Page 277 of 279 [ 4462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 274, 275, 276, 277, 278, 279  Next

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 3:18 am

goldfish21 wrote:
But I'd bet a dollar he just got pissed off and decided to log off for a while.

Hope all is well.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 8:51 am

I'm back now, yeh I got very angry about the whole "Americans deserve Trump" thing (which frankly I still strongly disagree with that notion). I guess today's politics is bringing out the worst in everybody, including me.

I apologize.

belijojo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 10:48 am

^hug

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 11:12 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
I'm back now, yeh I got very angry about the whole "Americans deserve Trump" thing (which frankly I still strongly disagree with that notion). I guess today's politics is bringing out the worst in everybody, including me.

I apologize.

Welcome back, RDF! :)

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 11:14 am

Thank you. :)

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 11:16 am

Welcome back!

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 11:23 am

Thanks.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 11:29 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

You are one of my fave members, RDF, please stay this time around.

I still remember when you were DeathFlowerKing :king:

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 11:33 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

I'm going to work harder on not taking things on the internet so personal. I promise. :heart:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 11:34 am

Hi. :D Wondered where you went! :D

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 11:38 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Hi. :D Wondered where you went! :D

Into a deep, dark place. Where I had to do some personal soul searching. :jester:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 11:40 am

RedDeathFlower13 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
RedDeathFlower13 wrote:

I'm going to work harder on not taking things on the internet so personal. I promise. :heart:

I am glad to hear that from you, RDF! :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 1:52 pm

Welcome back.

There are some political things here that piss me off here. I might be branded by some people here as far-right because of a few beliefs I have especially about life issues and the protection of all life. That's no reason for me to change my avatar or to leave.

RedDeathFlower13
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 3:08 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Welcome back.

There are some political things here that piss me off here. I might be branded by some people here as far-right because of a few beliefs I have especially about life issues and the protection of all life. That's no reason for me to change my avatar or to leave.

I personally think there's nothing wrong with being proud of your German heritage as long as it's not the part that involves Nazism. There's much more to Germany's rich history and culture than that ugly part of their history

And I feel this same way as an American Southerner who doesn't like the Confederacy at all but I refuse to let that ugly pary of our history define my whole heritage. There's much more to the south than the stupid American Civil War.

Never let anybody make you feel ashamed of what you are I say. :)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 3:52 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Welcome back.

It's mostly right-wing parties that embrace antiabortion positions, but the broader pro-life position isn't an inherently right-wing, or far right. Like, aren't opposition to war, the death penalty and killing animals for human use all pro-life stances? People who take a consistent life ethnic stance like that don't tend to get welcomed fondly in a lot of right-wing circles.

Picking on the NSDAP for a moment, they only opposed Aryan women aborting healthy pregnancies. They were pro-abortion when it came to potential birth defects, and for non-Aryans. They were also pro-murdering all sorts of born people for all sorts of reasons. They most certainly weren't pro-life by any definition.

Quote:
Those targeted for murder under Nazi eugenics policies were largely people living in private and state-operated institutions, identified as "life unworthy of life" (Lebensunwertes Leben). They included prisoners, degenerates, dissidents, and people with congenital cognitive and physical disabilities (Erbkranken) – people who were considered to be feeble-minded. In fact being diagnosed with "feeblemindedness" (German: Schwachsinn) was the main label approved in forced sterilization, which included people who were diagnosed by a doctor as, or otherwise seemed to be:

• Epileptic
  • Schizophrenic
  • Manic-depressive (now known as bipolar)
  • Suffering from Cerebral palsy or muscular dystrophy
  • Deaf and/or blind
  • Homosexual or "transvestites" (which at the time was used to refer to intersex and transgender people, particularly trans women)
  • Anyone else considered to be idle, insane, and/or weak as per "feeblemindedness"

Discomfort with abortion is pretty common across the political spectrum. It's mostly a question of whether or not banning access to it is morally sound, as well as who's rights are required to take priority.

The right seems to largely be antiabortion, not because they believe life is sacred but instead because they find those lives useful. I'd argue genuine pro-life motives make one less far-right, not more.

I think it would be unfair to brand you as far-right because of your pro-life position. People mistake that and the German fanboy tendencies as reflective of much more when you're too motivated by compassion to fit well with the far-right.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2024, 3:56 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Welcome back.

It's okay, CR.

I am often othered for being a man, seemingly, by certain members and certain assumptions seem to be made which aren't true.

I know you aren't far-right and it is perfectly fine to have a pro-life belief. Your personality is pleasant and compassionate, so I wouldn't change your avatar or leave, just yet. :)