Page 1 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What is the status of your wisdom teeth?
Haven't come in yet 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Were removed 54%  54%  [ 31 ]
I still have them 39%  39%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 57

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 10:00 am

What's the status of your wisdom teeth?

(Edit: Can't edit poll :evil: I was in the middle of adding more options when WP signed me out... Now can't do anything. Was going to add "They're coming in")

Last edited by jmnixon95 on 09 Aug 2011, 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 10:02 am

I have mine. They've never bothered me. Though one is somewhat sideways.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

09 Aug 2011, 10:18 am

I didn't have very many teeh to start with, so my dentist left my wisdom teeth in.

My sister got hers removed though, through painful surgery. :lol: :twisted:

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 10:18 am

Thank God I have all my teeth, wisdom teeth included. My teeth are very sensitive and anesthesia has proven not to work very well on me, so I get terrified of the idea of dental surgery!

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 10:32 am

I have one wisdom tooth growing in at the moment, and it's made an angle somewhere around 45-50 degrees when compared to the tooth in front of it, so it will probably have to be removed. Not sure about any of the other ones, though; they haven't started coming in, but if this one is as messed up as it is, the others will probably be as well so they will all most likely have to be removed.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 10:50 am

This is bad, but I really don't care about my teeth.
I've never had braces, and as far as I know, I'm not going to get my wisdom teeth removed....I don't want to get loopy on drugs....I can do that from running.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 11:13 am

Had mine taken out when I was 16.
I had all four, two with roots wrapped around a nerve, supposedly, but I'm glad I had it done.
The dentist wanted to take out my next four teeth (going frontward) because I have a small mouth, but I was all 8O / :? and my daddy said we could hold off on it.
I didn't experience any ill-effects, except I threw up once and had a chipmunk face (huge, swollen cheeks) for a week or so.
I got Lortab, which was pretty cool. The world could have ended, and I would have been all 8).

to his Interest."

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 12:23 pm

Ilka wrote:
Thank God I have all my teeth, wisdom teeth included. My teeth are very sensitive and anesthesia has proven not to work very well on me, so I get terrified of the idea of dental surgery!

Same! I just had a cavity filled, and the dentist ended up having to give me 2 shots of Novocaine, because I could still feel it after the first one, and it was not pleasant.

My "sideways" tooth is probably about a 45-50 degree angle too. Strangely, it's the one that's grown in the most. The other ones are just peeking through the gums.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

09 Aug 2011, 12:25 pm

My wisdom teeth are straight... Is that weird? :chin:

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 12:28 pm

I have, I think, three - one hasn't fully come out, yet it's already stricken with enamel carries, another one is crooked and hurts the inside of my mouth.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

09 Aug 2011, 12:36 pm

I have all of mine, but they're entirely inside the jaw bone, and my dentists over the years have said not to bother with removing them since it would involve a week in the hospital and deliberately breaking my lower jaw. Forget it!

Charles

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 12:49 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

Yes, for they usually tend to be homosexual :D :D :D :twisted: 8)

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 12:54 pm

Irulan wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

Haha. :roll:

I meant they came in perfectly, in the right position.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 12:55 pm

I had my swsdom teeth taken out when I was 18. I was in heaven the three days after I had them removed because I was on pain killers. The morning that I had to go back to school, I had this massive headache and I really didn't want to go back for different reasons.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 1:01 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Irulan wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

:D :D :D

Mine are in the right position only because of the braces I used to wear as a teen. My upper teeth, at least - the ones in my lower gum are quite crooked.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 1:03 pm

Irulan wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Irulan wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

:D :D :D

Mine are in the right position only because of the braces I used to wear as a teen. My upper teeth, at least - the ones in my lower gum are quite crooked.

I have braces right now. But I don't have brackets on my wisdom teeth. Why are they called wisdom teeth again?