Proof that aspies can have successful relationships

Page 10 of 12 [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 8:13 pm

^^^^^

I always assumed you came from a middle class background not sure why perhaps ? it's the Nintendo the platform of choice of white middle income Americans and their equivalent, (bratty lameoids) so naturally been poor I went for Sega $30 ++ extra for a 1 st console was a lot of money for a trailer trash child, luckily Sega is cheap and awesome . :wink:

Since your a gamer have you met such a strange person that loves both platforms (I haven't )

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 8:18 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
^^^^^

I always assumed you came from a middle class background not sure why perhaps ? it's the Nintendo the platform of choice of white middle income Americans and their equivalent, (bratty lameoids) so naturally been poor I went for Sega $30 ++ extra for a 1 st console was a lot of money for a trailer trash child, luckily Sega is cheap and awesome . :wink:

Since your a gamer have you met such a strange person that loves both platforms (I haven't )

I am middle class.
And I paid for my games myself with my job money and won the rest because I was good at colouring in competitions. I like most platforms.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 8:22 pm

Thats nice you like Sega , I wish they still did hardware :cry:

Easterbunnyergers
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Sep 2011, 10:09 pm

I have five kids one with Asperger's and was married for 18 years. Hard to believe

Thom_Fuleri
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 11:55 am

aussiebloke wrote:
Aspie men can never have a successful relationship they'll never be Mr $ight how can they be they do not care for materiel success these materially successful aspie males are only doing it for the following reasons could their be any other reasons?

1.Their trying to stick it to some one perhaps their many teachers and family members who told them they would grow up to be an abject failure or a jail bird I'm to decent for that sort of nonsense.

2.They have horrendously expensive and time consuming and in my eyes pointless special interests like cars or women.

Many reasons. These two are not that common (there are a lot of people doing #2, but they aren't usually as rich as they make out).

3. Some entrepeneurs make lots of money because they want to. The money itself is nice, but it's largely there to keep score. They run their businesses, as big and successful as they can, because they enjoy the challenge.

4. Being rich is being financially independent. If you've got millions, you need never work again - though you probably will. It's a very different thing to work because you want to rather than because you have to.

5. Raising large sums of money for particular causes (usually charities).

6. In some cases, it isn't even what they're aiming for but incidental. It's like a musician that loves to write music, and suddenly has a big hit - the money is nice, but it's not the goal. It's the music. He'll keep writing whether he makes money or not.

I'm not rich (yet) but I'm definitely in category #4. After which I'll drift into #3.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:28 pm

What is a category 4 rich is that something you've made up on the spot or does this jargon exist in the underground business world ?

I 'm guessing category 4 is comfortably well off A$75,00- $100000 a year. category 3 upper middle class $150,000 ++ ++

# 2 Rich say millions a year and

# 1 Bill gates rich .

Am I close ?

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:43 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
What is a category 4 rich is that something you've made up on the spot or does this jargon exist in the underground business world ?

I 'm guessing category 4 is comfortably well off A$75,00- $100000 a year. category 3 upper middle class $150,000 ++ ++

# 1 Bill gates rich .

Am I close ?

Your category really depends on where you live, in southern California US$150,000 is definitely middle-middle class.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:50 pm

Grisha wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

# 1 Bill gates rich .

Am I close ?

Your category really depends on where you live, in southern California US$150,000 is definitely middle-middle class.

So how does a min wage person live in Sth Calfornia , with Mommy I suppose ? :cheers: to Mommy

Last edited by aussiebloke on 12 Sep 2011, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

galvatron
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Sep 2011, 8:00 pm

Good for all of you, but just because it worked out for you does not mean it ever will for me. I'm 29 and I have never had any girl genuinely interested in me even once in my entire life.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 8:51 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
Grisha wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

# 1 Bill gates rich .

Am I close ?

So how does a min wage person live in Sth Calfornia , with Mommy I suppose ? :cheers: to Mommy

I worked for minimum wage for a number of years with no parents to fall back on. I survived by having more roomates than I was comfortable with in areas that were less than desirable (to say the least).

It was a strong motivator to get my act together though - I think the American economy is driven largely by fear of homelessness... :wink:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 9:29 pm

Grisha wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
Grisha wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

# 1 Bill gates rich .

Am I close ?

I worked for minimum wage for a number of years with no parents to fall back on. I survived by having more roomates than I was comfortable with in areas that were less than desirable (to say the least).

