Voice characteristics / unusual voices + chatting to friends

Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 2:51 pm

Listened to the audio sample Tequila, you've got a Northen accent like me Dad, it has a really good tone and clear.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 8:27 pm

That's great. As long as people don't come back saying that I sound like a Mexican, I'm not too bothered. :D

diseased
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2006, 9:42 pm

semi-monotone mid-lower baritone.
I have, apparently, no immediately discernable accent, unless I've had a few beers, then you hear a bit of Texas.
Been told more than once that I should be on late-night radio.
Also been told more than once, when I was doing tech support via phone that I speak very rapidly. Part of that was the 3 liters of Mt Dew I was drinking per day and the other part is that I HAVE to speak fast in order for my mouth to keep pace with my brain.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2006, 4:40 pm

diseased wrote:
semi-monotone mid-lower baritone.
I have, apparently, no immediately discernable accent, unless I've had a few beers, then you hear a bit of Texas.
Been told more than once that I should be on late-night radio.
Also been told more than once, when I was doing tech support via phone that I speak very rapidly. Part of that was the 3 liters of Mt Dew I was drinking per day and the other part is that I HAVE to speak fast in order for my mouth to keep pace with my brain.

I know the feeling! Where your brain is going so fast and you cannot talk fast enough to keep up! My Mother often complains about this in me.

rincemeister
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Nov 2006, 11:08 am

When I was a lot younger I used to get other kids telling me that my voice is high-pitched or that I talked funny. So to this day, I hate the sound of my own voice. Hearing myself on tape is kinda like my phobia.

Now days, I get told that I have an unusual accent, and people want to know where I'm from. They mostly think I'm American. I'm told that I roll my "R's" very unlike a Londoner.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 1:27 pm

rincemeister wrote:
When I was a lot younger I used to get other kids telling me that my voice is high-pitched or that I talked funny. So to this day, I hate the sound of my own voice. Hearing myself on tape is kinda like my phobia.

Now days, I get told that I have an unusual accent, and people want to know where I'm from. They mostly think I'm American. I'm told that I roll my "R's" very unlike a Londoner.

My Mother dislikes my voice... :P High-pitched voices are OK just so long as they're not too squeaky. Tapes distort your voice due to the magnetic fields on the tape not aligning properly, so what you hear on the tape is not much like your real voice, so don't worry!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2006, 4:18 pm

I have a very hard time rolling my Rs.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2006, 12:41 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I have a very hard time rolling my Rs.

It seems to alternate with me - sometimes I can do it very well, other times, impossible!

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 12:22 am

you may be interested to read this topic too:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/modules.php? ... 46&start=0