Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Cruz
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Aug 2011, 6:19 pm

Howdy folks! I found this place a while back. I had been looking through several different aspergian forums, but when I saw the words "wrong planet", I didn't have to think twice about it. I could never have come up with a more perfect name.

I've been rather reluctant to actually post much of anything for several reasons, though. mainly because I've never been a social person even online, where I've spent most of my life XD

But also because I was still trying to figure out just what aspergers means and if I actually belong to the spectrum. I've never had the means for a diagnoses, but I found a page on aspergers one day quite randomly(I had an odd flashback of watching Becker when I was little. the secretary was making fun of the name because it sounded like ass burgers... and since I can't stand not knowing something, I just had to find out what these strange ass burgers might be!), and it seemed as if I was reading my own instruction manual. It was refreshing and terrifying all at once, but I feel as if I'm about to start writing an autobiography, so I'll cut myself off right there and save it for another time.

Still, I was surprised once again when I came here and started reading the things people have to say about anything at all. I came here expecting to find a whole forum full of...well, me. I originally intended to use the place as a tool to easily find things that interest me on the internet...but that's how I learned that aspergers isn't like some sort of mold that makes all people the same way, nor is it like belonging to a family of people who are too similar to you. people here are as unique and diverse as you will find anywhere else. at first that was a bit disapointing to me, not finding a bunch of brains just like my own, but I quickly realized how horrible that expectation was! because if there was a bunch of me's running around....well, that would be quite disastrous for the world indeed :twisted:

And that's also why I've chosen to stay and contribute, instead of trying to use the website as some sort of tool.

So, without further ranting...

Hello, Wrong Planet! I exist, so hear me-
...okay, I don't roar, but you might just hear something if you listen hard enough!

Tamsin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2011, 6:54 pm

Cruz wrote:

I've been rather reluctant to actually post much of anything for several reasons, though. mainly because I've never been a social person even online, where I've spent most of my life XD

I can totally relate to that. Even posting this simple message is kinda tough for me 'cause I always worry about people judging me and half the time I can never think of anything to say. But enough about me. Welcome! Hope you enjoy the site:)

Cruz
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Aug 2011, 7:26 pm

Tamsin wrote:

I can totally relate to that. Even posting this simple message is kinda tough for me 'cause I always worry about people judging me and half the time I can never think of anything to say. But enough about me. Welcome! Hope you enjoy the site:)

Aye. I've always had a problem with thinking too far ahead in terms of cause and effect. I'm incredibly indecisive because I try to calculate the entire butterfly effect of every little thing..especially since I have a tendency to be misunderstood with everything I say, so I have to add in even more variables according to the ways people might wrongly interpret any message. I can't stand the idea of people thinking I said something I didn't, or thinking I didn't say something that I did. But I suppose that's the "literal" aspect of my mind. Any sort of misinformation registers as a great injustice in the universe to me.

That's another reason why I became so antisocial on the internet, because when I was younger I just HAD to argue with everybody because so many people were wrong about so many things, but so few people could get past their pride and accept that they are wrong about something, so no matter how clearly and exactly you explain something, they just couldn't see it or simply didn't want to.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 8:09 pm

There's nothing wrong with arguing over the internet if you're right. :wink:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 8:15 pm

Welcome to WP!

glasscasket
Snowy Owl