Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Dent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Sep 2011, 2:35 pm

Sort of. Today was my second day of college. Since elementary school, I have never made a friend before the first 3 months had gone by. I think.
Don't ask me how I did it. I don't know. All I said was "So that's it for today, then?" figuring that he would say yes or no and then I could leave, but suddenly we were talking. I remembered to get his name, too.
I made the mistake of following him all the way across the campus, but we were talking so I assume that it was okay.

So..it's not as bad as I figured it would be.

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2011, 2:51 pm

Sounds to me like you did everything right. Most friendships start with something as casual as what you said after class, so I'd say you're off to a great start!

glasstoria
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Sep 2011, 3:16 pm

Congrats! good luck on your new friendship :)

namaste
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 5:43 am

congrats thats a great achievement.
keep it up and keep trying :lol:

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2011, 7:18 pm

Congratuations! You did everything well, too! Keep it up. :)

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

Dent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Sep 2011, 4:01 pm

Okay, I didn't make a friend. I thought I did, but apparently I missed some essential step and now he's a stranger again.
In my other class, I had to work with this girl who seems a lot like me, very quiet and prone to mumbling. I made her laugh a few times, but for the most part we kept it work related or pretended to be reading our reference books rather than talk to each other. I thought of all sorts of things to say after class ended, of course. Looking at it from a practical standpoint, she's my best chance for a friend in any of my classes.

Apophis
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Sep 2011, 4:17 pm

I'm curious how he's now a stranger again.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 11:06 am

What happened with the other guy? I'm sure you can still be friends with both people.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

Dent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Sep 2011, 3:16 pm

I tried to talk to him, but he acts like he doesn't remember me. Maybe he doesn't. And he doesn't want to hang out.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 3:46 am

:( That sucks. With every person you drift away from, there's always room for someone else. Focus on your developing friendship with the girl you met, I am sure it is likely to be a successful one. :) Don't give up!