Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2023, 9:29 pm

^^For me, the diagnosis came from a psychiatrist. He diagnosed me with motor tic disorder as I don't have any vocal tics.

In my opinion, I think a neurologist would be better to assess tics and diagnose if it's warranted. This is because I don't believe that tics and Tourette's are psychiatric conditions.

I've taken haloperidol for over 10 years. When I first started taking it, my neck and legs stiffened up - some sort of dystonia. But the effect disappeared after a few days. Since then I've had no problem.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2023, 3:19 pm

I always think tourettes syndrome must be really exhausting to have. A friend of mine had adhd and tourettes. It was really severe for him. He could suppress it for a certain length of time and then all hell would break loose.

CheckerboardStrangler
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Oct 2023, 5:44 pm

babybird wrote:
I always think tourettes syndrome must be really exhausting to have. A friend of mine had adhd and tourettes. It was really severe for him. He could suppress it for a certain length of time and then all hell would break loose.

I have to agree because I had a heart attack on June 7th and the first thing I noticed was that I didn't have enough surplus energy for tics, although I've been exercising a lot since then to get as much back as possible.

But yes, it can be tiring! Today is one of those crappy days and I barely have the energy to stay awake.