49 pm

If I yelled, I would be chastised.


_________________
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice


chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,823
Location: Hell :)

09 Aug 2011, 2:53 pm

gailryder17 wrote:
If I yelled, I would be chastised.


You have to mix it in with some crying.


_________________
Go die in a ditch if you're a b*tch, if you're a jerk, go to work, if you're just mean, flee the scene, and if you're rude, go ahead and intrude because you're probably just like me.


gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,042
Location: Los Angeles

09 Aug 2011, 6:21 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
gailryder17 wrote:
If I yelled, I would be chastised.


You have to mix it in with some crying.


That would exasperate my parent's reactions.


_________________
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice


chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2010
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Posts: 13,823
Location: Hell :)

09 Aug 2011, 6:40 pm

gailryder17 wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
gailryder17 wrote:
If I yelled, I would be chastised.


You have to mix it in with some crying.


That would exasperate my parent's reactions.


Hmmmm, then try to scare them by being numb?


_________________
Go die in a ditch if you're a b*tch, if you're a jerk, go to work, if you're just mean, flee the scene, and if you're rude, go ahead and intrude because you're probably just like me.


SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Mar 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,903

09 Aug 2011, 9:20 pm

If your mom is going to use that faulty logic, ask her if her opinion would change if your room was the bathroom. Also, if she does not respect your privacy, why should you respect hers? She'll eventually get annoyed and understand the importance.


_________________
Remember, all atrocities begin in a sensible place.


gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,042
Location: Los Angeles

09 Aug 2011, 10:33 pm

SammichEater wrote:
If your mom is going to use that faulty logic, ask her if her opinion would change if your room was the bathroom. Also, if she does not respect your privacy, why should you respect hers? She'll eventually get annoyed and understand the importance.


I would, but she would pull the "I'm the parent, I own the house" crap.


_________________
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice


SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Mar 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,903

10 Aug 2011, 2:23 am

gailryder17 wrote:
SammichEater wrote:
If your mom is going to use that faulty logic, ask her if her opinion would change if your room was the bathroom. Also, if she does not respect your privacy, why should you respect hers? She'll eventually get annoyed and understand the importance.


I would, but she would pull the "I'm the parent, I own the house" crap.


And my response would be:

No, you're not a parent, you're a dictator. :lol:

A real parent would understand the importance of privacy. Only a dictator would use the excuse of power to disrespect privacy. Even the federal government needs a search warrant or a logical reason before the FBI can come inspect the house.

Now, if you, as a parent, feel that you have that right, then don't b***h when you find out that Facebook is being evil with your personal information. Because, guess what, if they use that same logic, they have that right too.


_________________
Remember, all atrocities begin in a sensible place.


gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,042
Location: Los Angeles

10 Aug 2011, 11:30 am

SammichEater wrote:
gailryder17 wrote:
SammichEater wrote:
If your mom is going to use that faulty logic, ask her if her opinion would change if your room was the bathroom. Also, if she does not respect your privacy, why should you respect hers? She'll eventually get annoyed and understand the importance.


I would, but she would pull the "I'm the parent, I own the house" crap.


And my response would be:

No, you're not a parent, you're a dictator. :lol:

A real parent would understand the importance of privacy. Only a dictator would use the excuse of power to disrespect privacy. Even the federal government needs a search warrant or a logical reason before the FBI can come inspect the house.

Now, if you, as a parent, feel that you have that right, then don't b***h when you find out that Facebook is being evil with your personal information. Because, guess what, if they use that same logic, they have that right too.


Then she would say "excuse me, show some respect" knowing her :eew:


_________________
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice


SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Mar 2011
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,903

10 Aug 2011, 8:56 pm

gailryder17 wrote:
SammichEater wrote:
gailryder17 wrote:
SammichEater wrote:
If your mom is going to use that faulty logic, ask her if her opinion would change if your room was the bathroom. Also, if she does not respect your privacy, why should you respect hers? She'll eventually get annoyed and understand the importance.


I would, but she would pull the "I'm the parent, I own the house" crap.


And my response would be:

No, you're not a parent, you're a dictator. :lol:

A real parent would understand the importance of privacy. Only a dictator would use the excuse of power to disrespect privacy. Even the federal government needs a search warrant or a logical reason before the FBI can come inspect the house.

Now, if you, as a parent, feel that you have that right, then don't b***h when you find out that Facebook is being evil with your personal information. Because, guess what, if they use that same logic, they have that right too.


Then she would say "excuse me, show some respect" knowing her :eew:


And my response would be "you first."


_________________
Remember, all atrocities begin in a sensible place.


gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,042
Location: Los Angeles

10 Aug 2011, 9:23 pm

SammichEater wrote:
gailryder17 wrote:
SammichEater wrote:
gailryder17 wrote:
SammichEater wrote:
If your mom is going to use that faulty logic, ask her if her opinion would change if your room was the bathroom. Also, if she does not respect your privacy, why should you respect hers? She'll eventually get annoyed and understand the importance.


I would, but she would pull the "I'm the parent, I own the house" crap.


And my response would be:

No, you're not a parent, you're a dictator. :lol:

A real parent would understand the importance of privacy. Only a dictator would use the excuse of power to disrespect privacy. Even the federal government needs a search warrant or a logical reason before the FBI can come inspect the house.

Now, if you, as a parent, feel that you have that right, then don't b***h when you find out that Facebook is being evil with your personal information. Because, guess what, if they use that same logic, they have that right too.


Then she would say "excuse me, show some respect" knowing her :eew:


And my response would be "you first."


Response: either "excuse me" or *slap*


_________________
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice


bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 14 May 2011
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Posts: 444
Location: Pennsylvania

10 Aug 2011, 9:45 pm

My mom will alos walk in my room without knocking, and see, i dont get what it o\is with her, doesnt she realize we knock for a reason, shes walked in my room while i was in the middle of changing even, and its ridiculous! Its My room, and i deserve my privacy in there.


_________________
It is not gods dream that carries out our duties, it is our duties that carry out gods dream


gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,042
Location: Los Angeles

10 Aug 2011, 11:34 pm

bradt4evr wrote:
My mom will alos walk in my room without knocking, and see, i dont get what it o\is with her, doesnt she realize we knock for a reason, shes walked in my room while i was in the middle of changing even, and its ridiculous! Its My room, and i deserve my privacy in there.


Aww, bradt4evr, you stalker :wink:.

Sometimes my mom and brother would walk in while I'm changing.


_________________
Hey!
Wait!
I've got a new complaint
Forever in debt to your priceless advice