Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Psychlone
Veteran
Veteran

magic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2005, 5:23 am

Oh, no! Red Alert! I can't say that Enterprise was the best Star Trek series, but without it we would be left with reruns only. How will we survive?! :(

Laynie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Feb 2005, 8:35 am

oh no! We bought basic cable to be able to watch that. I love Star Trek. All Star Trek, except DS9, didn't like that. What if they're done making Star Trek spin offs? That would be so sad. There should always be a Star Trek spin off on TV in my opinion. :-)

Plus Scott Bakula will be unemployed again. I hate when that happens. I've been following his career since Quantum Leap. (By the way, just bought QL season 2 on DVD for my birthday! Yay! )

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2005, 6:40 pm

"All good things must come to an end".... Star Trek ain't really been that great for some time though, so I'm not as upset to see it go as I once would have been.

Young_fogey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Feb 2005, 1:12 pm

The old show was high theatre for me when I was a kid watching it in repeats with a first-generation Trekkie sister telling me all about it, so I know far more about it than I usually care to admit.

And of course there was the sex appeal, strong stuff for a 10-year-old AS kid. Other boys had Catwoman or Charlie's Angels; for me it was Nurse Chapel. (Now that I'm grown I also see why most male Trekkies have a thing for Uhura.)

Liked 'TNG' (most of the regular characters were cool and I was in love with Gates McFadden, LOL) but didn't get into any of the other ones including 'Enterprise'.

But one thing I liked about 'Enterprise' was Hoshi's job - finally they stopped assuming the aliens all speak English!

P.S. Bakula was cool in 'Leap' - great concept for a show.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2005, 9:05 pm

Young_fogey wrote:
But one thing I liked about 'Enterprise' was Hoshi's job - finally they stopped assuming the aliens all speak English!

Even though, strangely, they still usually did....

synchro
Toucan
Toucan

09 Feb 2005, 6:14 pm

No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get interested in Enterprise. I never formed any attachment to the characters. Instead of seeing the characters, I saw the actors. The news of the cancellation still saddened me. I feel that the franchise will do better after a hiatus. Star Trek will return, in some form.

There's plenty of Trek books to read in the meantime. When I grew weary of Enterprise and ceased watching, I still needed a Trek fix. William Shatner's Trek books filled that need and were great fun to read.

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Feb 2005, 8:08 pm

i dunno..i think they ran that whole series into the ground..the first two shows were great (original and TNG)..but i never was able to get into the following spinoffs..

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2005, 8:15 pm

I liked Voyager a lot more than most people did (t was obviously never a patch on TNG though), never liked DS9 at all, and I thought Enterprise was pointless (with the worst theme tune ever). "Nemesis" was really good though, so there may be life in the old girl yet.....

FuzzyChickens
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Feb 2005, 4:54 pm

Everything was great until the Xindi saga... no Star Trek series should have huge, season-long story arcs. That's Babylon 5's turf.

Personally, I always found TOS and TNG a bit cheap and cheesy. Too many episodes revolved around an away tem beaming down to a planet, talking tot he natives, beaming back up to the ship, talking some more, beaming back down to the planet, doing more talking... and so on and so on, with nothing actually happening. I found DS9 and Voyager vastly more interesting, especially when the Borg were involved. I'm a major Borg fan. And Seven was a much more interesting character than Kes. "Ensign Kim, take off your clothes!" heh heh... great stuff.

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2005, 4:57 pm

<waaaaa><sniff sniff> :( I have been following the series since it began!

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2005, 2:04 pm

The reruns are on CBS now if nobody doesn't knows that. I like TNG the best also liked DS9 and Voyager series too.