Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The Aspie Perspective When Defined as A Perspective Is?
Correct Universally At Times or More.. 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
False Universally At Times or More. 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 2

ci
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 12:05 am

What is an aspie? I've been told that is what I am. But wait a moment I don't want to be called something I didn't choose and that includes autistic. Also when some others tell others about the aspie perspective why didn't they consult me first? Is it not true the aspie in this context of a hardened perspective may be a political view I or others don't necessarily share? Is that anti-culture to disagree with something most of the time I am unaware of yet I am told I am an aspie yet never conformed to it?

That's why I call the aspie concept a social-clique phraseology. Something I'm wary of like many other things. It takes time to trust it and to figure it out. As far as an autism culture aside from this aspie title I've been told it exists but a culture to me among the same kinds of people need be more universal since it is multi-national in proclamation. So in theory an autism culture is not a set of ideals per say but a set of common behavioral manifestions. Other then this to me their is no central autism culture but advocacy styles and beliefs within those styles. There are autism social and political themes but to me their is no official autism culture other then a few groups proclaiming the such in which none of which exist in my life.

Let's discuss what a aspie perspective is.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 2:49 am

My Aspie perspective on this post is that it makes very little sense.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 2:59 am

In a way that was the intent. I do not grasp the aspie perspective when it is claimed as a collective perspective. Yet I believe you understood my intents by saying "your" aspie perspective. The post and the poll were simply constructed to make a point.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

Davuardo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Aug 2011, 3:15 am

I don't mean to be rude, but could you explain this in simpler English?

Don't get me wrong, plenty of people will understand this, perhaps those people are your only market for this post, but it would make it easier for me(and I'm sure others too) to understand and discuss if you re-explained it.

I think I understand this post, but I'm scared to comment unless I go in completely the wrong direction, which happens quite frequently...

Apparently it's ethically incorrect to possess people...

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 3:26 am

Davuardo wrote:

Don't get me wrong, plenty of people will understand this, perhaps those people are your only market for this post, but it would make it easier for me(and I'm sure others too) to understand and discuss if you re-explained it.

I think I understand this post, but I'm scared to comment unless I go in completely the wrong direction, which happens quite frequently...

Davuardo, I have tried to tell this person that he makes no sense with his convoluted english and that he should attempt to make his word choices simpler. A good response hasn't been forthcoming.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 3:27 am

I think people say the aspie perspective is a certain way of thinking for political reasons as a form of peer pressure politics at times. Sometimes it has to do with abortion politics, pride and confrontations with certain types of autism groups. I just think defining an aspie perspective as a whole is a mistake as it makes the innocent initial meaning of "aspie" as something political rather then strictly social to theme a way of fitting in.

Last edited by ci on 28 Aug 2011, 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 3:30 am

Gedrene wrote:
Davuardo wrote:

Davuardo, I have tried to tell this person that he makes no sense with his convoluted english and that he should attempt to make his word choices simpler. A good response hasn't been forthcoming.

I think you should stay out of the posts I make with your constant desires to bicker with me when others simply are communicating and not putting down how I articulate and asking me to explain. If it was just as simple with you it would have been respectful.

AtticusKane
Toucan
Toucan

28 Aug 2011, 3:41 am

ci wrote:
I think people say the aspie perspective is a certain way of thinking for political reasons as a form of peer pressure politics at times. Sometimes it has to do with abortion politics, pride and confrontations with certain types of autism groups. I just think defining an aspie perspective as a whole is a mistake as it makes the innocent initial meaning of "aspie" as something political rather then strictly social to theme a way of fitting in.

I think I know what you mean (tho I have to say it isn't easy). It's hard not to politicize it, in a world where power games control everything. But ultimately yes, it is a mistake in the grand scheme of things, because to define a solidified perspective, especially with political intent, would diminish the true nature of our existence, in a way.

But then the same applies to every other human subgenre.

Edit: And perhaps that is the aspie perspective. That we are hard-wired to see through the power games and general human bulls**t; the one defining universal feature. Why we are less likely to be comfortable faking it to fit in than, say, a sociopath, is that we have more of a relationship with our emotional core; we feel emotions just as strongly or likely more strongly than many neurotypicals. Even if in markedly different ways. And that is our evolutionary edge.

