private grants/government grants

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

User avatar

Joined: 11 May 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 32

28 Aug 2011, 7:57 am

Does anyone know of grants that you can apply for to help with Aspergers therapy? My son has behavioral, speech, OT, and PT therapy. Even with health insurance, it is getting expensive,


User avatar

Joined: 7 Aug 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 343
Location: Canada

29 Aug 2011, 12:49 pm

Sorry, I only know about Canada. Here, if you have a psychologist's or physician's diagnosis of autism, you can get a disability grant. I don't know how easy it is to get it for Asperger's, since we haven't applied yet, but the psychologist who did the assessment is going to fill out the forms for us.