It was a strong motivator to get my act together though - I think the American economy is driven largely by fear of homelessness... :wink:

Well yes will America ever change it's ways admit perhaps in some instances the American way ain't all it's cracked up to be it doesn't have to look to France or Germany that would be to radical what about Switzerland ? you can get universal healthcare their and as far as I'm aware nobody fears of homelessness I even got disability their even though I never contributed a cent in taxes their

Switzerland also never has a unemployment problem or a competitiveness one ether often at that top or near the top of the tables

I some how doubt it some of the Republicans policy's their are even scarier than their hair* what sort of person says social security is nothing more than a ponzi scheme?

*every presidential debate looks like a bachorlette (tv show) casting oily hair and even greasier platitudes love me love me I'm outgoing , :eew:

I'd like to see a presidential candidate without creepy hair does such a person exist :wink: (bye bye one term not so creepy haired one term Obama) 8O

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 10:11 pm

aussiebloke wrote:
Grisha wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
Grisha wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:

# 1 Bill gates rich .

Am I close ?

Well yes will America ever change it's ways admit perhaps in some instances the American
way ain't all it's cracked up to be it doesn't have to look to France or Germany that would be to radical what about Switzerland ? you can get universal healthcare their and as far as I'm aware nobody fears of homelessness I even got disability their even though I never contributed a cent in taxes their

Switzerland also never has a unemployment problem or a competitiveness one ether often at that top or near the top of the tables

I some how doubt it some of the Republicans policy's their are even scarier than their hair* what sort of person says social security is nothing more than a ponzi scheme?

*every presidential debate looks like a bachorlette (tv show) casting oily hair and even greasier platitudes love me love me I'm outgoing , :eew:

I'd like to see a presidential candidate without creepy hair does such a person exist :wink:
(bye bye one term not so creepy haired one term Obama) 8O

You have to understand that 50% (ironically the poorer half) of the population literally threatens armed insurrection whenever anything resembling a European-style social safety net is proposed, and this will not change in my lifetime. I have adapted to this environment and my activist days are behind me.

However, I believe that it is unwise to discount the political saavy of President Obama - I believe that (thankfully) he will win another term which will allow him to pursue a more aggressive reform agenda than he could accomplish in the first one.

You heard it here first. 8)

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 10:13 pm

^^^

we shall wait and see :)

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 10:45 pm

Thom_Fuleri wrote:
aussiebloke wrote:
Aspie men can never have a successful relationship they'll never be Mr $ight how can they be they do not care for materiel success these materially successful aspie males are only doing it for the following reasons could their be any other reasons?

1.Their trying to stick it to some one perhaps their many teachers and family members who told them they would grow up to be an abject failure or a jail bird I'm to decent for that sort of nonsense.

2.They have horrendously expensive and time consuming and in my eyes pointless special interests like cars or women.

Many reasons. These two are not that common (there are a lot of people doing #2, but they aren't usually as rich as they make out).

3. Some entrepeneurs make lots of money because they want to. The money itself is nice, but it's largely there to keep score. They run their businesses, as big and successful as they can, because they enjoy the challenge.

4. Being rich is being financially independent. If you've got millions, you need never work again - though you probably will. It's a very different thing to work because you want to rather than because you have to.

5. Raising large sums of money for particular causes (usually charities).

6. In some cases, it isn't even what they're aiming for but incidental. It's like a musician that loves to write music, and suddenly has a big hit - the money is nice, but it's not the goal. It's the music. He'll keep writing whether he makes money or not.

I'm not rich (yet) but I'm definitely in category #4. After which I'll drift into #3.

Yep. This is quite true I think of most entrepreneurs. I'm somewhere between #4 and #6. Just started a business with two NTs who make up for areas I lack (people skills and law). We're doing it because we love our business, and yeah we'd like to make a living at it, but that will be incidental.

Thom_Fuleri
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2011, 11:00 am

aussiebloke wrote:

No no. Much simpler than that. I numbered several reasons for becoming rich, and said mine would be #4.

Someone famous once said that you can never be too thin or too rich. A big reason why wanting to be "rich" seldom gets anywhere is that it's too vague - rich is a relative term. Having a million pound - that's a target.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 9:23 pm

No they can't according to one aspie female member the men at the meet |ups either irritated her or aroused her self pity , which sounds like a fair assessment to me, so which one are you :wink:

I'm both! I

I've accepted it and moved on (long time ago)