Anyway. Enough idealistic madness for one post :P

Last edited by AtticusKane on 28 Aug 2011, 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 3:43 am

ci wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
Davuardo wrote:

I think you should stay out of the posts I make with your constant desires to bicker with me when others simply are communicating and not putting down how I articulate and asking me to explain. If it was just as simple with you it would have been respectful.

I said you were hard to decipher and you can't even accept that! I should make it clear to anyone else reading this thread that this man has an obsession with always describing me in fanciful negative terms whenever I mark out one of his actual flaws, like saying I have a constant desire to bicker with him, although I must say that someone else was on the most interesting receiving end when ci called them satan and a caveman.

Saying you are hard to understand isn't disrespectful. Two other guys have already said it on this thread and they are the only other posters except for you! All I said extra is that after telling you about your need to improve your communication skills that you didn't change. You only speak clearer when you're trying to attack me or pick a fight, which can only mean that the reason you talk less intelligibly than a British Rail announcer is because you think it sounds better.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 3:47 am

"makes no sense with his convoluted english"

Quite with the nonsense Mr. G. It's a waste of time with me and you should realize this. I'ts old and has been old for some time your attempts to pick at me and keep doing it and not being constructive. If you have a specific question about what I articulate then do so. Otherwise declaring it convoluted is an insult.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 3:50 am

AtticusKane wrote:
ci wrote:

I think I know what you mean (tho I have to say it isn't easy). It's hard not to politicize it, in a world where power games control everything. But ultimately yes, it is a mistake in the grand scheme of things, because to define a solidified perspective, especially with political intent, would diminish the true nature of our existence, in a way.

The proclaimed aspie perspective does have an effect in unrelated matters. I think it's important not to allow anyone to declare my and others minds thoughts as anything unless they know for sure.

AtticusKane
Toucan
Toucan

28 Aug 2011, 3:58 am

ci wrote:
AtticusKane wrote:

The proclaimed aspie perspective does have an effect in unrelated matters. I think it's important not to allow anyone to declare my and others minds thoughts as anything unless they know for sure.

Yes that's true, but there must be something we can agree on as defining what it is to be an aspie, since you decided to don the label. ALSO go read my edit ^^^

ci
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 4:02 am

"Edit: And perhaps that is the aspie perspective. That we are hard-wired to see through the power games and general human bulls**t; the one defining universal feature. Why we are less likely to be comfortable faking it to fit in than, say, a sociopath, is that we have more of a relationship with our emotional core; we feel emotions just as strongly or likely more strongly than many neurotypicals. Even if in markedly different ways. And that is our evolutionary edge. "

Anyway. Enough idealistic madness for one post "

---

i have spent a great amount of time observing how others behave. In my public relations job I take what has worked for other people group types and combine it with other ideas. I understand what your saying and it takes a perspective of thinking out of the box. Yet from experience not everyone with autism is even interest in the social realities of others. Some can be quite restrictive even more then myself. In how the world works power, control and so on are part of the mechanisms of survival and to simply seek to do the same as them so simply surviving in the cycle of typical human behavior.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 4:04 am

ci wrote:

Quite with the nonsense Mr. G. It's a waste of time with me and you should realize this. I'ts old and has been old for some time your attempts to pick at me and keep doing it and not being constructive. If you have a specific question about what I articulate then do so. Otherwise declaring it convoluted is an insult.

Telling the truth isn't an insult. :/ Also I find that hard to fathom coming from a guy who has called people cavemen, trash and satan why he would push that point.

AtticusKane
Toucan
Toucan

28 Aug 2011, 4:10 am

ci wrote:

i have spent a great amount of time observing how others behave. In my public relations job I take what has worked for other people group types and combine it with other ideas. I understand what your saying and it takes a perspective of thinking out of the box. Yet from experience not everyone with autism is even interest in the social realities of others. Some can be quite restrictive even more then myself. In how the world works power, control and so on are part of the mechanisms of survival and to simply seek to do the same as them so simply surviving in the cycle of typical human behavior.

Well. Break the cycle. Smash the state. Anarchy for the future. All that jazz

ci
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2011, 4:12 am

Gedrene wrote:
ci wrote:

Telling the truth isn't an insult. :/ Also I find that hard to fathom coming from a guy who has called people cavemen, trash and satan why he would push that point.

Making things up as you go I see yet again. Move on..