Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Tica
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Aug 2011, 4:17 pm

It is hard enough to find a good man let alone one that can accept me for who i am. I have male friends but there is no romantic chemistry. As much as i enjoy each of their friendships i can't help but wonder if i will find a man. Well i continue to be friends and hope for the best. What should i do?

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 4:22 pm

I wonder how long it will take for someone to post something about how women have it so much easier than men?

Edit: Sorry, OP, I was too busy making a cynical comment to offer you any advice. I think the advice below about continuing to make friends is good; the wider your social circle, the more likely you are to meet people you may be compatible with. Also, even if you get frustrated with how long it takes to meet someone, try not to get tempted to settle for someone who doesn't treat you well or who you don't get along with.

Last edited by blueroses on 23 Aug 2011, 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Troy_Guther
Toucan
Toucan

23 Aug 2011, 4:26 pm

Tica wrote:
It is hard enough to find a good man let alone one that can accept me for who i am. I have male friends but there is no romantic chemistry. As much as i enjoy each of their friendships i can't help but wonder if i will find a man. Well i continue to be friends and hope for the best. What should i do?

Just keep making new friends, and make sure to hang around them relatively often. Also, reach out towards guys with a phone call once in a while or something like that. We get tired from pursuing all the time, and most welcome the break. :D

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 4:32 pm

Well, the good news is women have it SO much easier than men, so you're bound to find the right one any time now. :lol:

[sorry, couldn't resist!]

MountZion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2011, 4:33 pm

Well, it's hard for everyone. It takes a while to get the ones we want in our life.......

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 4:40 pm

AngelRho wrote:
Well, the good news is women have it SO much easier than men, so you're bound to find the right one any time now. :lol:

Lol. See? Just took a few minutes. :lol:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 4:45 pm

It's time to drink wine, fella.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 4:47 pm

AngelRho wrote:

Sorry I cant resist to point out that generalizations about the opposite gender are against this site rules, you can read about this part of the rules on a sticky at the top of this section.

As for this generalization a couple of weeks ago I replied to it with a post that explained that while females may have an easier time finding a date the struggle to find a suitable partner is similar if not worse(some of them begin to wonder if theres something wrong with them) and the poster that mentioned this generalization just avoided my comment.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 4:52 pm

I'm pretty sure AngelRho was just joking around and poking fun at people who do make those generalizations.

OP, sorry for derailing your thread a little.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 5:00 pm

blueroses wrote:
I'm pretty sure AngelRho was just joking around and poking fun at people who do make those generalizations.

OP, sorry for derailing your thread a little.

He may have been joking around but Ive seen too many of this generalizations lately and I think that they arent helpfull(if anyone wants to discuss about this Im more than open to do it publicly or over a pm) so Im trying to remind anyone using them that they are against the TOS for a while before I start to send proper warnings.

As for the OP have you considered internet dating?. The results are mixed but there are some people that have found a soulmate online so I think that it may be worth a try.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

Thom_Fuleri
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 5:16 pm

Returning to the topic...

Tica wrote:

I'm not clear from your username whether you're male or female, but as a guy who likes guys I can tell you that finding a man is dead easy. Finding a good man is harder. Finding a good man who wants to make a serious go at things with you - yeesh, that's tough. The only way to do it is to keep trying. I kissed (...and more...) a lot of frogs before I found a prince.

But the thing is... I didn't realise at the time it would become serious. Don't look for love. Look for a good time, and if that's all you get from it - hey, it was just fun. It'll turn more serious if you're compatible. I took a chance on someone ten years ago and here we are, still together, with a cat and a mortgage.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 5:22 pm

Quote:
I kissed (...and more...) a lot of frogs before I found a prince.

Male frogs usually woo their females with a 70s disco music.

Frog song : http://blogs.discovery.com/files/frog-song.mp3

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8zuqsqdCAQ&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

NOW I know why this song makes people go jumpy! Woooohooo!!

cinbad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2011, 6:03 pm

I have been depressed all day...thank you for cheering me up with that song!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 6:15 pm

"Finding a man is tough"

Translation:

"Finding a man - one who is sensitive, caring, fashionable, submissive, supportive, cheerful, fun, and sociable; who is not going to hit on my attractive friends and relatives, not going to flirt with strangers, not going to object when I flirt with others, not going to try to live off my income, not just interested in me for sex, and not ever even imply that I might be putting on weight; who likes babies, cats, poetry, horses, long walks, cuddling, "chick-flicks", weddings, baby showers, bridal showers, shopping, and gossip; and who is not gay (not that there is anything wrong with that) - is tough.

You're welcome!

:twisted:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 23 Aug 2011, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 6:16 pm

Tica wrote:
It is hard enough to find a good man let alone one that can accept me for who i am. I have male friends but there is no romantic chemistry.

What's wrong with dating one of those male friends? That is, if they showed interest in doing so. When you're turning down men who are right there in front of you, the "hard to find a man" argument is hard to sympathize (or is it empathize?) with. Hence, all those "women have it easier" posts you said you didn't like. And what is "chemistry", anyway?

I never understood the concept of chemistry, never applied it to my dating life, and when people ask me, I always tell them: "the only chemistry I believe in is C2H5OH" (that's the molecular formula of alcohol). The joke makes fun of the fact that it's easier to feel "chemistry" while drunk.

MountZion
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2011, 6:29 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Tica wrote:
It is hard enough to find a good man let alone one that can accept me for who i am. I have male friends but there is no romantic chemistry.

What's wrong with dating one of those male friends? That is, if they showed interest in doing so. When you're turning down men who are right there in front of you, the "hard to find a man" argument is hard to sympathize (or is it empathize?) with. Hence, all those "women have it easier" posts you said you didn't like. And what is "chemistry", anyway?

I never understood the concept of chemistry, never applied it to my dating life, and when people ask me, I always tell them: "the only chemistry I believe in is C2H5OH" (that's the molecular formula of alcohol). The joke makes fun of the fact that it's easier to feel "chemistry" while drunk.

If you don't understand the concept of chemistry in terms of dating life, then you will find it quite difficult to empathize with what Tica is saying. See, I have always been single, but I can never really complain about my state, because even though I'm not where I want to be in my life yet, I have had some interest from girls. The problem is, I didn't really want to date them, so I didn't. Simply for that reason, I have a very very very very very small understanding of what it must be like for a girl to find it difficult to get a man, even though they have interest form men they themselves don't have an interest in. As I've learnt, it's as difficult for them as it is for I to date someone you're not interested in. So I can empathize, although I to a degree can understand why you don't

Some girls just have no sexual interest in their male friends, otherwise, they would only be friends temporarily. That's just how it is really. Hard to swallow, but hey.....