Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 9:38 pm

I always sit curled up in my chair (it's a somewhat large desk chair), imagine how dogs sleep in chairs, this is about how i sit. Any way, any one else sit in an odd way?

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 9:48 pm

Can't. My chairs are too small but if I could, I might try.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 9:50 pm

Right now I'm hardly even sitting in my chair. In fact, this is an EXTREMELY awkward position now that I think about it. I'm partly leaning on my desk, partly sitting in my chair, but my legs are extended and I'm turned to the side a little bit. My chair is facing perpendicular to the direction it should be. If, however, I was not alone right now, I would probably not be sitting like this.

I can't believe I'm actually doing this, but here's a visual diagram.

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 9:52 pm

Sammich, that looks painful! 8O

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 9:54 pm

SammichEater wrote:
Right now I'm hardly even sitting in my chair. In fact, this is an EXTREMELY awkward position now that I think about it. I'm partly leaning on my desk, partly sitting in my chair, but my legs are extended and I'm turned to the side a little bit. My chair is facing perpendicular to the direction it should be. If, however, I was not alone right now, I would probably not be sitting like this.

I sit like that at times, although it can be rather hard to get back in my chair (my chair has wheels and rolls back when i try to).

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 10:10 pm

Titangeek wrote:
I sit like that at times, although it can be rather hard to get back in my chair (my chair has wheels and rolls back when i try to).

I know what you mean. :lol: Luckily the coefficient of friction on the wheels of my chair is rather high, so I don't usually have a problem.

littlelily613 wrote:

No, it's actually extremely comfortable. It's just like laying in bed, although I'm slanted upwards and leaning on my desk a little bit.

Usually, I sit somewhat like this. Is this what you mean by being curled up in your chair?

Last edited by SammichEater on 22 Aug 2011, 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tuttle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 10:11 pm

I sometimes sit cross legged, sometimes sit with my legs pulled up to the side with a blanket wrapped around me, preferably leaning sideways into the corner of a chair or couch.

I think how I sit given a couch might be similar to your description of how a dog sleeps.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 10:12 pm

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 10:16 pm

SammichEater wrote:
Is this what you mean by being curled up in your chair?

Nope. I sit sort of like the lady in Jory's pic, only slightly on my side, leaning on the armrest.

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 11:22 pm

SammichEater wrote:
littlelily613 wrote:

No, it's actually extremely comfortable. It's just like laying in bed, although I'm slanted upwards and leaning on my desk a little bit.

I have a feeling if I had my back at the angle on the tip of the chair like that...I would soon be in the flat-on-my-back position on the floor! LOL

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

23 Aug 2011, 1:01 am

I have three primary places where I sit.

1. On my bed, propped up with all my pillows.
2. Cross-legged on one of our recliners.
3. At the dining room table.

Everything else is secondary.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 1:15 am

Since I was a child I always sit with my knees up in front of me (like Jory). Even when I eat. My mom used to get very angry about this, saying that it wasn't lady-like. She used to put me in a very narrow chair and scoot it up under the table so far that my stomach was touching the table throughout dinner. Haha! Even then, I would inevitably forget, swiftly lift a knee and topple everyone's drinks. As an adult, I make do with sitting cross-legged on planes and in restaurants, because you can't see it under the table. I mostly just don't like my legs to be below hip-level when I am at rest. It makes sense from a physiological standpoint too you know. Without muscular stimulation, venus return decreases and blood pools in the legs.

Freak-Z
Toucan
Toucan

23 Aug 2011, 7:14 am

SammichEater wrote:

:lol: I do this all the time.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 8:19 am

Indian/pretzel style. My chair is small and so it's difficult or not the most comfortable, but I feel the need to always have something in my lap and my legs like this or drawn up to my knees is most natural. My clothing style doesn't allow sitting with knees drawn up unless I'm alone.

But I hate sitting. I would rather be laying down or standing any day.